Fire TV Stick 4K Max (kara) Firmware (7.2.8.5 diff)

Search This thread

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
As I referenced in the other post with the mantis device getting full.bin updates, I was only able to get the diff updates for kara

Lukatler

Jun 16, 2019
I have question, my Fire tv stick 4k max is bricked, it was unplugged during update and now doesn't give any signal on tv, no logo, nothing, I've tried to plug it into pc with usb and its detected as mtk 65xx preloader. I installed sp flash tool but I don't have scatter file to flash stock firmware. Do you know where I can find scatter file or if there is any other way to flash firmware. I only managed to find firmware in .bin format but cant flash it with sp flash tool.

Last edited:

sysrq0884

Jan 14, 2023
I have question, my Fire tv stick 4k max is bricked, it was unplugged during update and now doesn't give any signal on tv, no logo, nothing, I've tried to plug it into pc with usb and its detected as mtk 65xx preloader. I installed sp flash tool but I don't have scatter file to flash stock firmware. Do you know where I can find scatter file or if there is any other way to flash firmware. I only managed to find firmware in .bin format but cant flash it with sp flash tool.
who can help with installing new firmware or restoring the previous

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Right now there's no known way to flash the firmware over the bricked device. You'll need to be unlocked which there is no guide for that due to the encryptions of the system. Only time will tell when we do see an unlock guide which can allow you to flash the firmware.

Reactions: Lukatler

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
For any XDA users that have the (kara) device and hasn't updated to the latest firmware. Make sure the firmware (excluding the system components update) that's downloading isn't downloading fast or else it'll be under a diff update which isn't the full update and the command to run is adb logcat as soon as the update is downloading in the checking for updates screen. Report here to post the updated firmware and the URL is different compared to the one listed here.

Copy this and put it in front of the .bin link after the logcat.
Remember to enable adb debugging, adb connect ip/USB adb and allow the connection and type in adb devices. In case the update does download in full type in adb shell pm clear com.amazon.device.software.ota

I have two (kara) devices locked on 7.2.5.5/2444 and 7.2.5.5/2465 still and I'm getting the update to the 7.2.8.5 diff instead of the newer 7.6.1.4. Help is appreciated. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts