• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fire TV Stick 4K (mantis) Debloated Rom 6.2.7.1 93/6.2.7.7 Revised

Which OS do you prefer to stay on with a debloated rom?

• 6.2.7.1 or below with FTVLaunchX and Accessibility

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • 6.2.7.3 and above without the two

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

darksavior

May 14, 2010
Los Angeles
These debloated roms don't work for long since an update can easily bloat it up again. Maybe a script to run from ssh if possible? I'm not familiar with creating one and I haven't checked the forum to see if one already exists.

hey ..Easiest way to debloat is to either use pm disable commands or a debloat tool from techdoctoruk. You can use this to get rid of most bloat without root. Or...If you have root you can use this as a stepping stone to browse the /system/priv-app/ folder to delete pesky apks using up space. This may have to be done each time you use fota and update your firmware but id say debloating is an easy thing to do with firetv devices.

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Do any of you want a fully debloated 6.2.8.1 with the older interface and patches from my other rom?

Or the same roms found here with the fota bypassed without having it force an update? You'll have to disable com.amazon.device.software.ota immediately so I'll try to manually patch the DeviceSoftwareOTA to prevent any type of disabling.

Hi @Skel40,
Do you mean get rid of that new launcher? it's fkin horrid if you ask me. I'm using an old firmware 6.2.7.3 and I have to keep updating the Webview and apps to keep them working. An example is stv player the TV guide won't update on this firmware somehow probably due to old /priv-app apks.

So. Yeah I wouldn't mind an old UI with newer/lesser /system/privapp stuff most of that folder is junk anyhow.

I'm in, it's a yes from me

Regards

Reactions: Skel40

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Hi @Skel40,
Do you mean get rid of that new launcher? it's fkin horrid if you ask me. I'm using an old firmware 6.2.7.3 and I have to keep updating the Webview and apps to keep them working. An example is stv player the TV guide won't update on this firmware somehow probably due to old /priv-app apks.

So. Yeah I wouldn't mind an old UI with newer/lesser /system/privapp stuff most of that folder is junk anyhow.

I'm in, it's a yes from me

Regards
Yep! I actually managed to downgrade the whole thing as well with the settings with the wifi icon and av sync tuning. It works exactly how it should before that new update.

Yep! I actually managed to downgrade the whole thing as well with the settings with the wifi icon and av sync tuning. It works exactly how it should before that new update.
If I remember correctly the latest update has done something to mantis remote on the new UI as well .

Each time (on my device) using the remote for a few seconds it would disconnect then a nag would appear stating no remote was connected.

I know you've been chipping away at a new lighter rom. This new launcher is no good a lot of telemetry within it.

Regards

SweenWolf

Mar 18, 2016
Paradise
Amazon Fire TV
If I remember correctly the latest update has done something to mantis remote on the new UI as well .

Each time (on my device) using the remote for a few seconds it would disconnect then a nag would appear stating no remote was connected.

I know you've been chipping away at a new lighter rom. This new launcher is no good a lot of telemetry within it.

Regards
Check com.amazon.autopairservice.

Reactions: Bertonumber1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Debloated Rom For The Fire TV Stick 4K 6.2.7.1 93/6.2.7.7 Revised

NOTE: Firmware versions after 6.2.7.7 will not work with this debloated rom. It's been a few months since I've updated this guide so be cautious with installing this. The latest fw implements an efuse to prevent downgrading so in the next few days or later I'm updating my debloated rom back to the TWRP backup because of the forced update. I'm currently trying to add AV Sync Tuning and a few added features with older fws with more testings.

Steps: Boot into TWRP from either the OTG cable or through an ADB command by enabling ADB debugging in My Fire TV, Developer Options. After booting into TWRP, make sure to wipe system, dalvik, and cache before flashing but before doing any of that take a backup of the system image, vendor image, boot and finally your data. After restoring remember Amazon will automatically have a verification to sign you in again because of security reasons.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Debloated Rom For Fire TV Stick 4K (6.2.7.1 93/6.2.7.7)

Contributors
    Skel40
    ROM OS Version: 6.2.7.7 Debloated Rom. Based off the Stock Image of 6.2.7.1/93. 6.2.7.7 Pre-rooted Image.
    ROM Firmware Required: Any

Version Information
    6.2.7.7 Revised
    Debloated Latest Rom with 146 applications left out of the 171 installed with this new version found in /system/priv-app. The folder lists the removed files along with built in build.prop tweaks. (New) I moved the rom to MEGA for easier access. A little bit more packages have been added back for stability reasons. The package, com.amazon.tv.turnstile is the problem when pairing remotes so the issue is fixed!

6.2.7.1 93
    Debloated Rom with 126 applications in priv-app, same information as above. With Build.prop Tweaks and no boot animation on reboot. Read the Changelog in the 6.2.7.1 93 Rom below for more information in the Removed Files Folder.

