• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

FireTV 2 (sloane) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.6_r1]

Search This thread

First_Degree

Jun 20, 2017

Been a while since I've updated the ol FTV 2.

Seeing this other thread, and have a couple questions:

-Is rbox no longer doing pre-rooted images for sloane (looks like no activity since late Dec on XDA)?
-Is there something with the 5.2.7.7 update which impacted the ability to "pre-root"?

Just trying to catch up and appreciate all the effort from rbox and others in this thread over the years! Thank u!!

Reactions: Han-Droid

jaydee 77

May 27, 2011
-Is rbox no longer doing pre-rooted images for sloane (looks like no activity since late Dec on XDA)?
rbox is still active from time to time and is giving us prerooted ROMs for our old FireTV Box 2 (sloane).

-Is there something with the 5.2.7.7 update which impacted the ability to "pre-root"?
rbox wasn't able to catch the 5.2.7.7 update. See this post from rbox.

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
How did you root with magisk? I thought the bootloader had to be unlocked to use magisk or you would brick the device.

You're right...
Here is the unlock:

Yeahmään

Sep 22, 2014
hi is there a working link? would be great

update: found https://d1s31zyz7dcc2d.cloudfront.n...indle-full_sloane-36.6.3.0_user_630508620.bin

Hey @Yeahmään
You can do it this way if you want to it's not difficult. (y)

Download 5.2.7.3 (This is bin before Big A started breaking custom Launchers so you may want to disable ota?)

Send the FULL 5.2.7.3 zip (rename from bin to zip) to your sloane /sdcard (adb push or direct download)

Now you want to boot into TWRP and Do a full wipe, then install 5.2.7.3. It will just install as an update.

You may have to Factory reset again but you should boot into full stock afterwards.

HbbS

Nov 12, 2013
I have updated to the latest rbox firmware. But I'm getting an annoying issue.

When I try to launch an app using the "Show all apps' I'm only getting an empty 'your apps & channels" and a loading icon.

Does anyone here knows how to fix this?:

stillwater77

Mar 28, 2021
Warning: I flashed 5.2.7.7 stock from here over prerooted 5.2.7.6_r1 in TWRP which bricked my device. Had to go through unbrick procedure involving opening the device and shorting some pins.

Reactions: jaydee 77

ottoguy

Nov 21, 2016
I'm on the pre-rooted 5.2.7.6 using TWRP. I still get pop-ups saying it will update soon and you have 60 seconds to press ignore. If I don't ignore it reboots into a boot loop until I unplug it.

I've tried disabling com.amazon.device.software.ota from an su adb shell and it gives a java error "
Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: attempt to change component state from pid=10114, uid=2000, package uid=32013"

I've tried uninstalling com.amazon.device.software.ota.override and com.amazon.device.software.ota; it gives an error "Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]"

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to block the update popups and subsequenet reboot?

Reactions: Deelaroc

Top Liked Posts