• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fire TV Tank 5.2.8.2 OTA Zip

Search This thread

0815hoffi

Dec 22, 2019
Munich
github.com
Download:
Updated to 668700420

Fire TV Tank 5.2.8.2 OTA Zip 668700420.

1.png

Last edited:

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Ok, then I'll skip this update^^

I guess they want to drive us into the trade-in of all the older (unlocked) fire TV devices^^
They offer $3.00 for every tank, sloane, bueller and even the cube. Lol.
Thats a really awesome offer ;)
Someone here should make a new thread about this opportunity :p

Reactions: Pretoriano80

kjay7

Mar 1, 2019
For me it works good, but i have disabled the Amazon Launcher ;-)

Hello, I have a rooted fire stick (tank) with build 5.2.7.3. I too have disabled Amazon Launcher and replaced it with ATV launcher and Markus Firetools for settings.

Prime Video app used to work fine but since two days it is showing 'error code 8056' though the app version is matching to the one on the app store. More over it is forcing to update the OS. I tried clearing data, cache, updating the app through app store but it did not work.

Is it safe to update to 5.2.8.2 build through magisk to fix this error? Will it loose root access? Will it blow the efuse and lock the bootloader? I'm much worried about that. Pls clarify.

Edit: I have blocked and disabled the OTA updates as well. So it stays on 'Checking now' on the update screen.

0815hoffi

Dec 22, 2019
Munich
github.com
Enable ota Updates over ADB and you can pass the update Screen. Then disable it again.
Yes you have root if you have flashed magisk.
But there is anything changed from Amazon, you can delete System Files, but can not write to system "no space left".
I think Amazon dynamic resizes the System Partition, currently i have found no solution for that.....

Maybe @Sus_i have a idea for that.

kjay7

Mar 1, 2019
Can I allow ota access and let it update automatically to 5.2.8.2 or flash the zip manually through twrp? What's the correct way?

vel_tins

Jun 23, 2007
Bangkok
Prime Video app used to work fine but since two days it is showing 'error code 8056'
Same here.
Will try to disable updates completely somehow and check what happens than...
EDIT: has somebody tried to completely remove the updater APKs, instead of just disabling them?
Should be (tank):
Code:
com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2
com.amazon.device.software.ota"
com.amazon.device.software.ota.override

Last edited:

kjay7

Mar 1, 2019
Guys, here's the thing. I have wiped system, data, cache and installed 5.2.8.2 and magisk 20.4 through twrp. After the initial boot, did the basic setup. Noticed something weird with the prime video app. When I open the app or say 'open prime video' through alexa, it throughs the error code 8056 and says update required. Where as when I say 'search prime video' or 'search <movie>', the prime video app opens successfully and doesn't show any error! How can this be fixed?

BTW the build installed is 5.2.8.2 but on the update screen 5.2.8.0 is shown as new update!

0815hoffi

Dec 22, 2019
Munich
github.com
Guys, here's the thing. I have wiped system, data, cache and installed 5.2.8.2 and magisk 20.4 through twrp. After the initial boot, did the basic setup. Noticed something weird with the prime video app. When I open the app or say 'open prime video' through alexa, it throughs the error code 8056 and says update required. Where as when I say 'search prime video' or 'search <movie>', the prime video app opens successfully and doesn't show any error! How can this be fixed?

BTW the build installed is 5.2.8.2 but on the update screen 5.2.8.0 is shown as new update!
Make all Updaten and then disable OTA.

Maybe you must flash tz.img like the 4K Stick.

I have no Amazon Prime, so i can´t Test it.

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Remount works, same on TWRP "No space left on device"

I can delete but not write.
Maybe its a Problem with my Stick or Amazon has changed anything. ;-)

Just tried it from fireOS 5278 via adb shell and yeah, same here, no space left...

Edit: I thought maybe no free inodes, tried to run 'df -i' but no avail
Edit2: More than enough inodes free on system.

Last edited:

kjay7

Mar 1, 2019
Is it possible for you to upload 'Fire OS 5.2.8.0 (668694820)' ota zip file? Though 5.2.8.2 is installed on the device, it is fetching 5.2.80 from the amazon server as an update and prompting to install that version. Can't install that from Firestick UI, so I need the zip file.

Top Liked Posts