Fire TV Stick 4K Firmware and apps. Official Cloud Front direct links

Search This thread

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
@July IGHOR Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3233) is rolling out from the /cache folder and isn't a flashable .zip file. It's filename is diff_6.2.8.0.bin. So would we have to wait until Amazon releases a future update?

Ighor

Jul 3, 2010
IF
t.me
@July IGHOR Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3233) is rolling out from the /cache folder and isn't a flashable .zip file. It's filename is diff_6.2.8.0.bin. So would we have to wait until Amazon releases a future update?

It is still .zip file even named .bin. If update interrupted it starts to download full version.
Since they rolling out updates not for everyone at time, once my stick get its update I'll add the link.
Or someone who already have that update will contribute a link.

paulison

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, Does anyone have the Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3233) .zip or .bin file that they can share as yet? Still not had a firestick 4k update here in the UK as yet.

Ighor

Jul 3, 2010
IF
t.me
But where is 6.2.8.0? It always says 6.2.7.7 after each of these.
It could be only stock app updates, and maybe after all installed next FW will be available. Amazon servers make decision what to push on your device using information of fw version and all stock installed app versions

mybrownays

Jan 16, 2021
Hi, Does anyone have the Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3233) .zip or .bin file that they can share as yet?

Full image:

OTA image:

Last edited:

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Thanks! I already tested it, and it is working, but if downgraded it won't boot, stuck on fire tv logo. So there is no easy way back.

Yeah. I just downloaded this and inspected it. Unfortunately once the fuse is blown, there is no going back. I saw they added a script that did nothing a few versions ago, and I see now they've updated it to blow the fuse. I'll be putting out a prerooted ROM soon that disables the fuse blowing.

DKI

Jul 7, 2009
There is a method but it is not public yet.
I'm in the Same boat. I not routed my firestick (unless people count allow apps from unknown sources and ADB debugging option set to on as rooted) but I don't consider that a rooted device but other's do.

I got allow apps from unknown sources enabled but had no reason for the ADB debugging to be on.

Given it's been over a week since the amazon page has shown the update I would like to get my device updated but not by truly rooting it or too much messing around with my device.

k4y0z

Nov 27, 2015
Thanks! I already tested it, and it is working, but if downgraded it won't boot, stuck on fire tv logo. So there is no easy way back.

Was this on a locked or unlocked device?
Did you try factory-reset after downgrade?
If it does show the logo it doesn't sound like RPMB Anti-rollback.

Yeah. I just downloaded this and inspected it. Unfortunately once the fuse is blown, there is no going back. I saw they added a script that did nothing a few versions ago, and I see now they've updated it to blow the fuse. I'll be putting out a prerooted ROM soon that disables the fuse blowing.
As long as tz stays at 6.2.7.6 or below, writing the efuse shouldn't work.
6.2.7.7 was the first that introduced the efuse read/write in tz and had the script that only checked if reading efuse works.
Seems like 6.2.8.0 now went the next step and actually blows the fuse, as was anticipated.

I'm in the Same boat. I not routed my firestick (unless people count allow apps from unknown sources and ADB debugging option set to on as rooted) but I don't consider that a rooted device but other's do.

I got allow apps from unknown sources enabled but had no reason for the ADB debugging to be on.

Given it's been over a week since the amazon page has shown the update I would like to get my device updated but not by truly rooting it or too much messing around with my device.

I decided to just do the first part of unlocking and getting TWRP in and then I applied the full 6.2.8.0 update. This way it’s effectively stock and I can change my mind at any time. Can’t say it was worth waiting for. 😂

Doing the short took about 10 attempts to get it right. 5 of those with an unsuitable cable. 4 with too wide a piece of foil. Kept getting the serial protocol error and thought I was out of luck and then it just worked faster than I could blink After I shrunk the foil even further to ensure it only covered the 3rd cap. I think I was shorting out DAT0 too before.

Both my 4K’s are out of warranty now. So, I felt I could try this out on one and do the second depending on the success of the first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    https://d1s31zyz7dcc2d.cloudfront.prod.ota-cloudfront.net/2024/3/28/aab893f4-27ec-4449-b15b-f06f9df90c05/update-kindle-mantis-NS6703_user_5183_0010235428740.bin

-nomobytes
    It's not that "pm clear" has been disabled. It's that some system apps are now protected. I'm not sure if 6.7.0.3 is the first update to make this change on Mantis, but other newer models have had packages protected from a little while ago.

