FireTV 1 (bueller) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.3_r1]

Search This thread

nilisco

Jul 3, 2007
Seems like you don't know who I am. I'm a certain someone who deals with Pandora. Google me.

This made me laugh. Gamer765, internet badass, totally well known.

Any news on updates to the prerooted stock images? I'm assuming there are patches/fixes even if nothing is in the changelog, or has someone actually diffed the binaries and discovered nothing has really changed?

Appreciate the hard work.

Skater4599

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks rbox! Does your xposed module v1.3 still work on this update to hide menu items and use Kodi as the launcher?

~Craig~

Jun 23, 2014
Thanks for posting 51.1.5.0, Quick question to anybody who knows.
Now that this includes USB support do we need Stickmount anymore? Do I need to uninstall it before updating?

I have heard that it only supports FAT32 which is no good (4GB file limit) so I guess I have kinda answered my own question in that I still need Stickmount as my drive is NTFS :eek:
Basically what I should ask I guess is can we have this pre-rooted version (which has USB support) and still have Stickmount installed?

Thanks
Craig

goes_like_hell

Dec 29, 2011
munich
@rbox: Thanks for your doings ! Great job !!!

I have here an fully rooted firetv with rbox-boot-menue and i want to update to 2820
Do i have to block updates after updating like that "pm disable com.amazon.dcp " and is this permanent ?
Sorry for that kind of newbie-questions.

regards

goes like hell

will4958

Jun 13, 2008
Installing new update

For those of us who applied the MountDataToUSB option, do we need to apply the revert flash before updating to the newest update? Also, do we flash this in Recovery? I know this may sound like a noob question, but just wanted to be sure.

Skater4599

Sep 4, 2010
@Goes like hell - Yes you will want to disable the dcp after upgrading to this just like all the others, also you will need to reinstall xposed framework as rbox has stated before. While custom recovery provides a failsafe even if you don't disable dcp it will download and try to update which is just a waste.

For those of us who applied the MountDataToUSB option, do we need to apply the revert flash before updating to the newest update? Also, do we flash this in Recovery? I know this may sound like a noob question, but just wanted to be sure.

I've never used MountDatToUSB option, but I think it would be up to you keeping in mind amazon's official USB support only supports 128GB max of FAT32 ONLY, is this enough for you?
Yes this is flashed in recovery, make sure and read the OP and second post providing amazing guides by AFTVNews. Everything you need to know is there! :D rbox and AFTVNews are awesome like that!

will4958

Jun 13, 2008
@Goes like hell - Yes you will want to disable the dcp after upgrading to this just like all the others, also you will need to reinstall xposed framework as rbox has stated before. While custom recovery provides a failsafe even if you don't disable dcp it will download and try to update which is just a waste.

I've never used MountDatToUSB option, but I think it would be up to you keeping in mind amazon's official USB support only supports 128GB max of FAT32 ONLY, is this enough for you?
Yes this is flashed in recovery, make sure and read the OP and second post providing amazing guides by AFTVNews. Everything you need to know is there! :D rbox and AFTVNews are awesome like that!

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, I'm using an 80 gig drive with a 50 gig ext4 partition, and one at around 30 gigs or so, so the 128 gig limit wouldn't be a problem. I'm only using the drive for any games I download. I think I read this new update uses the FAT32 file system, so I could just make a backup of my apps and reformat the drive to a FAT32. I'm familiar with flashing new ROMs in recovery mode, done it more than a few times on every Android phone I've had, but I'll ask the user who posted the tools for those who didn't want to wait for Amazon to unlock the USB port what he thinks is best as far as removing the MountDataToUSB and other such flashables. Thanks again for the help.

drumst1x

Jun 14, 2013
First, thanks for the update, @rbox! Your hard work and speed with updates are much appreciated, as always.

Thanks for posting 51.1.5.0, Quick question to anybody who knows.
Now that this includes USB support do we need Stickmount anymore? Do I need to uninstall it before updating?

I have heard that it only supports FAT32 which is no good (4GB file limit) so I guess I have kinda answered my own question in that I still need Stickmount as my drive is NTFS :eek:
Basically what I should ask I guess is can we have this pre-rooted version (which has USB support) and still have Stickmount installed?

Thanks
Craig

Next, I want to second this question. I'm in the same situation, have a 2 TB ext HD formatted to NTFS containing files > 4GB (HD movies). Does anyone know if stickmount still works after this update? Not sure why it wouldn't but would like some confirmation.

Thanks! :)

Skater4599

Sep 4, 2010
I have plugged in a 2tb drive and all seems to be working.

This is good to know, thanks for the usefull info!

I am going to install this tonight on one of my rooted FTV's. Stickmount is something im curious about also, I can't imagine why it would not work still also but who knows right? I'll report back if someone hasnt already later.
I'm also looking into rbox's xposed module, I want to know if the long press home menu to sleep/mirror/etc is overwritten with the xposed module.

will4958

Jun 13, 2008
Got a question I should've asked ealier... with this new update and its ability to let us use external storage devices, does it give you the option as to where you want to download an app, more or less similar to Windows? Has anyone tried to mirror a non-Fire HD Android device with the new update, and if so does it work? And lastly, has anyone confirmed that side-loading apps no longer works with the new update?

dbaseii

Jul 8, 2007
Got a question I should've asked ealier... with this new update and its ability to let us use external storage devices, does it give you the option as to where you want to download an app, more or less similar to Windows? Has anyone tried to mirror a non-Fire HD Android device with the new update, and if so does it work? And lastly, has anyone confirmed that side-loading apps no longer works with the new update?

I can confirm that side loading still works. Apk's can also be loaded from external drive.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
Would love to have newest pre-rooted but I am afraid I can brick another FTV lol.

Skater4599

Sep 4, 2010
From what I've read here, it does give you the option where you want to download the app to internal or USB, it also has the option to move to USB storage, similar to android phones and move to sd card option. Mirroring seems to be hit or miss on the older updates, it worked once for me then failed 95% of the time after that (This is my personal experience, YMMV), there were also bugs with windows 8.1 miracast that have been confirmed to be working, but the best bet is to just test.
Sideloading works 100%, its been confirmed

Feb 26, 2014
@rbox list of changes from stock fw

hi @rbox would it be possible to get a list of changes that you perform to the stock 51.1.5.0 to get this prerooted rom. I ask this to understand specifically do you have to recompile the kernel from the available amazon source or do you use stock kernel but just patch protections and/or inject the su stuff. Or if you use stock kernels from an earlier version of rom and if this the case, does using an earlier kernel results in loosing some of the kernel layer enhancements like improved graphics, performance and so on.

Thanks in advance.

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
hi @rbox would it be possible to get a list of changes that you perform to the stock 51.1.5.0 to get this prerooted rom. I ask this to understand specifically do you have to recompile the kernel from the available amazon source or do you use stock kernel but just patch protections and/or inject the su stuff. Or if you use stock kernels from an earlier version of rom and if this the case, does using an earlier kernel results in loosing some of the kernel layer enhancements like improved graphics, performance and so on.

Thanks in advance.

I use the stock kernel but unpack, remove the fuse stuff, and repack it. As for the ROM itself, I remove all the firmware and the recovery patching stuff.

Top Liked Posts