Fire TV Stick 4K 1st Gen (mantis) Rom

Search This thread

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
With what?
Its a replacement of OTA in priv-app
I do not have any Amazon keys to sign the apk.
So you have to replace it you cannot just install it.
Wait few minutes i will elaborate
After installing the test, I get the following after removing DeviceSoftwareOTA from priv-app said below with adb

Exception occurred while dumping:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown package: com.amazon.device.software.ota
at com.android.server.pm.Settings.isOrphaned(Settings.java:4165)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.isOrphaned(PackageManagerService.java:18609)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.deletePackage(PackageManagerService.java:16012)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageInstallerService.uninstall(PackageInstallerService.java:904)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runUninstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:792)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:118)
at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:94)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:18869)
at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:468)
at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:367)
at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:2387)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:3141)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:565)

To make sure it uninstalls. Wait I should've installed it on top of the existing stock app. Will do more testings. I'm 100% sure it was because of editing the .apk

SweenWolf

After installing the test, I get the following after removing DeviceSoftwareOTA from priv-app said below with adb

Exception occurred while dumping:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown package: com.amazon.device.software.ota
at com.android.server.pm.Settings.isOrphaned(Settings.java:4165)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.isOrphaned(PackageManagerService.java:18609)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.deletePackage(PackageManagerService.java:16012)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageInstallerService.uninstall(PackageInstallerService.java:904)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runUninstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:792)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:118)
at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:94)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:18869)
at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:468)
at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:367)
at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:2387)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:3141)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:565)

To make sure it uninstalls. Wait I should've installed it on top of the existing stock app. Will do more testings. I'm 100% sure it was because of editing the .apk
Do you have root?
If yes then just replace the files that way
Else use twrp, you can use the above twrp flashable zip as template

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Do you have root?
If yes then just replace the files that way
Else use twrp, you can use the above twrp flashable zip as template
Yes I have root. I'm doing this outside of TWRP. Should have thought of that. Thanks.

Edit. As it turns out I'm getting the same message when updating the app with the patch and when removing the system app. Don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I tried copying the package in TWRP and that didn't work.

Last edited:

SweenWolf

I clean flashed 6.2.8.1
OOBE went smoothly, had no issues. It showed IR profile screen only once, like normal setup does.
AppMarket is downloading updates normally.
OTA Screen is either showing "Your FireTV is up to date" or its throwing "Update Error".
DRM is not crashing the stick.

[NOTE]
DO NOT USE THIS BOOT.IMG IF YOU ARE ALREADY HAVE MAGISK INSTALL, IF YOU DO THEN YOU WILL LOSE ROOT.
AND ONLY UPDATE USING TWRP, DO NOT USE FASTBOOT TO FLASH.

(FLASHING ANY BOOT.IMG FROM FASTBOOT (HACKED BL) WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF TWRP AS WHEN THE DEVICE BOOTS WITH ITS STOCK BOOT IMAGE (AFTER FLASHING IT VIA FASTBOOT) IT WILL RESTORE YOUR TWRP WITH THE STOCK ONE BY RUNNING "install-recovery.sh". IF IT IS SUCCESSFUL IN RESTORE STOCK RECOVERY AND YOU ALSO HAS STOCK ROM INSTALLED WITH EFUSE BURNER IN /system/bin THEN IT WILL BLOW THE EFUSE.
IF IT IS UNSUCCESSFUL IN RESTORING THE RECOVERY THEN YOU WILL FACE A BOOTLOOP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO UNLOCK YOUR STICK AGAIN, CONSIDERING YOUR FUSE IS INTECT.

That was bit of info about this stuff, that i know and have personally tested.
Screenshot (264).png

Attachments

• DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk
    438.7 KB · Views: 34
  • boot.img
    7.4 MB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Reactions: Skel40

SweenWolf

Patch - 6.2.8.1 (NO FOTA)

V2 of this patch can be downloaded from here

Contents:
forcedotaupdator.apk : Disables updates on OOBE
fosservices.jar: Fixes Accessibility
services.jar: Fixes AppWidget
DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk: Disables OTA updates inside System

Requirements for this patch:
Unlocked Bootloader
Patched Boot Image (If you are using any prerooted images or you manually installed magisk then you already have a patched boot image, if you don't have any if them then download the patched image from here. It is extremely important or you'll get a bootloop.
To flash it just open TWRP select "Install Images" and select this image as boot and flash.)