Issues: Prime Video is still having problems downloading and installing an additional app after installing it from the Amazon Appstore. The incremental updates won't work on 6.2.7.1 93 because of attempting to update to 6.2.7.7
    Current Stable Version: Revised Version 1.1 6.2.7.7
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-04 (6.2.7.7 revised)
    Created 2020-04-18
    Last Updated 2021-01-04

Debloated Rom 6.2.7.1 93 with Removed Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bmZwmkyJw4e7Y9cjtiAfdr0KuQnA-CHK?usp=sharing

Debloated Rom 6.2.7.7 MEGA Revised 1.1

Changelog of 6.2.7.1 93

With this downgraded release of 6.2.7.1 93, expect a few problems with several packages that I've removed for a reason:

Changelog of the 6.2.7.1 93 Debloated Version (FTVLaunchX/Accessibility features are working)

The apps that aren't working is solely because of the missing "System Components" update

* Amazon FreeTime won't work
    * IMDB won't work (Use the Free section on the Fire TV Home UI for Free Movies/TV)
    * News won't work
    * Updating won't go through unless you choose to upgrade to the latest OS (Meaning it'll keep downloading 6.2.7.7 but will fail because of otacerts.zip being removed)
    * Build.prop Tweaks are added to this rom, use a computer to transfer the prop file if you choose not to have the tweaks yourself.(My post can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/general/fire-tv-stick-4k-tweaks-root-keyboard-t4064269)
    * Make a TWRP backup before flashing this rom of the following partitions: System Image, Boot, Data, and Vendor Image in case you want to go back however you want
    * Most of things if not many of the packages and files are gone for maximum storage as possible (Removed Files can be found on the OP of this page)
    * Please note that the mbcache.db file is a storage decreaser, use these commands for chmod 0 and make the file frozen with 0 MB

adb connect 192.168.x.x (change it to your IP)
    adb shell
    su
    cd /data/data/com.amazon.tv.launcher/databases
    rm mbcache.db*
    touch mbcache.db
    touch mbcache.db-shm
    touch mbcache.db-wal
    chmod 0 mbcache.db*
    ls-all

To re-enable
    adb connect 192.168.1.101 (change it to your IP)
    adb shell
    su
    cd /data/data/com.amazon.tv.launcher/databases
    rm mbcache.db*
    touch mbcache.db
    touch mbcache.db-shm
    touch mbcache.db-wal
    chmod 660 *.db
    chmod 600 *.db-*

* All three files are zeros. Reboot and you'll now see more increased storage.
    * Amazon Home will throw an error so enable Do Not Disturb in Settings
    * Magisk is pre-installed, and the System is in RW mode.
    * The Setup Wizard SHOULD go through no matter what. No need to worry about being stuck

Changelog of 6.2.7.7 Revised

* Magisk is pre-installed, and the System is also in RW mode.
    *Priv-app, app, and media have been modified for debloating with a list of every file I've removed and being able to download the removed files as an apk without unzipping.
    *Added Build tweaks except for the no boot animation
    *Added packages back for stability
    I know it's been awhile since I've uploaded 2 debloated roms. If you want, sometime next week I'll look into 6.2.7.1 with updated features and maybe the new UI from 6.2.8.0?
    Wouldn't it be awesome if someone would make an actual tutorial for how to flash this as in, what are the required steps to install? Oh, my apologies, this question has been asked twice before in this thread alone, hidden in amongst the clique that know how to but dont seem to care about anyone else... Any chance of a proper tutorial for how to install this instead of links to other thread's that are not in fact relevant to the latest update, currently 6.2.7.1, for as I've read in other threads regarding earlier firmwares for the 4k, system priv-app no longer exists, and While I'm writing, I'd advise NOT to install the MM.2.2 zip on the latest 4k, because whoever made that made it using older files, and once this file is flashed to latest device, magisk can no longer be installed, due to incompatible zip. Once you get this, magisk cannot be re-installed, the rooted image can be flashed, but NOT magisk.

I'm well up for testing this, but as two others have pointed out, and asked, is it safe to install, and can we have an install procedure that does not break magisk in the latest 4k?

I updated the rom today so no need to worry about TWRP backups anymore. All you have to do now is download the zip like an ordinary TWRP flashable zip and it'll go through the necessary steps to installing Magisk but unfortunately I looked everywhere online if there's a way to updating Magisk with the .sh file so it doesn't have it installed as 20.0. That's strange. I've avoided installing MM a long time ago.
    I updated the rom today so no need to worry about TWRP backups anymore. All you have to do now is download the zip like an ordinary TWRP flashable zip and it'll go through the necessary steps to installing Magisk but unfortunately I looked everywhere online if there's a way to updating Magisk with the .sh file so it doesn't have it installed as 20.0. That's strange. I've avoided installing MM a long time ago.

Great work, I love the rom. I'm using the backup you posted and it is very responsive. Can't wait to get home from the cabin and try this zip. I appreciate all you and others do for everyone.
    Yes you must decompile com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk
    with APK Easy Tool.

!!!!! For Sure save a backup of this file !!!!
    and customize NativePageProvider.smali file
    Replace the Update command like

Lines
    ??????? 》with NOP

example attached , decompile it and compare the file to understand how it works

than compile with APK Easy Tool and replace the file over twrp.

------‐-----------'

Easy way delete com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk over twrp.
    Pair remote with use of TV-CEC Remote.

An then do the Configuration.

But then it is not possible to enable adb over the settings.

Can be done in twrp maybe.

in TWRP type:

echo -n 'mtp,adb' > /data/property/persist.sys.usb.config
    echo '' >> /system/build.prop
    echo '# Enable ADB' >> /system/build.prop
    echo 'persist.service.adb.enable=1' >> /system/build.prop
    echo 'persist.service.debuggable=1' >> /system/build.prop
    echo 'persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb' >> /system/build.prop

Reboot

Do it at your own Risk!!!!!

If it works, run.

adb shell settings put global setup_wizard_has_run 1
    adb shell settings put secure user_setup_complete 1
    adb shell settings put global device_provisioned 1

To set oobe succesfully run.

----‐---------

Own Risk you can try replace com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk with the attached file, run the Setup Wizard and After that copy back the backuped com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk to /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.oobe/com.amazon.tv.oobe.apk