FireTV 2 (sloane) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.6_r1]

Search This thread

Deelaroc

Oct 10, 2019
I'm on the pre-rooted 5.2.7.6 using TWRP. I still get pop-ups saying it will update soon and you have 60 seconds to press ignore. If I don't ignore it reboots into a boot loop until I unplug it.

I've tried disabling com.amazon.device.software.ota from an su adb shell and it gives a java error "
Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: attempt to change component state from pid=10114, uid=2000, package uid=32013"

I've tried uninstalling com.amazon.device.software.ota.override and com.amazon.device.software.ota; it gives an error "Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]"

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to block the update popups and subsequenet reboot?
Yes this is the exact same problem I’ve been having. The only way it fixes this is updating to a higher firmware I found, as I’ve had this problem before but was able to update it to the highest available firmware that was also rooted. And I’ve always installed rooted roms so the update feature should be already disabled.

I'm on the pre-rooted 5.2.7.6 using TWRP. I still get pop-ups saying it will update soon and you have 60 seconds to press ignore. If I don't ignore it reboots into a boot loop until I unplug it.

I've tried disabling com.amazon.device.software.ota from an su adb shell and it gives a java error "
Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: attempt to change component state from pid=10114, uid=2000, package uid=32013"

I've tried uninstalling com.amazon.device.software.ota.override and com.amazon.device.software.ota; it gives an error "Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]"

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to block the update popups and subsequenet reboot?
Hey there,
Are you rooted or unlocked and if so... What method are you using the old method or new unlock method on your Sloane?
Try using :
pm disable-user --user 0 <nameofamazonpackage>
OR
pm disable--user --user 1 <nameofamazonpackage>

I'm using 5.2.7.6 also and faced the problem you have.. I solved it with changing the commands around a little in remote adb shell.
Yes this is the exact same problem I’ve been having. The only way it fixes this is updating to a higher firmware I found, as I’ve had this problem before but was able to update it to the highest available firmware that was also rooted. And I’ve always installed rooted roms so the update feature should be already disabled.
Should be okay 5.2.7.6 is still a relatively new firmware.

Regards

Deelaroc

Oct 10, 2019
Hey there,
Are you rooted or unlocked and if so... What method are you using the old method or new unlock method on your Sloane?
Try using :
OR

I'm using 5.2.7.6 also and faced the problem you have.. I solved it with changing the commands around a little in remote adb shell.

Regards
Actually now I get this as of today 😂 All I’m trying to do is watch Prime as I have the membership. And yes it’s a rooted AFTV 2.
image.jpg

Actually now I get this as of today 😂 All I’m trying to do is watch Prime as I have the membership. And yes it’s a rooted AFTV 2.View attachment 5378749
This update error maybe the nag when it's not wanting to work with root but try this first :
Amazon Prime Update apk

If you have Magisk installed, Goto settings>magisk hide and select prime video before opening the prime app for the first time.
If you've already opened it then just clear the apps data and reboot.

As far as I know, amazon prime video will not work on a rooted device. I do not use prime but one of the other guys who know about it will be happy to advise you.

Due to these apps performing a root/bootloader check they won't function properly (some not at all)
Peacock TV and Netflix can be troublesome with root also.

The reason I asked what version of root, or if your unlocked is because magisk hide ( magisk manager apk) can sometimes get the apps to work (depending on firmware)

If you really want to use these apps properly you're best Installing them on a non-modified device.

Regards

Last edited:

Deelaroc

Oct 10, 2019
Hey there,
Try using :
OR

Regards
Actually now I get this as of today 😂 All I’m trying to do is watch Prime as I have the membership. View attachment 5378749
This update error maybe the nag when it's not wanting to work with root but try this first :
Amazon Prime Update apk

If you have Magisk installed, Goto settings>magisk hide and select prime video before opening the prime app for the first time.
If you've already opened it then just clear the apps data and reboot.

As far as I know, amazon prime video will not work on a rooted device. I do not use prime but one of the other guys who know about it will be happy to advise you.

Due to these apps performing a root/bootloader check they won't function properly (some not at all)
Peacock TV and Netflix can be troublesome with root also.

The reason I asked what version of root, or if your unlocked is because magisk hide ( magisk manager apk) can sometimes get the apps to work (depending on firmware)

If you really want to use these apps properly you're best Installing them on a non-modified device.

Regards
I don’t have magisk, I’ve had this rooted pre 5.05 also, so it’s rooted the old way and I’ve been updating the rbox roms ever since. Prime did work before, the only workaround I have is to start a prime video with another device and it will show up on most recent on the box. Then it will play.

I have been on RBOX 's pre rooted 5.2.6.6 since he released it a long time ago....and also started getting this same warning and boot, though I could just hit wait and the fire tv still works okay, but it will go thru the same if left unattended for awhile. I know that rbox blocked updates, but somehow it seems this one got thru to something to at least cause the error. It was also giving me a corrupted, but nothing is corrupted and it has been going on since the most recent update stuff got sent a month or so ago. I have recent tried to disable using the regular commands just the ota version of the update with su shell and the command seemed to work. Will see if it fixed the problem or not. Kinda surprised after a few years that something hidden in amazon seems to have leaked thru. Will update once i find out if that was all that was needed. The good news is that rbox rom didnt download the update or if it did, it didnt install it, but there have been many updates and nothing snuck thru in the past. And no I didnt factory reset, i know that can cause this to be renenabled.

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Is this device at end-of-life now? I haven't heard of any version updates here for a while. Mine continues to serve me well, albeit with the occasional glitch or performance issue.
If you unlock the box..:
you can just start flashing stock OTA files instead of waiting for an updated prerooted one...
5.2.8.0 is the latest stock rom.

Reactions: mwahahaa

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Hi pls share the procedure to root my fire TV box 5.2.8.0 Thanks
If it's really the second fireTV box called sloane (box with the sdcard slot), then this works for all firmware versions:

Han-Droid

Jun 23, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Redmi 9A
Am I understanding it right that 5.2.8.0 is not available (pre-rooted roms by rbox) unless your FTV2 is stock and unrooted? ...and to GET 5.2.8.0. you have to follow the procedure described in the unbrick-Threads??

Request: could someone else than RBOX be so nice and make a rooted 5.2.8.0 for the FTV2, please?

Am I understanding it right that 5.2.8.0 is not available (pre-rooted roms by rbox) unless your FTV2 is stock and unrooted? ...and to GET 5.2.8.0. you have to follow the procedure described in the unbrick-Threads??

Request: could someone else than RBOX be so nice and make a rooted 5.2.8.0 for the FTV2, please?
**provided you are already unlocked)
Its better to just grab a 5.2.8.0 update bin and rename it to .zip
Flash it then flash Magisk after it before rebooting.

Im using 5.2.7.4 as i dont like the new interface, i only update webview and appstore apks.
But i did have 5.2.8.0 on my sloane before resorting back.

**Edited **

Regards

Last edited:

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
No, the bootloader must be unlocked in order to use the stock rom together with systemless root (magisk).

You see, if your sloane box is rbox-prerooted (but bootloader locked), you need probably only a flash of the amonet-sloane zip from the unlock/unbrick thread (for unlocking), reboot into TWRP for a format data and a stock rom flash. In case you need the fireOS rooted, flash the latest magisk.zip too. Follow the unlock thread for details:

Since your box is supersu rooted, you can also use adb for unlocking if you like, take a look here:
P.S. This is the method I would prefer...

No, the bootloader must be unlocked in order to use the stock rom together with systemless root (magisk).

You see, if your sloane box is rbox-prerooted (but bootloader locked), you need probably only a flash of the amonet-sloane zip from the unlock/unbrick thread (for unlocking), reboot into TWRP for a format data and a stock rom flash. In case you need the fireOS rooted, flash the latest magisk.zip too. Follow the unlock thread for details:

Since your box is supersu rooted, you can also use adb for unlocking if you like, take a look here:
P.S. This is the method I would prefer...
I thought he were already unlocked 🙄

Reactions: Sus_i

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
well I get a "[email protected]:/ # " but "
To double check, you should now run the command: cat /proc/cmdline
If your bootloader is fully unlocked, you will see androidboot.unlocked_kernel=true among the printed text."

shows no such text...dunno then...

[Source: https://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-check-if-your-fire-tvs-bootloader-is-unlocked/
All sloane fireTVs (4k box with sdcard slot) coming from rbox prerooted are bootloader locked/supersu rooted and the twrp recovery runs from a ramdisk on system.

The new solution is bootloader unlocked/magisk rooted with a new TWRP flashed to the recovery partition (therefore we can flash stock roms and magisk without the need of updated prerooted roms. Thats probably the reason why rbox stopped developing his roms for sloane).

Give the third posting from the unlock thread a try... ;)

Reactions: Han-Droid

Han-Droid

Jun 23, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Redmi 9A
All sloane fireTVs (4k box with sdcard slot) coming from rbox prerooted are bootloader locked/supersu rooted and the twrp recovery runs from a ramdisk on system.

The new solution is bootloader unlocked/magisk rooted with a new TWRP flashed to the recovery partition (therefore we can flash stock roms and magisk without the need of updated prerooted roms. Thats probably the reason why rbox stopped developing his roms for sloane).

Give the third posting from the unlock thread a try... ;)
I see... thanks for clarifying this! Well, since I read "temporarily bricking the device", I prefer to stay at 5.2.7.6 unless a newer version is absolutely required. This all does NOT read like a "I'm gonna quickly flash the new rom to my ftv" ;-)

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
"temporarily bricking the device"
This is a very user friendly solution, don't be afraid ;)

Temp bricking mean that the preloader gets wiped, so the box will stuck in bootrom mode... Then you can run the bootrom script from amonet 'without opening the box and without any shorting'
The whole process gets a lot easier and faster, only an usb a-a cable is needed.

But the preloader gets only wiped if your images (preloader, LK and TZ) on the box are too new, i.e. updated via the stock recovery via OTA to 5.2.7.3 or newer. In this case the bootrom step is necessary because all these images and the rpm-block need a downgrade.

Anyways, since you box is prerooted long ago and since rbox never updated the TZ/LK/PL images in his sloane roms (they are not included, I just had a look into 5.2.7.3 and 5.2.7.6 prerooted), your box wont need a temp bricking (or an usb a-a cable) at all ;)

Reactions: Han-Droid

Top Liked Posts