TZ update - (TWRP)
It updates the TZ and also removes efuse related files.
I've extracted the TZ image from @rbox rom.

It fixes the DRM issue on newer roms

IMPORTANT NOTE
Do not flash any Stock Rom which contains efuse burner i.e. 6.2.8.0 or higher,
use a modified one which has the files removed and disable OTA updates also.

Attachments

• Patch - 6.2.8.1 (NO FOTA).zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 244
  • TZ Update - (TWRP).zip
    4 MB · Views: 451
Last edited:

bluejaysrs

Jul 6, 2018
Thanks for doing this, what’s the steps to install this?
Also does it block ads from IMDb tv and YouTube ?

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Send me the apk, if i get some free time I'll patch it.
Here's DeviceSoftwareOTA and the stock fosservices.jar from 6.2.7.7 3033. I dont know if the patched forced ota from the zip you provided above would be useful on this version. With testings I've made, it bypasses it on oobe.

Attachments

• DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk
    435 KB · Views: 19
  • fosservices.jar
    1.1 KB · Views: 19

SweenWolf

I now need some help combining the "copying system image" with @SweenWolf's forced ota zip he created by adding the script in the META-INF folder.
This is what I use, you might know I don't use Magisk, so you will not find it in here, you can add that manually.

Code:
(getprop("ro.product.device") == "mantis" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mantis") || abort("This package is for \"mantis\" devices
this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
ifelse(is_mounted("/system"), unmount("/system"));
ui_print("NS6281 (With Patches)");
ui_print("Copying system image...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
ui_print("Copying vendor image...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/vendor", package_extract_file("vendor.transfer.list"), "vendor.new.dat", "vendor.patch.dat");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/system", "/system", "");
ui_print("Deleting efuse burner");
delete("/system/bin/efuse_check.sh",
       "/system/bin/ewriter");
unmount("/system");
ui_print("Updating TZ...");
package_extract_file("images/tz.img", "/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/tee1_real");
package_extract_file("images/tz.img", "/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/tee2_real");                      
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/system", "/system", "");
ui_print("Patching System Files");
delete("/system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2/com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2.apk",
       "/system/priv-app/DeviceSoftwareOTA/DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk",
       "/system/framework/fosservices.jar",
       "/system/framework/services.jar",
       "/system/framework/oat/arm/fosservices.odex",
       "/system/framework/oat/arm/services.odex");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
set_metadata("/system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2/com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2.apk", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644);
set_metadata("/system/priv-app/DeviceSoftwareOTA/DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644);
set_metadata("/system/framework/fosservices.jar", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644);
set_metadata("/system/framework/services.jar", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644);
unmount("/system");
ui_print("Copying kernel...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/boot");
ui_print("OS Installation Complete");

Last edited:
Reactions: puppinoo and Skel40

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
This is what I use, you might know I don't use Magisk, so you will not find it in here, you can add that manually.

Code:
(getprop("ro.product.device") == "mantis" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mantis") || abort("This package is for \"mantis\" devices
this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
ui_print("NS6281 (With Patches)");
ui_print("Copying system image...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
ui_print("Copying vendor image...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/vendor", package_extract_file("vendor.transfer.list"), "vendor.new.dat", "vendor.patch.dat");
ui_print("Deleting efuse burner");
delete("/system/bin/efuse_check.sh",
       "/system/bin/ewriter");
unmount("/system");
ui_print("Updating TZ...");
package_extract_file("images/tz.img", "/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/tee1_real");
package_extract_file("images/tz.img", "/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/tee2_real");                     
ui_print("Patching System Files");
delete("/system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2/com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2.apk",
       "/system/priv-app/DeviceSoftwareOTA/DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk",
       "/system/framework/fosservices.jar",
       "/system/framework/services.jar",
       "/system/framework/oat/arm/fosservices.odex",
       "/system/framework/oat/arm/services.odex");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
set_metadata("/system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2/com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2.apk", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644);
set_metadata("/system/priv-app/DeviceSoftwareOTA/DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644);
set_metadata("/system/framework/fosservices.jar", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644);
set_metadata("/system/framework/services.jar", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0644);
unmount("/system");
ui_print("Copying kernel...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/soc/11230000.mmc/by-name/boot");
ui_print("OS Installation Complete");
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for! I'll test out the script and make an experimental .zip soon

Reactions: puppinoo

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
Patch - 6.2.8.1 (NO FOTA)
Contents:
forcedotaupdator.apk : Disables updates on OOBE
fosservices.jar: Fixes Accessibility
services.jar: Fixes AppWidget
DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk: Disables OTA updates inside System

Requirements for this patch:
Unlocked Bootloader
Patched Boot Image (If you are using any prerooted images or you manually installed magisk then you already have a patched boot image, if you don't have any if them then download the patched image from here. It is extremely important or you'll get a bootloop.
To flash it just open TWRP select "Install Images" and select this image as boot and flash.)

TZ update - (TWRP)
It updates the TZ and also removes efuse related files.
I've extracted the TZ image from @rbox rom.

It fixes the DRM issue on newer roms

IMPORTANT NOTE
Do not flash any Stock Rom which contains efuse burner i.e. 6.2.8.0 or higher,
use a modified one which has the files removed and disable OTA updates also.
So just to be clear if i install mantis-6.2.8.1-r2-tz-video-error fix-old-interface-pre-rooted.zip on main OP section I should be good ? I'm currently on rbox firmware 6.2.8.0 . It should not effect efuse doing so ? also would there be anything else I would need to flash after flashing ? I see this post and not quite sure if I need these files its all sorta confusing to me .

SweenWolf

So just to be clear if i install mantis-6.2.8.1-r2-tz-video-error fix-old-interface-pre-rooted.zip on main OP section I should be good ? I'm currently on rbox firmware 6.2.8.0 . It should not effect efuse doing so ? also would there be anything else I would need to flash after flashing ? I see this post and not quite sure if I need these files its all sorta confusing to me .
I will try to make it less confusing,
it depends on what you want with the system

rbox's latest prerooted firmware is 6.2.8.1_r2 which contains updated TZ (why TZ update is needed? If you are on older OS like 6.2.7.1 which is compatible with tz then almost all aps will work except Prime Video, if you are on newer OS like 6.2.8.0 but are using older TZ then they will be incompatible with each other and you will not be able to watch any DRM contents, it will cause the Device to freeze)

I have not checked what OP has in the ROM, so Skel40 will better tell you about it.

About my post that you quoted, it contains files which will patch 6.2.8.1 only (assuming that the user has only updated the system partition, all of the prerooted images only updates system), you don't need to update other partitions,
The NOFOTA zip will disable System updates on the system, meaning that your stick will not check for update, even after factory resetting or when you are setting your device for the first time (in OOBE), your stick will skip any update and will always tell you your system is up to date (or will throw an error) every time you click on check for update in the "My FireTV Section".
It also enables "AppWidget" which is missing on our stick from ever.
It also fixed Accessibility so that you can use LauncherHijack/FireTVSettings/FTVLaunchX/AnyDesk/MATVT etc.
Accessibility allows you to have Custom launcher (without disabling amazon stock launcher), MATVT allows you to use remote as mouse (its alternative to Mouse Toggle).
It does not uses magisk so it doesn't matter if the system is rooted or not (it is flashed via TWRP)
Now because you are not disabling your stock launcher you can access all the settings
This zip will work on any 6.2.8.1 system (you need to have TWRP to flash it)
It needs the patched boot image so it can boot properly (the boot.img I provided is not patched by magisk so there will be no root, you can install magisk.zip to root if you want)

The TZ update is only for those who are on 6.2.8.0 or 6.2.8.1 and whose Netflix and prime are crashing and do not want to download the full system image. it will patch the OS (it will update the TZ and then remove the files which burns the efuse).

The boot image i provided has some things removed, It does not check if the system is tempered (magisk also removes that and is required to removed, if not removed them only stock images will run on your system and any modification to the system will make it non bootable)
Efuse and recovery service are removed, meaning system will not execute these commands
the function of efuse checker is to check and blow the efuse (my and pretoriano80's boot image will not run it even its present in the system).
the function of recovery is to check if the recovery is stock or not, if it is not stock then the system replaces it(TWRP) with stock (amazon)
as long as you have TWRP installed, recovery script will not do anything but i have removed it just to be safe.
This boot.img is taken from 6.2.8.1

Last edited:

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Yes you should be good. The r2 is from rboxs rom to ensure the tz images are set. It won't effect the efuse when doing so because specifically in rbox's script, there's a script referenced in the first page of my OP that states the script to fully remove the efuse_check.sh and ewriter files before flashing so it's safe to flash. I don't just create flashable .zips with the efuse in place. I hope this doesn't confuse you more. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to respond back

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
Yes you should be good. The r2 is from rboxs rom to ensure the tz images are set. It won't effect the efuse when doing so because specifically in rbox's script, there's a script referenced in the first page of my OP that states the script to fully remove the efuse_check.sh and ewriter files before flashing so it's safe to flash. I don't just create flashable .zips with the efuse in place. I hope this doesn't confuse you more. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to respond back
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions . So I’m a nut shell the main difference between your rom and rbox is essentially nofota and removal of efuse data ?

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions . So I’m a nut shell the main difference between your rom and rbox is essentially nofota and removal of efuse data ?
Yes. And no problem. Yeah. On the accessibility version I removed the files to ensure it doesn't burn the efuse while the other rom without the accessibility/fota has it in place until the script is recognized in TWRP to remove the efuse so it's basically the same thing on both

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
How do I uninstall Amazon live shopping it came up after installing the rom . Never had it previously any help would be helpful .

Top Liked Posts

I'll flash this then magisk with TWRP. Just to confirm does this patched rom update your op 6701 3/15/2024?

This link didn't work for me, couldn't be found.
    Hello @hafren !
    Follow the instructions as in OP:
    '[ROOT][MANTIS][FIRESTICK 4K] Custom Launcher Support and System Patches' https://xdaforums.com/t/root-mantis-firestick-4k-custom-launcher-support-and-system-patches.4461275/
    If you wish to have root
    Flash rom followed by patch 6702 followed by Magisk and clear /dalvik-cache,cache and reboot.
    NOTE:
    IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO CLEAN INSTALL CLEAR /system,cache,dalvik-cache
    NOT DATA AND FOLLOW AS BRIEFED ABOVE AND IN OP.
    cheers!
    Thanks for your help @hasobist , 6.7.0.3 pre-rooted with tz unpatched is available to study
    Noob question but I assume this rom prevents updates from installing? Also can someone explain the following acronyms (trying to learn:))

LK
    PL
    CLH
    dalvik
    Little Kernel is a bootloader like fastboot on mobile phones to bring up kernel information about the system, model numbers, etc
    Preloader is a MediaTek component that initializes hardware upon boot up. It reads the boot0 on the device from the eMMC to the ram in read only format
    Custom Launcher Handler is a tool to use for system patches for the (mantis) device to get more features for full user control, rom must be patched to run it without needing to install Launcher Manager.
    Dalvik executes the application's data to run the OS and acts as a cache we see in TWRP. I always wipe it to not have storage space issues when upgrading pre-rooted and downgrading.

The roms do block OTA without needing to disable-user. Later today, i'll release a 6.7.0.2 patched rom. CLH 1.12 will be integrated via script
    I have some feedback and questions regarding the 6.7.0.1 roms.

