FireTV 2 (sloane) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.6_r1]

Search This thread

Han-Droid

Jun 23, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Redmi 9A
This is a very user friendly solution, don't be afraid ;)

Temp bricking mean that the preloader gets wiped, so the box will stuck in bootrom mode... Then you can run the bootrom script from amonet 'without opening the box and without any shorting'
The whole process gets a lot easier and faster, only an usb a-a cable is needed.

But the preloader gets only wiped if your images (preloader, LK and TZ) on the box are too new, i.e. updated via the stock recovery via OTA to 5.2.7.3 or newer. In this case the bootrom step is necessary because all these images and the rpm-block need a downgrade.

Anyways, since you box is prerooted long ago and since rbox never updated the TZ/LK/PL images in his sloane roms (they are not included, I just had a look into 5.2.7.3 and 5.2.7.6 prerooted), your box wont need a temp bricking (or an usb a-a cable) at all ;)
thank you so much for your nice help! I am not in a rush and I won't risk to brick my box during the holidays. I will get into that in a couple of days :) I will probably write down a fool-proof step-by-step bullet-point list. Still not sure about those scripts...so...I might be asking you again, soon! haha!
merry x-mas or whatever you'll enjoy!

Reactions: Sus_i
thank you so much for your nice help! I am not in a rush and I won't risk to brick my box during the holidays. I will get into that in a couple of days :) I will probably write down a fool-proof step-by-step bullet-point list. Still not sure about those scripts...so...I might be asking you again, soon! haha!
merry x-mas or whatever you'll enjoy!
Nothing to worry about mate, half the works done given the fact you're already rooted. Just as @Sus_i says the temp bricking is all part of the magic.
As long as you follow the steps to the letter you'll be okay.
I've bought a few of these boxes for the house and each one is unlocked via this method.

Regards

Reactions: Han-Droid

teamfresno

Apr 14, 2015
I've been coming to this thread for the past year; only looking at the first page to see if there's an updated pre-rooted rom. I finally checked the last few pages a few days ago and saw that there was a method to unlock the boot loader since January of this year! Haha I've been on 5.2.7.6 pre-rooted. Finally took the dive and did it. It was pretty straight forward. Only had to ask about the swipe to allow modification as I have never seen that screen before. The longest part was reinstalling all my apps. Thanks @Bertonumber1 for helping me with my question on there(just figured out my pw for my actual account) and @Sus_i for hanging out around here also and helping.

I saw the new interface on the new version and didn't like it, so I just flashed stock 5.2.7.6 and magisk.

wadisnake

Dec 20, 2015
hey there, is there any easy way to update my sloane with latest rbox prerooted image ? i mean using shell ? i am pretty i used to update using adb/shell but can't find how it was done

thanks

hey there, is there any easy way to update my sloane with latest rbox prerooted image ? i mean using shell ? i am pretty i used to update using adb/shell but can't find how it was done

thanks
Yes if you have adb folder on pc you can enable USB debugging on sloane.

Connect a USB a to USB a cable and adb push the rooted rom to sloane /sdcard.

Reboot your sloane to recovery
Then open a cmd prompt on pc
type :
adb devices
You should see if you're connected to the device.

Then :

adb shell
twrp wipe system
twrp wipe cache
twrp wipe data (if you want to start fresh, if not forget this)
twrp install /sdcard/nameofyourrom.zip

twrp wipe dalvik
twrp wipe cache
reboot

OR you can place your firmware /magisk on a EXT memory card and use twrp to install it that way by selecting EXT storage during install.

Make sure to still wipe system and cache before flashing though.

Regards

fleisch80

Oct 29, 2015
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire
Try no root firewall .
Select start up option at boot , then go to apps , or add rules ,
Select same or similar Amazon ota and similar as you mentioned above ,
select block all from those sources.

There you go .
Go to settings and update , try updates .
Should completely block the box from calling home to Amazon assholes .

fleisch80

Oct 29, 2015
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire
Hi

Pls help me . I m using firetv2 having 5.2.8.0 os, pls guide me which ROM should I flash for getting root

most likely . you already need to open the box , and perform the unlock , flash method .
if root dont work thru software methods , then yes you need the hardware unlock method that flashes a recovery ,
then lets you install the o.s.

its a hardware chip exploit that you need linux to do it with.

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
So im new to the prerooted world. How do i uninstall supersu and replace it with magisk?
Instead of a supersu prerooted rom flash a stock rom, then magisk.
Works only if you did the unlock before...

mamcho

Feb 2, 2011
Instead of a supersu prerooted rom flash a stock rom, then magisk.
Works only if you did the unlock before...
Thanks for the advice. Where do i get stock images? And wont i lose rbox Recovery boot menu then? i like the ability to chose between twpr and fire os.

EDIT: Found ota full package in the unlock thread.

Last edited:

mamcho

Feb 2, 2011
Yesterday i did the unlock from scretch wiped everything and installed the stock Image 5.2.7.2 plus magisk 23.0. But the image wont boot. All i get is the white Amazon Logo. Tried diffent stock roms. Twpr still works tho. BL is still unlocked. Any ideas how to get out auf this? Is it a softbrick?

ps: sorry for the double post.

Edith: Hardware failure it was.

Last edited:

Hannover2k

Aug 1, 2017
Here are prerooted stock images for use with my recovery. Note that these contain addon.d support, so any 3rd party things you install to /system need an addon.d script to be retained between flashes.

Managing Stock Recovery
Starting with 5.0.5_r3, stock recovery gets disabled. This means you cannot reboot in to stock recovery manually or automatically because of a system update. This will make it safer for people who forget to disable updates. You should still disable updates though. If for whatever reason, you want to reenable it, or verify it is disabled, you can use the manage_recovery program. Under normal circumstances, you should never need to use manage_recovery.
  • Connect to adb and start a shell
  • Switch to root with su
  • Run manage_recovery (if you do not run su first, it will seem to run, but won't actually be able to do anything)
    Code:
    manage_recovery

There are 3 different scenarios that manage_recovery will detect and prompt for.

The first is when stock recovery is disabled, it will look like this:
Code:
Checking current stock recovery status... NOT STOCK
Checking for reason... DISABLED
Stock recovery is currently disabled,
Would you like to enable it?
Type 'yes' to enable it, anything else to quit.

The second is when a stock recovery is flashed that does not match the current system version:
Code:
Checking current stock recovery status... NOT STOCK
Checking for reason... WRONG VERSION
Would you like to disable stock recovery?
Type 'yes' to disable it, anything else to quit.

And finally, the third is when stock recovery is enabled and the correct version:
Code:
Checking current stock recovery status... STOCK
Would you like to disable stock recovery?
Type 'yes' to disable it, anything else to quit.

After changing the recovery status, you can run the program again to verify it changed.

WARNING: DO NOT FLASH 5.0.5.1 OR EARLIER IF YOU STARTED WITH VERSION 5.2.1.0 OR LATER

NOTE: If you were at 5.2.6.6 or below, you MUST flash 5.2.6.7 before going to 5.2.6.8 or later.

Changelog and Downloads:
Looks like a new image was released today. My non-rooted Sloane device just installed a software update. Are you going to be adding the new version to the list?

Top Liked Posts