• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

FireKernel for MM & N ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nkay08

Feb 26, 2013
Same situation here. Using fire kernel release 8 with Resurrection remix 5.7.4 (mm 6.0.1) . It's working really fine, smooth, and easy on battery.

Quite impressed for the low battery consumption and the smoothness operation (intelliplug eco conservative; Governor lionfish; io fiops; GPU adreno max 310 MHz)

Besides, GPS is working better than fire kernel 6.1 (Google maps crashed in that release)

And also.. No overclock in r8.. Great :good:

It's a really great kernel, thanks so much to the dev :good:

Which version exactly is r8?

Currently I have installed version 6.1, but haven't used google maps for quite some time. But I use it sometimes so it might be worth for me using the version it works properly on.

gg2001

Nov 2, 2016
Buenos Aires
Which version exactly is r8?

Currently I have installed version 6.1, but haven't used google maps for quite some time. But I use it sometimes so it might be worth for me using the version it works properly on.

r8 is a build for nougat, but it's working fine in mm

I've been using r6.1 (last build for mm) till somebody here mentioned r8 worked fine on mm

r6.1 worked fine for me except those occasional crashes when using google maps along with GPS and mobile data (4g)

Last edited:

..::Matr!x::..

Jul 15, 2013
@FireLord
hi .. can you please revert back selinux to enforcing... 'cause due to this safetynet verification fails...
i've also tryed with selinux mode changer but every time your kernel it revert back to permissive....
tested this on xt1541 aosp ex 3.2 (nougat + magisk)

thanks

FireLord

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2014
Noida
firelord.github.io
Lenovo P2
Redmi K20 Pro
@FireLord
hi .. can you please revert back selinux to enforcing... 'cause due to this safetynet verification fails...
i've also tryed with selinux mode changer but every time your kernel it revert back to permissive....

thanks
Will make it switchable after exams I.e. 1st April or later

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

nkay08

Feb 26, 2013
@FireLord

thanks

I first thought you could set selinux to enforcing with an init.d, or su.d script, but since you are using Magisk i don't know if those are possible systemlessly.
But you can check out this thread.
They claim Magisk v11 can automatically hide permissive selinux. But if it doesn't the thread mentions a script for Magisk which automatically changes your selinux on boot.

..::Matr!x::..

Jul 15, 2013
I first thought you could set selinux to enforcing with an init.d, or su.d script, but since you are using Magisk i don't know if those are possible systemlessly.
But you can check out this thread.
They claim Magisk v11 can automatically hide permissive selinux. But if it doesn't the thread mentions a script for Magisk which automatically changes your selinux on boot.

oh thanks for help.... some one here suggest me that probably our device is incompatible for now to pseudo enforcing mode (or nougat isn't?).... waiting new update of magisk ...
also found that selinux mode changer doesn't work on 7.1 nougat ... it doesn't apply any change to selinux mode ... kernel adiutor mod it's the only that can switch between permissive or enforcing .... personally i don't need to set to permissive i prefer to stay to enforcing and i thougt this kernel was locked permanently to permissive ... i was wrog 'cause i've just used a wrong app to change selinux status ... :good:

FireLord

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2014
Noida
firelord.github.io
Lenovo P2
Redmi K20 Pro
oh thanks for help.... some one here suggest me that probably our device is incompatible for now to pseudo enforcing mode (or nougat isn't?).... waiting new update of magisk ...
also found that selinux mode changer doesn't work on 7.1 nougat ... it doesn't apply any change to selinux mode ... kernel adiutor mod it's the only that can switch between permissive or enforcing .... personally i don't need to set to permissive i prefer to stay to enforcing and i thougt this kernel was locked permanently to permissive ... i was wrog 'cause i've just used a wrong app to change selinux status ... :good:
Yes its locked. https://github.com/FireLord1/androi...mmit/783a0a2878c5bbc8c9b3e50e6303afe825268d8f

