• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen) looping - can't use any of the usual methods.

Search This thread

dossvidanya

Nov 21, 2021
I have a FTVS 2nd gen. When I boot it, I get the Amazon logo, then a brief black screen, then the "Fire TV . . ." screen.

Then, it goes to "Optimising system storage and apps - this may take up to ten minutes". It takes a lot longer than this; then it reboots. Rinse and repeat.

I have an OTG "Y" cable with a logitech K360 wireless keyboard (confirmed working), and a working remote paired to the stick.

I have tried "Back and right" held down throughout the entire boot process with zero response from the stick; I have tried ALT-FN-PrtSc-I repeatedly during the whole time it's on; I have also got funky and tried ALT Gr-FN-PrtSc-I, Alt-FN-Insert-I, and have tried throwing "CTRL" into the mix a few times too.

Nothing elicits any response from the stick. I don't think that the stick gets to the point of firing up the network stack, so there's no ADB via wifi; and of course I can't enable debugging via USB so there's no ADB by USB either.

Is there any way I can proceed? It's so old I don't mind opening it up if I have to, but that's a last resort.

TIA for informed responses.

I have a FTVS 2nd gen. When I boot it, I get the Amazon logo, then a brief black screen, then the "Fire TV . . ." screen.

Then, it goes to "Optimising system storage and apps - this may take up to ten minutes". It takes a lot longer than this; then it reboots. Rinse and repeat.

I have an OTG "Y" cable with a logitech K360 wireless keyboard (confirmed working), and a working remote paired to the stick.

I have tried "Back and right" held down throughout the entire boot process with zero response from the stick; I have tried ALT-FN-PrtSc-I repeatedly during the whole time it's on; I have also got funky and tried ALT Gr-FN-PrtSc-I, Alt-FN-Insert-I, and have tried throwing "CTRL" into the mix a few times too.

Nothing elicits any response from the stick. I don't think that the stick gets to the point of firing up the network stack, so there's no ADB via wifi; and of course I can't enable debugging via USB so there's no ADB by USB either.

Is there any way I can proceed? It's so old I don't mind opening it up if I have to, but that's a last resort.

Yes you can follow the thread "Unlock Root Twrp Unbrick Firetv Stick Tank" and once youve unlocked and rooted, flash a new fimware and start fresh.

Something has became corrupted in your sticks /system folder. Just take your time and follow the steps to the letter and dont be scared to ask for help if you get stuck.

Regards

Reactions: dossvidanya

dossvidanya

Nov 21, 2021
Yes you can follow the thread "Unlock Root Twrp Unbrick Firetv Stick Tank" and once youve unlocked and rooted, flash a new fimware and start fresh.

Something has became corrupted in your sticks /system folder. Just take your time and follow the steps to the letter and dont be scared to ask for help if you get stuck.

Regards
Thank you my man, much appreciated!

dossvidanya

Nov 21, 2021
OK, a combination of my shakes and my traditional mini soldering iron (HUGE compared to this circuit) I am unable to complete step 2 which is to short the CLK line to GND. At the risk of damaging my stick, I've given up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards