Firestick Lite (Sheldon) 7.2.2.3/7.2.2.8 Launcher Replacement and Debloat (No Root)

Search This thread

richie19rich77

Oct 10, 2005
Hello.

I have a Fire TV Stick Lite running 7.2.2.8.

Gone through the post and applied the "Debloat the Lite of Unnecessary Sh*te", installed all the apks. I went with Wolf 0.1.7 as the launcher.

When running FTVLaunchX I had to run the below two lines first and then perform the permissions.

settings put secure enabled_accessibility_services de.codefaktor.ftvlaunchx/de.codefaktor.ftvlaunchx.HomeService
settings put secure accessibility_enabled 1

The original Amazon launcher still loads first and then Wolf kicks in. I can still access the Amazon launcher by pressing the home key. Also there doesn't seem to be that much change on the main Amazon launcher if any at all.

Am I missing something? Or was I expecting too much?

***** UPDATE

I have tried "Launcher Manager (FireOS 6 & 7)_1.0.2" instead of LaunchX and this seems to work fine for me. Boots straight into Wolf and the Home button also links to Wolf.

Thanks

Last edited:

maisomenos

Jan 20, 2021
Hello.

After the full debloat I noticed that I wasn't able to connect to the fire stick from my phone with app like you tube and prime video. The phone was just hanging on "connecting to fire stick" when clicking on the "cast" button. After a few attempts I found out that the service "com.amazon.avod" was responsable for making the connection possible from phone. When I enabled it back it started working as normal.

Reactions: Bertonumber1

brezzz

Dec 21, 2010
Still running a version of 7228 but this must have been patched now, just get loads of Java exceptions when trying to do anything

Still running a version of 7228 but this must have been patched now, just get loads of Java exceptions when trying to do anything
Should be working fine ... If you're using remote adb shell try pasting in smaller groups of the disable commands.

I noticed it tends to produce errors and crashes the remote adb app when pasting large clusters or the whole list of commands.

I just used it today on a Lite edition Firestick 2020 running 7.2.2.8 new UI.
I kanged @0815hoffi 😜hardwork 👍as some people I know were asking for a debloat AND Custom Launcher guide.... I just copied and pasted hoffis scripts minus the (adb shell part)
E.G "pm disable-user --user 0 *****"

Regards

Edit : OP updated...double tested again on two different models Lite and Newer FTVS-2021

Last edited:
Reactions: 0815hoffi

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
Delete Thread.... OBSOLETE TUTORIAL ( No good to anyone now running latest firmwares)
well you usually don't delete something ! you can just ADD a note " with latest firmware is not working " .. by doing what you did " obsolete .. " " delete " .. you just created more confusion !

EVERYTHING become obsolete.. if you are worried about it just add a note

well you usually don't delete something ! you can just ADD a note " with latest firmware is not working " .. by doing what you did " obsolete .. " " delete " .. you just created more confusion !

Not that i need to explain myself however i will in this case.

Firstly, due to the amount of people notifying me this was not working on newer fota update i had no choice but to remove it and prevent error.

Secondly, i wrote the post and decided it was best to delete it for the time being because... It was my post.

And finally.. The adb commands given in the first post do not work on any newer ota past 7.2.2.8 due to amazon telemetry within the ui/ launcher... so... until i have time to add my new tutorial for debloating/launcher replacement the post remains as is to prevent user error and screwed devices.

"simply adding a note" is a dumb idea as people being people would still attempt the commands on newer fireos... And who gets the stick for that when it goes wrong? Not you... Me.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: simika

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV

Firstly, due to the amount of people notifying me this was not working on newer fota update i had no choice but to remove it and prevent error.

Secondly, i wrote the post and decided it was best to delete it for the time being because... It was my post.

And finally.. The adb commands given in the first post do not work on any newer ota past 7.2.2.8 due to amazon telemetry within the ui/ launcher... so... until i have time to add my new tutorial for debloating/launcher replacement the post remains as is to prevent user error and screwed devices.

"simply adding a note" is a dumb idea as people being people would still attempt the commands on newer fireos... And who gets the stick for that when it goes wrong? Not you... Me.

Regards
for sure you got your reason ( unless you would have gone out of your mind lol )
i'm just saying that is better to edit the original post and write NOT WORKIN ON LATEST FIRMWARE ( or after 7.2.2.8) than if people are not able to read the post well they should learn !
✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻

Reactions: Bertonumber1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Delete... Now obsolete on current OS
    I now have it running like a dream with Wolf 0.1.7, looks really nice just how I would want it from stock. Thanks for your help.
    Hello.

After the full debloat I noticed that I wasn't able to connect to the fire stick from my phone with app like you tube and prime video. The phone was just hanging on "connecting to fire stick" when clicking on the "cast" button. After a few attempts I found out that the service "com.amazon.avod" was responsable for making the connection possible from phone. When I enabled it back it started working as normal.
    Should be working fine ... If you're using remote adb shell try pasting in smaller groups of the disable commands.

I noticed it tends to produce errors and crashes the remote adb app when pasting large clusters or the whole list of commands.

I just used it today on a Lite edition Firestick 2020 running 7.2.2.8 new UI.
    I kanged @0815hoffi 😜hardwork 👍as some people I know were asking for a debloat AND Custom Launcher guide.... I just copied and pasted hoffis scripts minus the (adb shell part)
    E.G "pm disable-user --user 0 *****"

Regards

Edit : OP updated...double tested again on two different models Lite and Newer FTVS-2021

Regards