ill revert it when i get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/

Display---
    • Support for kCAL Colour Control (enhances Colour Vibrance and Intensity). (available as a Screen TAB in Kernel Adiutor).
    Support for HotPlugs---
    • AluCard
    • IntelliPlug
    • ThunderPlug
    • AutoSMP
    Support for Governors---
    • Conservative
    • Darkness
    • Interactive
    • OnDemand
    • Performance
    • PowerSave
    • zzMoove (It is advisable to not use any HotPlug when using zzMoove because it has HotPlugging feature in-built and thus it can create conflicts as well as unusual spikes in CPU usage).
    • SmartMax
    • Hyper
    • Wheatley
    • YankActive
    • AluCard
    • Impulse
    • Blu_active
    • Interactive_pro
    • Bioshock
    • Lionfish
    • Pegasusq
    • Intell
    • Barry allen
    • Authority
    • Smartmax
    • Electrodemand
    Support for I/O Schedulers---
    • FIOPS
    • BFQ v7r8 (Updated)
    • ROW
    • NOOP
    • DeadLine
    • CFQ
    • SIO
    • SIOPLUS
    • ZEN
    • VR
    • TRIPNDROID
    CPU---
    • Support for MSM Sleeper (allows for longer and aggressive Deep-Sleep to increase Battery-Life).
    • Fixed High-Load Average from UnInterruptible Waits (reduces CPU-Load even more in idle state).
    • Support for Fast-IDLING of CPU (should reduce Power-Consumption a lot).
    • Support for Power Efficient WorkQueue to reduce Power-Consumption (available in CPU tab of Kernel Adiutor).
    • Reduced CPU Average-Load drastically (Less CPU-Load=Cool Device=More Battery-Life).
    • Over Clocked to 1.88 GHz @nguyenquangduc2000
    GPU---
    • Support for Adreno IDLER algorithm (saves Battery a lot by lowering down the frequency to minimum when the GPU is idle).
    • Underclocked GPU to 19MHz so that when there is No Load, the GPU rests at 19MHz and not 200MHz (should improve Battery-Life significantly). (visible in CPU-Z app)
    • Overclocked to 720Mhz @nguyenquangduc2000
    Battery---
    • Support for ARCH_Power to reduce Power-Consumption and increase Battery-Life.
    • Support for the new PowerSuspend algorithm (improves Battery-Life).
    • Support for preventing unnecessary WakeLocks (improves Battery-Life). (available under the Misc. Tab of Kernel Adiutor)
    • Aggressive transition to Power-Collapse Suspend Mode (should improve Battery-Life significantly).
    • Support for switching to Deep Power-Down Mode for RAM when idle (should improve Battery-Life).
    • Support for Larch Power feature (should improve Battery-Life).
    Memory---
    • Support for Kernel SamePage Merging (KSM).
    • Support for Swap, FrontSwap, and zSwap techniques (improve performance significantly when zRAM is full).
    • Support for zRAM compression algorithm (improves performance by saving memory).
    Optimizations and Tweaks---
    • Insecured Boot.img
    • Disabled CRC-Check for upto 30% faster I/O.
    • Support for FRandom RNG Driver (upto 50x faster than the default one).
    • Compiled with UberTC 4.8.5 (Uber uses the latest of every component as well as increases the Battery-Life too).
    • Support for Dynamic-FSync (adjusts FSync according to usage resulting in a significant boost in the I/O performance).
    • Fixed the default value of SELinux to Permissive (allows certain apps such as Viper4Android to function properly).
    • Support for Touch-Boost and CPU-Boost.
    • Support for Vibration Intensity Control (available in Misc. TAB of Kernel Adiutor).
    • Lowest Possible CPU-Usage (a lot of tweaks have been implemented system-wide).
    • Reduced Kernel Log Buffer to minimum.
    • Optimized for Size using -0s Flag (should reduce the size of the kernel making it lighter).
    • Disabled Loading of all Symbols (should reduce the size of the kernel making it lighter and faster).
    • Disabled Debug-Info (should reduce the size of the kernel making it lighter).
    • Disabled generation of ELF Core-Dumps (should reduce the size of the kernel making it lighter).
    • Disabled SLUB Debugging Support (should reduce the size of the kernel making it lighter).
    • Support for a bunch of TCP-Congestion Algorithms (available in Misc. TAB of Adiutor).
    • Reduced Message Log-Level to Minimum.
    • Tweaked MSM-Thermal to improve Heat-Management of SoC.
    • Support for CRC-Toggle (Disabled by Default in Misc. TAB).
    • Optimized task_sched_runtime for upto 20% increase in Performance.
    • Optimizations to reduce WakeLocks.
    • Optimized Console FrameBuffer for upto 70% increase in Performance.
    • Optimized Integer SQRT. for upto 3x faster operation.
    • Optimized Task-Search for upto 6% increase in Performance.
    • Reduced RQ Lock-Contention for upto 0.7% increase in Performance.
    • USB fast charge
    • Sound control thanks to @psndna88
    • NTFS support (tested by @Forever Alone ( pd formated in NTFS not sure if this works for HDD storage too )
    Thanks to all all who committed changes at cm git and thanks to @zeeshanhussain12 for flashable zip :D

Install
    • Copy the zip to your external or internal memory
    • Boot to twrp
    • Select the zip.
    • Reboot to system
    MM
    Download-- osprey

N
    Download-- osprey
    Download-- merlin

XDA:DevDB Information
    FireKernel for MM & N ROMs, Kernel for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    FireLord, nguyenquangduc2000, Shoaib05, squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/FireLord1/android_kernel_motorola_msm8916/commits/FireKernel-mm

Kernel Special Features: hell features, kernel for battery

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-18
    Beta Release Date: 2016-06-19

Created 2016-06-19
    Last Updated 2017-06-22
    Closing this thread.. I don't own Moto g3 anymore so I can't work on this kernel anymore or for any moto8916 (except Merlin but that's only for los)
    Review by me

Battery
    So far i used this kernel on AICP and highest battery i got was 7hrs from 100% (now battery depends on your usage, i dont play games).

Performance
    It is smooth according to me. YES there is random lags because its basically focus on battery so CPU starts late if you just unlocked your device.. It takes about 1 min to stale down.

Features
    DT2W works for as far i tested and used.. No freeze just dont tick apply on boot

Which setup you use?
    1. GOV -- Impulse or darkness for normal use and hyper for heavy work
    2. I/O -- FIOPS
    3. HotPlug -- IntelliPlug
    4. Screen off Single core

ALL ABOUT GOV/IO ETC
    a7f85adea5db59e6e46ca6bd10a8fd0b.jpg

f8de6013c3c5349a0380e1451945608c.jpg
    I'm still excited to try the new fire kernel
    :good:
    :) 3 exams left then I'll be back with full free time to mess up with codes ;)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk