• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fire TV Stick 4K (mantis) Debloated Rom 6.2.7.1 93/6.2.7.7 Revised

Which OS do you prefer to stay on with a debloated rom?

• 6.2.7.1 or below with FTVLaunchX and Accessibility

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • 6.2.7.3 and above without the two

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Debloated Rom For The Fire TV Stick 4K 6.2.7.1 93/6.2.7.7 Revised

NOTE: Firmware versions after 6.2.7.7 will not work with this debloated rom. It's been a few months since I've updated this guide so be cautious with installing this. The latest fw implements an efuse to prevent downgrading so in the next few days or later I'm updating my debloated rom back to the TWRP backup because of the forced update. I'm currently trying to add AV Sync Tuning and a few added features with older fws with more testings.

Steps: Boot into TWRP from either the OTG cable or through an ADB command by enabling ADB debugging in My Fire TV, Developer Options. After booting into TWRP, make sure to wipe system, dalvik, and cache before flashing but before doing any of that take a backup of the system image, vendor image, boot and finally your data. After restoring remember Amazon will automatically have a verification to sign you in again because of security reasons.

XDA:DevDB Information
Debloated Rom For Fire TV Stick 4K (6.2.7.1 93/6.2.7.7)

Contributors
Skel40
ROM OS Version: 6.2.7.7 Debloated Rom. Based off the Stock Image of 6.2.7.1/93. 6.2.7.7 Pre-rooted Image.
ROM Firmware Required: Any

Version Information
6.2.7.7 Revised
Debloated Latest Rom with 146 applications left out of the 171 installed with this new version found in /system/priv-app. The folder lists the removed files along with built in build.prop tweaks. (New) I moved the rom to MEGA for easier access. A little bit more packages have been added back for stability reasons. The package, com.amazon.tv.turnstile is the problem when pairing remotes so the issue is fixed!

6.2.7.1 93
Debloated Rom with 126 applications in priv-app, same information as above. With Build.prop Tweaks and no boot animation on reboot. Read the Changelog in the 6.2.7.1 93 Rom below for more information in the Removed Files Folder.

Issues: Prime Video is still having problems downloading and installing an additional app after installing it from the Amazon Appstore. The incremental updates won't work on 6.2.7.1 93 because of attempting to update to 6.2.7.7
Current Stable Version: Revised Version 1.1 6.2.7.7
Stable Release Date: 2021-01-04 (6.2.7.7 revised)
Created 2020-04-18
Last Updated 2021-01-04

Debloated Rom 6.2.7.1 93 with Removed Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bmZwmkyJw4e7Y9cjtiAfdr0KuQnA-CHK?usp=sharing

Debloated Rom 6.2.7.7 MEGA Revised 1.1

Changelog of 6.2.7.1 93

With this downgraded release of 6.2.7.1 93, expect a few problems with several packages that I've removed for a reason:

Changelog of the 6.2.7.1 93 Debloated Version (FTVLaunchX/Accessibility features are working)

The apps that aren't working is solely because of the missing "System Components" update

* Amazon FreeTime won't work
* IMDB won't work (Use the Free section on the Fire TV Home UI for Free Movies/TV)
* News won't work
* Updating won't go through unless you choose to upgrade to the latest OS (Meaning it'll keep downloading 6.2.7.7 but will fail because of otacerts.zip being removed)
* Build.prop Tweaks are added to this rom, use a computer to transfer the prop file if you choose not to have the tweaks yourself.(My post can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/general/fire-tv-stick-4k-tweaks-root-keyboard-t4064269)
* Make a TWRP backup before flashing this rom of the following partitions: System Image, Boot, Data, and Vendor Image in case you want to go back however you want
* Most of things if not many of the packages and files are gone for maximum storage as possible (Removed Files can be found on the OP of this page)
* Please note that the mbcache.db file is a storage decreaser, use these commands for chmod 0 and make the file frozen with 0 MB

adb connect 192.168.x.x (change it to your IP)
adb shell
su
cd /data/data/com.amazon.tv.launcher/databases
rm mbcache.db*
touch mbcache.db
touch mbcache.db-shm
touch mbcache.db-wal
chmod 0 mbcache.db*
ls-all

To re-enable
adb connect 192.168.1.101 (change it to your IP)
adb shell
su
rm mbcache.db*
touch mbcache.db
touch mbcache.db-shm
touch mbcache.db-wal
chmod 660 *.db
chmod 600 *.db-*

* All three files are zeros. Reboot and you'll now see more increased storage.
* Amazon Home will throw an error so enable Do Not Disturb in Settings
* Magisk is pre-installed, and the System is in RW mode.
* The Setup Wizard SHOULD go through no matter what. No need to worry about being stuck

Changelog of 6.2.7.7 Revised

* Magisk is pre-installed, and the System is also in RW mode.
*Priv-app, app, and media have been modified for debloating with a list of every file I've removed and being able to download the removed files as an apk without unzipping.
*Added Build tweaks except for the no boot animation
*Added packages back for stability

Last edited:

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Tried it and am stuck on black fire tv screen. I will unbrick and try again in a bit.
Got it going, I wasn't on the 6.2.7.1 the first time and it didn't work. Updated using the 6.2.7.1 rom you posted in another thread then used your backup. So far everything seems good .

Maybe Skel40 should add a boot.img (suitable to his rom backup), in order to avoid such problems.

Reactions: Skel40

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Tried it and am stuck on black fire tv screen. I will unbrick and try again in a bit.
Got it going, I wasn't on the 6.2.7.1 the first time and it didn't work. Updated using the 6.2.7.1 rom you posted in another thread then used your backup. So far everything seems good .

Ok flashing the rom I posted on the other forum with this backup erases the modifications done for debloating due to the zip acting like its an update therefore re-adds the deleted apps I deleted myself!!!!! Try downloading the boot.emmc.win and boot.emmc.win.sha2 with the debloated rom you downloaded, and restore the boot.img along with the system image, vendor image. (Put the boot.emmc.win and boot.emmc.win.sha2 inside the ftvs4kdebloatedv1.0 folder IF downloaded already) Before doing this, wipe /system, data, and cache THEN restore the system image, vendor image, and boot! Get back to me as soon as possible!!!!

Last edited:
Ok flashing the rom I posted on the other forum with this backup erases the modifications done for debloating due to the zip acting like its an update therefore re-adds the deleted apps I deleted myself!!!!! Try downloading the boot.emmc.win and boot.emmc.win.sha2 with the debloated rom you downloaded, and restore the boot.img along with the system image, vendor image. (Put the boot.emmc.win and boot.emmc.win.sha2 inside the ftvs4kdebloatedv1.0 folder IF downloaded already) Before doing this, wipe /system, data, and cache THEN restore the system image, vendor image, and boot! Get back to me as soon as possible!!!!

The first time I tried it, I was on an older rom version. When I used your backup it was stuck at the black fire tv screen. I was able to get into TWRP and flash your 6.2.7.1 rom you posted then used your backup and it worked great. I should have made that clear. Sorry for that. That being said, with the new files you listed can a person use your backup on another rom version " say 6.2.6.8 " or should it be on 6.2.7.1.? I have another 4k stick I might have time tomorrow to test the new method on.

WarrenDen

Apr 23, 2020
Have tried this rom to pass updating configuration screen on my Fire TV 4k without success. Restored this rom from TWRP without a problem but stucked again at configuration updating screen.

0815hoffi

Dec 22, 2019
Munich
github.com
Yes you must decompile com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk
with APK Easy Tool.

!!!!! For Sure save a backup of this file !!!!
and customize NativePageProvider.smali file
Replace the Update command like

Lines
??????? 》with NOP

example attached , decompile it and compare the file to understand how it works

than compile with APK Easy Tool and replace the file over twrp.

------‐-----------'

Easy way delete com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk over twrp.
Pair remote with use of TV-CEC Remote.

An then do the Configuration.

But then it is not possible to enable adb over the settings.

Can be done in twrp maybe.

in TWRP type:

echo -n 'mtp,adb' > /data/property/persist.sys.usb.config
echo '' >> /system/build.prop
echo '# Enable ADB' >> /system/build.prop
echo 'persist.service.adb.enable=1' >> /system/build.prop
echo 'persist.service.debuggable=1' >> /system/build.prop
echo 'persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb' >> /system/build.prop

Reboot

Do it at your own Risk!!!!!

