Fire TV Series 4

Search This thread

rcartaz09

Dec 28, 2013
Hey, I have a new Fire TV Series 4 (brandenburg) which is showing current FireOS 7.2.4.0 but Amazon’s website says latest version is 7.2.7.9. Does anyone else have this issue? I’ve tried updating resetting and it says up to date. Is there a way to manually install the latest version?

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
You can't manually install update bins but you can clear the update app of old data in case that is holding things up.

Use ADB to call this command:
Code:
adb shell pm clear com.amazon.device.software.ota

You should get a 'success' message, then go to FireOS settings and check for updates again.

rcartaz09

Dec 28, 2013
You can't manually install update bins but you can clear the update app of old data in case that is holding things up.

Code:

You should get a 'success' message, then go to FireOS settings and check for updates again.
Thanks. It cleared it as once restarted it says "Last Checked: Never" lol but unfortunately still won't update. They're apparently aware of the issue as I contacted support and they said their technical teams are working on it.

Dcxtreme84

Apr 18, 2021
Thanks. It cleared it as once restarted it says "Last Checked: Never" lol but unfortunately still won't update. They're apparently aware of the issue as I contacted support and they said their technical teams are working on it.
Did you have any joy with them? This has been going on for ages now, bought a new tv with massively out of date firmware.

rcartaz09

Dec 28, 2013
Did you have any joy with them? This has been going on for ages now, bought a new tv with massively out of date firmware.
Nope. It's the same story "you have the latest version" even though I clearly don't. I tried contacting the social media team and they had me sent over information and then I got a reply back "I don't see an account with this email" and nothing since. I'm probably going to have them replace under warranty and cross my fingers the new one comes with new firmware without an issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Code:

This is an absolute joke - I might actually get this returned.
    Finally after contacting support through their social media team and giving them access to the device logs it looks like they fixed it. I just checked for an update and it's now downloading the latest version 7.2.9.2