Feedback
    1. Double pressing home does not open CLH in the mantis-rooted-6-7-0-1-patched-3-15-rootfix-zip rom. It did work in the mantis-6-7-0-1-patched-3-8-zip rom.
    2. Disabling CLH seems to have no effect in either rom. Under status it will show inactive and show the stock com.amazon.firehomestarter launcher as the default but the stock launcher is not opened and it launches whatever CLH was set to launch.
    Questions
    1. Is there anyway to have access to all of the amazon settings options? Key options I do not see under CLH System Shortcuts are the Display & Sounds or Controllers & Bluetooth Devices. Preventing pairing of new remotes.

I wiped system, cache, dalvik, and data under twrp 3.6.1_9-0. Also tried formatting data under twrp. Wiping/formatting data seems to have no effect as downloaded files are still present.
    I have some feedback and questions regarding the 6.7.0.1 roms.

Feedback
    1. Double pressing home does not open CLH in the mantis-rooted-6-7-0-1-patched-3-15-rootfix-zip rom. It did work in the mantis-6-7-0-1-patched-3-8-zip rom.
    Hello !
    Dirty flash Sweens patch 6701 followed by Magisk for root,clear /dalvik-cache,cache (DO NOT WIPE ANY OTHER PARTITION)and reboot. Go to CLH activate(first option) and then second option choose your desired Launcher stock/custom ,now the home button double click should work,giving you CLH options.
    1. Disabling CLH seems to have no effect in either rom. Under status it will show inactive and show the stock com.amazon.firehomestarter launcher as the default but the stock launcher is not opened and it launches whatever CLH was set to launch.
    Follow the above it works charm.
    Questions
    1. Is there anyway to have access to all of the amazon settings options? Key options I do not see under CLH System Shortcuts are the Display & Sounds or Controllers & Bluetooth Devices. Preventing pairing of new remotes.
    You can use Launcher Manager(few other options as well), from Wolf Launcher thread ,which is same as CLH.
    Once CLH is up and running ,you'll be served with all the options described.
    I wiped system, cache, dalvik, and data under twrp 3.6.1_9-0. Also tried formatting data under twrp. Wiping/formatting data seems to have no effect as downloaded files are still present.
    If you have already gone through the registration process ,the steps listed above shall work for CLH ,you'll have all the options of stock settings.
    For your information:
    If you clean flash
    Wipe /system, cache,dalvik-cache,data
    Flash rom of your choice (if Skel40 rom all the patches of Sween are incorporated except for 6702 ,which will roll out soon)
    1. If your flashing stock rom :
    Then stock rom followed by path by sween for respective firmware followed by Magisk then clear /dalvik-cache,cache and reboot and complete OOBE.
    2.If your flashing patched rom by Skel40 :
    Then firmware of your choice followed by Magisk and clear /dalvik-cache,cache and reboot. Complete OOBE and it boots to CLH ,activate and select your Launcher of choice from options served.
    NOTE:If you have a broken CLH that is double click of home button ain't works when you flash patched rom 6701 by Skel( only noticed in 6701),then follow the above steps of dirty flashing Sweens patch followed by Magisk for root then wipe /dalvik-cache,cache and reboot ,your all good.
    Whenever you flash Sweens patch you flash Magisk for root or else you lose root permissions ,as mentioned clear /dalvik-cache,cache and reboot ,it's mentioned in Custom Launcher OP
    Hope it clears all.......
    Cheers!
    @hasobist Thanks for all your help. The FTV Settings and LM apks are working and provide the setting options I was looking for.

I also found out why disabling the FTV launcher stops the settings shortcut when long pressing home from working. Because the settings menu is not a part of the com.amazon.tv.settings.v2 apk, but instead is part of the com.amazon.tv.launcher/.ui.MainSettingsActivity apk.