If it works, run.

adb shell settings put global setup_wizard_has_run 1
adb shell settings put secure user_setup_complete 1
adb shell settings put global device_provisioned 1

To set oobe succesfully run.

----‐---------

Own Risk you can try replace com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk with the attached file, run the Setup Wizard and After that copy back the backuped com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk to /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.oobe/com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk

Attachments

• com.amazon.tv.oobe-Stripped-5.2.6.3.apk
    13.6 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: WarrenDen and dadme

dadme

Aug 9, 2007
with APK Easy Tool.

Lines
??????? 》with NOP

------‐-----------'

in TWRP type:

Reboot

If it works, run.

----‐---------

Own Risk you can try replace com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk with the attached file, run the Setup Wizard and After that copy back the backuped com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk to /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.oobe/com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk

Should work even for 4k Fire TV? Or only for 2 gen?

0815hoffi

Dec 22, 2019
Munich
github.com
@dadme

I have played around this with 4k , and it works.

But with the Restrictions i Described.

This i have testet 4k.

Flashable 4k Twrp zip attached.

It delete oobe and amazon launcher and install leanbacklauncher.

try it at your own risk

Error in zip fixed, please redownload

Last edited:
Reactions: WarrenDen and dadme

dadme

Aug 9, 2007
@dadme

I have played around this with 4k , and it works.

But with the Restrictions i Described.

This i have testet 4k.

Flashable 4k Twrp zip attached.

It delete oobe and amazon launcher and install leanbacklauncher.

try it at your own risk

Thanks for the info! I make a try on the weekend. Restrictions.. I don;t have Amazon Prime... Just for Kodi and HBO Go. And mirroring phone display..
That would be another question. In case of an software update, the process of decompile and patching will probably have to be restarted?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Debloated Rom For The Fire TV Stick 4K 6.2.7.1 93/6.2.7.7 Revised

NOTE: Firmware versions after 6.2.7.7 will not work with this debloated rom. It's been a few months since I've updated this guide so be cautious with installing this. The latest fw implements an efuse to prevent downgrading so in the next few days or later I'm updating my debloated rom back to the TWRP backup because of the forced update. I'm currently trying to add AV Sync Tuning and a few added features with older fws with more testings.

Steps: Boot into TWRP from either the OTG cable or through an ADB command by enabling ADB debugging in My Fire TV, Developer Options. After booting into TWRP, make sure to wipe system, dalvik, and cache before flashing but before doing any of that take a backup of the system image, vendor image, boot and finally your data. After restoring remember Amazon will automatically have a verification to sign you in again because of security reasons.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Debloated Rom For Fire TV Stick 4K (6.2.7.1 93/6.2.7.7)

Contributors
    Skel40
    ROM OS Version: 6.2.7.7 Debloated Rom. Based off the Stock Image of 6.2.7.1/93. 6.2.7.7 Pre-rooted Image.
    ROM Firmware Required: Any

Version Information
    6.2.7.7 Revised
    Debloated Latest Rom with 146 applications left out of the 171 installed with this new version found in /system/priv-app. The folder lists the removed files along with built in build.prop tweaks. (New) I moved the rom to MEGA for easier access. A little bit more packages have been added back for stability reasons. The package, com.amazon.tv.turnstile is the problem when pairing remotes so the issue is fixed!

6.2.7.1 93
    Debloated Rom with 126 applications in priv-app, same information as above. With Build.prop Tweaks and no boot animation on reboot. Read the Changelog in the 6.2.7.1 93 Rom below for more information in the Removed Files Folder.

Issues: Prime Video is still having problems downloading and installing an additional app after installing it from the Amazon Appstore. The incremental updates won't work on 6.2.7.1 93 because of attempting to update to 6.2.7.7
    Current Stable Version: Revised Version 1.1 6.2.7.7
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-04 (6.2.7.7 revised)
    Created 2020-04-18
    Last Updated 2021-01-04

Debloated Rom 6.2.7.1 93 with Removed Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bmZwmkyJw4e7Y9cjtiAfdr0KuQnA-CHK?usp=sharing

Debloated Rom 6.2.7.7 MEGA Revised 1.1

Changelog of 6.2.7.1 93

With this downgraded release of 6.2.7.1 93, expect a few problems with several packages that I've removed for a reason:

