Fire tv stick and favi bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mouse=awesome

Search This thread

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
Have you tested the Keyboard on other bluetooth devices like a laptop, cell phone or tablet? Bluetooth has always been hit or miss.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

pvu1234

Dec 18, 2014
My FAVI works fine with every other Blue tooth devices except my Fire TV box. The Settings.apk detected the FAVI but the AFTV did not recognize the code when I entered it.

mortimer67

Nov 27, 2014
I purchased a mini bluetooth keyboard with touchpad from Amazon that works great. I can't post a link. New here and not enough posts.
The keyyboard is a QQ-Tech model lS11-BT05. I used the setting app and it found it with no problem and did not require a code. This was with the AFTV have not tested it with the stick yet.

Found another post of verifying this keyboard works on Fire stick

Last edited:

ddubz

Oct 12, 2013
cville
I bought fav after seeing this thread..but im not able to see it on settings screen.

It seems to work fine with my s3.
it worked fine with mine there is another settings apk on xda that you could try. My paired right away. I would send it back if it doesn't work. Hope you figure it out.

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
after a little trial and error, I got an iPazzport Apache BT Keyboard model KP-810-19BTT working. Bought on Amazon for $18.99. The unique feature with this was that it runs on AAA batteries and includes a BT controller dongle(not needed with the Firestick since it has a built in controller already).

took some trial and error to get it to pair. I verified that it was a working unit already by pairing to a cellphone successfully.

the voodoo I performed which may or may not help anyone else is that I toggled bluetooth off and on on the Firestick. to toggle back on, I had to use Wukong Romote via wifi and the mouse module to toggle back on(since toggling off will disable your Amazon physical remote). Amazon fire remote app did not work for some reason(could never focus on the on/off toggle).

My theory is that the Firestick isn;t actively searching for bluetooth devices and there is no way to make it except for either maybe rebooting/powering up the box/stick or doing what I did.

Also, after finding the device, make sure that your keyboard is also searching for a device to pair with(blue LED should be flashing rapidly). Not doing this, the dialog box for entering the code would disappear off the screen causing me frustration and puzzlement.

goodluck!

dbdoshi

Jul 23, 2014
The QQ-Tech IS11-BT05 works flawlessly on both FTV and Stick. It is small though and the buttons are a little tougher to push. The ON-OFF button is fragile as well. But it works very good, has back light (manual on-off) and auto-sleep after a min. It works on Bluetooth 3.0.

Amazon prime has it for around $24.

EDIT: Oops, saw the previous post. Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
That's okay, recommendations are good when dealing with an unknown like this. Our problem is that the AFS/AFTV doesn't officially support bluetooth keyboards and peripherals beyond the built in remote and some gamepads. But due to the hardworking users here willing to try and test the limits, we are pushing the boundaries of what the platform can do. I debated for a while what to buy and am helped by this forum.

Sent from a Freedompop HTC Evo 4G

dbdoshi

Jul 23, 2014
That actually bring me to a Q. Is there anything out there (KB and mouse combo) that has BOTH wireless and BT functionality? I searched a bit, and couldn't find anything.

tekweezle

Jun 20, 2012
Rf and bluetooth are different standards. Probably not going to find one that supports both. Actually I think bluetooth is superior but takes extra code to support. I also think Rf interferes with wireless network cards.

Sent from a Freedompop HTC Evo 4G

dbdoshi

Jul 23, 2014
Not sure what happened on my stick. The QQ won't connect. The stick could not even see the QQ after searching for devices in the bluetooth menu of the settings app. I had to factory reset the stick to get it work again. Tried uninstall/reinstall of the settings app. Tried turning off the bluetooth (and turned on using the FTV app on IPhone). Only the factory reset helped. Strange.

sierrabob

Sep 26, 2014
Aerb IBK-02

Just to let you guys know, the AERB IBK-02 Bluetooth keyboard does the job with the Fire TV Stick. Not only does it successfully pair with the stick, but it also pairs with Amazon Fire TV and Kindle HDX 7. Although I used the ADB connect sideloading method to install the settings apk (which allows Bluetooth pairing of the keyboard) from a PC to Fire TV, this method didn't work with the Fire TV Stick. However, after installing MoboRobo to my PC and connecting the Fire TV Stick USB cable to the PC, installation was a snap. I also installed the Firefox browser this way. Working well as I touch type this post without using the remote and just looking at the display, a 40 inch monitor.

Reactions: tarvoke

davec1234

May 22, 2010
Just to let you guys know, the AERB IBK-02 Bluetooth keyboard does the job with the Fire TV Stick. Not only does it successfully pair with the stick, but it also pairs with Amazon Fire TV and Kindle HDX 7. Although I used the ADB connect sideloading method to install the settings apk (which allows Bluetooth pairing of the keyboard) from a PC to Fire TV, this method didn't work with the Fire TV Stick. However, after installing MoboRobo to my PC and connecting the Fire TV Stick USB cable to the PC, installation was a snap. I also installed the Firefox browser this way. Working well as I touch type this post without using the remote and just looking at the display, a 40 inch monitor.
Can confirm, bought one myself.

Thanks

Reactions: tarvoke

mscroggi

Jan 21, 2010
That actually bring me to a Q. Is there anything out there (KB and mouse combo) that has BOTH wireless and BT functionality? I searched a bit, and couldn't find anything.

I ran across this one that supports both - http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wirelesss-Touchpad-Keyboard-Android/dp/B00JO80LUI

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I have an AFTV and AFTV Stick.. I have an IPAZZPort KP-810-10BTT keyboard. The keyboard paired instantly with the stick. but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to pair with the AFTV. Just like others have reported - it recognizes it.. and prompts for a passcode.. and sits there after I enter it on the keyboard. (both had the settings.apk pushed via adb etc.)

I saw in this thread that someone had some luck when toggling BT on and off and trying to pair.. Since toggling BT will disable the remote, I fired up the awesome 'Remote Mouse for Fire TV' app to do the toggling.. I discovered it isnt working on the AFTV either!.. I checked against the stick and it works perfectly.. I had to use a wireless 2.4G mini keyboard to do the BT toggling.. but I was never able to get past the passcode screen like before.

I worked around the issue by buying the 2.4G mini wireless keyboard, but it bothers me I cant get it to work.. For some reason the AFTV behaves differently. I have tried probably 30 times to get the AFTV to pair with no success...

Any other thoughts as to what can be done are welcome! I am out of ideas..

Reactions: dbdoshi

shutterslaps

Feb 6, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdoshi

I ran across this one that supports both - http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wirelesss-.../dp/B00JO80LUI

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I have an AFTV and AFTV Stick.. I have an IPAZZPort KP-810-10BTT keyboard. The keyboard paired instantly with the stick. but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to pair with the AFTV. Just like others have reported - it recognizes it.. and prompts for a passcode.. and sits there after I enter it on the keyboard. (both had the settings.apk pushed via adb etc.)

I saw in this thread that someone had some luck when toggling BT on and off and trying to pair.. Since toggling BT will disable the remote, I fired up the awesome 'Remote Mouse for Fire TV' app to do the toggling.. I discovered it isnt working on the AFTV either!.. I checked against the stick and it works perfectly.. I had to use a wireless 2.4G mini keyboard to do the BT toggling.. but I was never able to get past the passcode screen like before.

I worked around the issue by buying the 2.4G mini wireless keyboard, but it bothers me I cant get it to work.. For some reason the AFTV behaves differently. I have tried probably 30 times to get the AFTV to pair with no success...

I couldn't get the iPazzPort KP-810-10BTT to connect as well, no matter what I tried. I tried the Rii as well, and it worked, however keys would constantly act as if they were jammed. I don't know if I just received a defective unit, but I would stay away from it.

After scouring Amazon, I came across the Favi Wireless Keyboard/Touchpad and that thing is perfect! I mean this thread is already about it, but here's a little bit more info. It has a solid feel to it, the keys are backlit, it has android hotkeys, the touchpad is much better than the Rii's, and it also has a laser pointer in case you have a cat. Oh and it comes with a bluetooth dongle and it automatically connects. No pairing needed.

Here's the exact one I got.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090BTY8Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

bildstoerung

Apr 11, 2013
Hi,
I use my old Logitech Dinovo Mini.

Works perfect and also the mouse pad is working very well. Sometimes it's a little bit tricky because some keys have more than one function but it is still ok.

Cheers!

bildstoerung

Ragingbull80

Apr 18, 2015
Fire TV stick

Got the Amazon fire stick the other day,download chrome browser,anyone own what's the best keyboard to use for clicking into web pages on chrome since the fire stick remote doesn't do that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my favi bluetooth keyboard and I used side loaded settings app to pair. It works great it has backlights and has android hot keys. i.e. home, back, and menu. The mouse pad works good for those apps that you can't navigate with remote very good. I highly recommend this i got mine refurbished for 25$ on amazon. Model # FE02BT-BL and here is link if interested.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00904PU7K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1418773729&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40
    Aerb IBK-02

Can confirm, bought one myself.

Thanks

I ran across this one that supports both - http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wirelesss-Touchpad-Keyboard-Android/dp/B00JO80LUI