Using adb logcat | grep START and opening a FTV setting category shows this.
    Hello @SK4G !
    Wonderful it helped.
    Both the apks are related to the Stock Launcher in their own way for their use.
    It's good to disable the Stock Launcher and firehome starter to decrease the lag when the stick boots ,it boots directly to Custom Launcher selected.
    Thank you.......
    Cheers!
    6.7.0.1 is here! I strongly recommend this version!! This features working patches, a reboot to recovery option via double home press, etc on my OP!!!
    Noob question but I assume this rom prevents updates from installing? Also can someone explain the following acronyms (trying to learn:))

LK
    PL
    CLH
    dalvik
    Fire OS 6.7.0.1 (Android 7.1.2) Non-Rooted/Rooted Magisk Rom with TZ (Recommended!!)
    Release: 3/15/2024
    Magisk is removed, flash Magisk for the boot.img to be patched properly, the modified boot.img is in its root directory within this rom extraction.
    Changes:
    DeviceSoftwareOTA
    com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2
    services.jar/odex
    fosservices.jar/odex

Added:
    CLH

Fixed:
    TWRP Error 6

Removed only on Pre-Rooted:
    PackageInstaller (for stock, user choice)
    Description: This rom is patched. All accessibility, pm disable-user are working, including,
    Double press home for shortcut (enable CLH) this brings up "Recent App" (last launched app), "Recent Apps", "Running Apps", "Protected Packages" (to toggle on/off)

Hold menu button (while in CLH) for hook settings which include Double Tap (HOME): Active, Long Press (BACK), Double Press (HOME) to be set to active or inactive on an application level state for the user.

More Info about the patches on OP, I give thanks to @SweenWolf for making this possible: https://xdaforums.com/t/root-mantis-firestick-4k-custom-launcher-support-and-system-patches.4461275/

Official Magisk, change .apk to .zip, NEVER flash inside the Fire OS. Bricking will occur (recovery is limited with a blown efuse if accidently flashed stock 6.2.8.0 and higher), only flash in TWRP directly as a warning: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

Missing:
    Sky-Go patching and we're set!!

Not Working:
    Launcher Manager 1.1.8 (CLH patches add the settings via double home press, app isn't needed)

Fire OS 6.7.0.0 (Android 7.1.2) Pre-Rooted Magisk 20.0 with TZ for the streaming fix and efuse script
    Release: 11/28/2023
    Magisk is necessary for patching, remove via app launch and let it reboot if not needed

Note: Before flashing 6.2.7.7-lower, always flash the stock bin of the rom before flashing the pre-rooted version. I had 6.7.0.0 installed pre-rooted, wiped all partitions in TWRP, flashed the pre-rooted 6.2.7.7/3033 and it bricked. The only way out of the brick was flashing the stock 6.2.7.7/3033 and flashing the pre-rooted rom immediately after. NEVER flash 6.2.8.0-latest stock rom. This blows the efuse and patches the unlocking shorting method.
    Changes:
    DeviceSoftwareOTA
    PackageInstaller
    AdepFOS
    build.prop
    # USB Charge only function
    ro.sys.usb.charging.only=no (instead of yes)
    ro.build.version.number=0000000000000
    Description:
    OTA is patched, PackageInstaller via 3rd party app install is more clearer and easier to see now, AdepFOS is removed to get LM to work, build version number is set to this to block OTA from trying to connect, and the usb charge only function is set to "no" which might explain why the usb power itself causes the unit to reboot when connected via PC.
    Development: fosservices,jar/odex/services.jar/odex patching, com.amazon.tv.oobe (for blacklisted users)
    Estimated Time: N/A

Fire OS 6.2.7.3 Sky-Go Fix (Android 7.1.2) Non-Rooted with TZ patching
    Release: 12/05/2023
    Changes:
    otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.bak in system/etc/security
    DeviceSoftwareOTA
    PackageInstaller
    build.prop
    fosservices.jar/services.jar/odex for Sky-Go support

Bugs:
    The CPU cores go too high while streaming content causing the video to play at lower qualities. Further tweaks and more modifications of the build.prop with dalvik need to be adjusted to different values.
    Newer Fire TV remotes won't work with this rom. Only the old 2018 remote without the app buttons and the old Alexa remote without power and volume. Fire TV Launcher Cache does build up. Always adb shell, pm clear com.amazon.tv.launcher.
    Description: Sky-Go streaming works. There's no errors when launching the app

Fire OS 6.2.7.7/3033 (Android 7.1.2) Pre-Rooted Magisk with TZ fix
    Release: 12/20/2023
    Changes:
    DeviceSoftwareOTA
    PackageInstaller
    build.prop
    NIMH
    Bugs:
    Launcher Manager won't work properly due to the older interface. It partially works with some issues launching shortcuts to settings.