Changelog of the 6.2.7.1 93 Debloated Version (FTVLaunchX/Accessibility features are working)

The apps that aren't working is solely because of the missing "System Components" update

* Amazon FreeTime won't work
    * IMDB won't work (Use the Free section on the Fire TV Home UI for Free Movies/TV)
    * News won't work
    * Updating won't go through unless you choose to upgrade to the latest OS (Meaning it'll keep downloading 6.2.7.7 but will fail because of otacerts.zip being removed)
    * Build.prop Tweaks are added to this rom, use a computer to transfer the prop file if you choose not to have the tweaks yourself.(My post can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/general/fire-tv-stick-4k-tweaks-root-keyboard-t4064269)
    * Make a TWRP backup before flashing this rom of the following partitions: System Image, Boot, Data, and Vendor Image in case you want to go back however you want
    * Most of things if not many of the packages and files are gone for maximum storage as possible (Removed Files can be found on the OP of this page)
    * Please note that the mbcache.db file is a storage decreaser, use these commands for chmod 0 and make the file frozen with 0 MB

adb connect 192.168.x.x (change it to your IP)
    adb shell
    su
    rm mbcache.db*
    touch mbcache.db
    touch mbcache.db-shm
    touch mbcache.db-wal
    chmod 0 mbcache.db*
    ls-all

To re-enable
    adb connect 192.168.1.101 (change it to your IP)
    adb shell
    su
    rm mbcache.db*
    touch mbcache.db
    touch mbcache.db-shm
    touch mbcache.db-wal
    chmod 660 *.db
    chmod 600 *.db-*

* All three files are zeros. Reboot and you'll now see more increased storage.
    * Amazon Home will throw an error so enable Do Not Disturb in Settings
    * Magisk is pre-installed, and the System is in RW mode.
    * The Setup Wizard SHOULD go through no matter what. No need to worry about being stuck

Changelog of 6.2.7.7 Revised

* Magisk is pre-installed, and the System is also in RW mode.
    *Priv-app, app, and media have been modified for debloating with a list of every file I've removed and being able to download the removed files as an apk without unzipping.
    *Added Build tweaks except for the no boot animation
    *Added packages back for stability
    I know it's been awhile since I've uploaded 2 debloated roms. If you want, sometime next week I'll look into 6.2.7.1 with updated features and maybe the new UI from 6.2.8.0?
    Wouldn't it be awesome if someone would make an actual tutorial for how to flash this as in, what are the required steps to install? Oh, my apologies, this question has been asked twice before in this thread alone, hidden in amongst the clique that know how to but dont seem to care about anyone else... Any chance of a proper tutorial for how to install this instead of links to other thread's that are not in fact relevant to the latest update, currently 6.2.7.1, for as I've read in other threads regarding earlier firmwares for the 4k, system priv-app no longer exists, and While I'm writing, I'd advise NOT to install the MM.2.2 zip on the latest 4k, because whoever made that made it using older files, and once this file is flashed to latest device, magisk can no longer be installed, due to incompatible zip. Once you get this, magisk cannot be re-installed, the rooted image can be flashed, but NOT magisk.

I'm well up for testing this, but as two others have pointed out, and asked, is it safe to install, and can we have an install procedure that does not break magisk in the latest 4k?

I updated the rom today so no need to worry about TWRP backups anymore. All you have to do now is download the zip like an ordinary TWRP flashable zip and it'll go through the necessary steps to installing Magisk but unfortunately I looked everywhere online if there's a way to updating Magisk with the .sh file so it doesn't have it installed as 20.0. That's strange. I've avoided installing MM a long time ago.
    I updated the rom today so no need to worry about TWRP backups anymore. All you have to do now is download the zip like an ordinary TWRP flashable zip and it'll go through the necessary steps to installing Magisk but unfortunately I looked everywhere online if there's a way to updating Magisk with the .sh file so it doesn't have it installed as 20.0. That's strange. I've avoided installing MM a long time ago.

Great work, I love the rom. I'm using the backup you posted and it is very responsive. Can't wait to get home from the cabin and try this zip. I appreciate all you and others do for everyone.
    with APK Easy Tool.

Lines
    ??????? 》with NOP

------‐-----------'

in TWRP type:

Reboot

If it works, run.

----‐---------