• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

FireTV Stick 4K - Write permission on external storage

Search This thread

IceFreezer4K

Jul 30, 2019
Hi guys, really like the forum and the posts, big fan for many years so here comes my first post because I couldnt find any solution :)

FireTV Stick 2.gen can write on external storage, 3rd party apps dont need extra permission, but the FireTV Stick 4K does not give write permission.

I tried the same OTG cable and same USB drive with 64GB storage on both devices, but the 4K is not allowing apss to write on the drive.
The only app that has permission to write/delete from the USB Drive is a downloaded app from the Amazon store, for example TotalCmd.

Is there any way to grant permission to all or some apps without Root?

Thnx in advance for all replies! ;)

brownfox

Aug 9, 2008
You have to make a folder on your USB like "Android" after that you have rights to write into that folder a sub folder "Data" there you can write other folders for apps (used in example for kodi)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn POCOPHONE F1 met Tapatalk

IceFreezer4K

Jul 30, 2019
You have to make a folder on your USB like "Android" after that you have rights to write into that folder a sub folder "Data" there you can write other folders for apps (used in example for kodi)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn POCOPHONE F1 met Tapatalk

Thx for the reply, but I didnt manage to fix my problem with the suggested steps.

Installed "Advanced Download Manager" to work around the problem.... ;)

itsyaboy

Dec 25, 2012
Thx for the reply, but I didnt manage to fix my problem with the suggested steps.

Installed "Advanced Download Manager" to work around the problem.... ;)

how does the workaround work? What does it allow you to do? I wanted to get PopcornTime to work but since it needs to download the movie or show there isint enough internal space and it won’t write to external usb.. would this workaround work for this?

how does the workaround work? What does it allow you to do? I wanted to get PopcornTime to work but since it needs to download the movie or show there isint enough internal space and it won’t write to external usb.. would this workaround work for this?
Adm is the way forward with the 4k external storage situation, I use it on mine. It let's you choose internal or external (usb otg) if you look on techdoctoruk he has a Lite modded version.