Fire OS 6.7.0.3/5183 (Android 7.1.2) Pre-Rooted with TZ
    Release: 4/19/2024
    Changes:
    DeviceSoftwareOTA
    Description: ADB is blocked in apps, Fire TV Settings, My FireTV, About refreshes the device name and account name. The features that are blocked are unknown.
    In the next few weeks I'm resuming Fire TV Stick 4K (mantis) rom development and possibly try and getting Fire OS 6.2.9.5 (NS6295/4448) started with the mods from this forum. I've been quite busy lately with little time for any rom projects and my PC previously broke down for a long time now and got a new one recently so creating roms will soon return for this device and the Lite stick.
    I will try to make it less confusing,
    it depends on what you want with the system

rbox's latest prerooted firmware is 6.2.8.1_r2 which contains updated TZ (why TZ update is needed? If you are on older OS like 6.2.7.1 which is compatible with tz then almost all aps will work except Prime Video, if you are on newer OS like 6.2.8.0 but are using older TZ then they will be incompatible with each other and you will not be able to watch any DRM contents, it will cause the Device to freeze)

I have not checked what OP has in the ROM, so Skel40 will better tell you about it.

About my post that you quoted, it contains files which will patch 6.2.8.1 only (assuming that the user has only updated the system partition, all of the prerooted images only updates system), you don't need to update other partitions,
    The NOFOTA zip will disable System updates on the system, meaning that your stick will not check for update, even after factory resetting or when you are setting your device for the first time (in OOBE), your stick will skip any update and will always tell you your system is up to date (or will throw an error) every time you click on check for update in the "My FireTV Section".
    It also enables "AppWidget" which is missing on our stick from ever.
    It also fixed Accessibility so that you can use LauncherHijack/FireTVSettings/FTVLaunchX/AnyDesk/MATVT etc.
    Accessibility allows you to have Custom launcher (without disabling amazon stock launcher), MATVT allows you to use remote as mouse (its alternative to Mouse Toggle).
    It does not uses magisk so it doesn't matter if the system is rooted or not (it is flashed via TWRP)
    Now because you are not disabling your stock launcher you can access all the settings
    This zip will work on any 6.2.8.1 system (you need to have TWRP to flash it)
    It needs the patched boot image so it can boot properly (the boot.img I provided is not patched by magisk so there will be no root, you can install magisk.zip to root if you want)

The TZ update is only for those who are on 6.2.8.0 or 6.2.8.1 and whose Netflix and prime are crashing and do not want to download the full system image. it will patch the OS (it will update the TZ and then remove the files which burns the efuse).

The boot image i provided has some things removed, It does not check if the system is tempered (magisk also removes that and is required to removed, if not removed them only stock images will run on your system and any modification to the system will make it non bootable)
    Efuse and recovery service are removed, meaning system will not execute these commands
    the function of efuse checker is to check and blow the efuse (my and pretoriano80's boot image will not run it even its present in the system).
    the function of recovery is to check if the recovery is stock or not, if it is not stock then the system replaces it(TWRP) with stock (amazon)
    as long as you have TWRP installed, recovery script will not do anything but i have removed it just to be safe.
    This boot.img is taken from 6.2.8.1
    Patch - 6.2.8.1 v2 (NO FOTA)

FireTV IME:

• Enables voice search
    Requirements:
    • v2 Patch
    • Alexa (Latest)
    Package Installer:
    • Fix white Action Bar
    Requirements:
    • v2 Patch

Instructions:
    Flash Patch (6.2.8.1) v2 using TWRP and reboot.
    When the system is booted install the apps normally using any file manager.
    What do you think, should we fix widgets too? [Try to fix]