The list of protected packages that I'm aware of is:
    • amazon.fireos
    • com.amazon.adep
    • com.amazon.client.metrics
    • com.amazon.device.crashmanager
    • com.amazon.device.logmanager
    • com.amazon.device.messaging
    • com.amazon.device.messaging.sdk.internal.library
    • com.amazon.device.messaging.sdk.library
    • com.amazon.device.metrics
    • com.amazon.device.rdmapplication
    • com.amazon.device.settings.sdk.internal.library
    • com.amazon.device.software.ota
    • com.amazon.device.software.ota.override
    • com.amazon.device.sync
    • com.amazon.device.sync.sdk.internal
    • com.amazon.diode
    • com.amazon.firehomestarter
    • com.amazon.ftvads.deeplinking
    • com.amazon.identity.auth.device.authorization
    • com.amazon.minerva.client.api
    • com.amazon.platform.fdrw
    • com.amazon.securitysyncclient
    • com.amazon.sync.service
    • com.amazon.tcomm
    • com.amazon.tcomm.client
    • com.amazon.tv.csapp
    • com.amazon.tv.keypolicymanager
    • com.amazon.tv.launcher
    • com.amazon.tv.oobe
    • com.amazon.tv.parentalcontrols
    • com.amazon.tv.settings.v2
    • com.amazon.venezia
    • com.amazon.whisperlink.core.android
    • com.fireos.arcus.proxy
    • com.fireos.usagestats.proxy
    Code:
    https://d1s31zyz7dcc2d.cloudfront.prod.ota-cloudfront.net/2024/3/28/aab893f4-27ec-4449-b15b-f06f9df90c05/update-kindle-mantis-NS6703_user_5183_0010235428740.bin

-nomobytes
    What more does it block?
    Could I have it download an update, then replace the file with the full 6.2.8.1 OTA renaming it first to the update name, and then let it reboot?
    It won't work, it will go to install loop and won't install. There are additional checks in the updater app so it will install only expected build.
    Well, I think it'll hand over to recovery by writing to /cache the recovery command, and reboot. The OTA app has these rights, and that's how it hands things over to recovery upon reboot:
    I understand and I don't know will it will work from recovery mode, but I tried to replace the file before OTA service access it, like you said, and it isn't working. It verifies lots of fields in the bin file including checksum.
    Fire TV Stick 4K Stock Firmware files, cloudfront.net download links.

Firmware (Once downloaded you need to change file name from .bin to .zip)

https://gist.github.com/JulyIghor/d3d3dd460527a1d2b5b67954160d4abf
    What is the purpose here... I like the file list and all the apps, but i don't understand what the goal is.... Is this to have stock? don't the apps come with stock? sorry, just i dont understand.
    I guess it's useful for people who disabled the OTA updates but still want to keep their FireTV updated.
    Hi, Does anyone have the Fire OS 6.2.8.0 (NS6280/3233) .zip or .bin file that they can share as yet?

Full image:

OTA image:
    Today i got some time to diff between 6.2.7.7 and 6.2.8.0 and i couldn't find anything related to efuse , except for the efuse check that they added on 6.2.7.7.
    I also checked the kernel source and the only changes are related to firetv remote drivers, hdmi drivers and suspend to ram management.
    An interesting thing that can be somehow related to the downgrade issue reported by Igor is a policy context i've found in the ramdisk (screenshot attached).
    That FireTV Boot Controller might be related to some service that Amazon added to prevent downgrading. View attachment 5271783

As @rbox already noted 6.2.8.0 adds the efuse_write to the efuse_check.sh:

efuse_check.diff.png

The downgrade issue is probably just incompatibility with userdata.
    A factory reset would probably fix that.

Was this on a locked or unlocked device?
    Did you try factory-reset after downgrade?
    If it does show the logo it doesn't sound like RPMB Anti-rollback.

As long as tz stays at 6.2.7.6 or below, writing the efuse shouldn't work.
    6.2.7.7 was the first that introduced the efuse read/write in tz and had the script that only checked if reading efuse works.
    Seems like 6.2.8.0 now went the next step and actually blows the fuse, as was anticipated.