Question Firmware & CSC quick question

Search This thread

AlmaMater

Sep 13, 2010
Greetings,

I have an SM-G998B/DS, which was bought closed carrier unlocked, but with a firmware from Vodafone (Comes with 3 Vodafone apps which are easy to uninstall). Also the Active CSC code = ATL.
I am from Spain, so I wanted to flash the firmware with the one which says PHE, thi sone in particular

File downloaded:
G998BXXS3AUHD_G998BOXM3AUHB_PHE.zip

Thing is that I flashed without issues, but I still see that Vodafone apps gets installed and in the Phone Info APP still says ATL
My understanding is that by flashing with PHE, the firmware would not be tied to any carrier in particular? And it should show as PHE in the phone INFO app?

Also, I always have seen the CSC blank, even before flashing, except for the "Active CSC". Is that normal?

Thanks in advance!

AlmaMater

Sep 13, 2010
Greetings,

I am attaching a screenshot.

Thanks!
Screenshot_20210912-200456_Settings.jpg

Greetings,

I have an SM-G998B/DS, which was bought closed carrier unlocked, but with a firmware from Vodafone (Comes with 3 Vodafone apps which are easy to uninstall). Also the Active CSC code = ATL.
I am from Spain, so I wanted to flash the firmware with the one which says PHE, thi sone in particular

File downloaded:
G998BXXS3AUHD_G998BOXM3AUHB_PHE.zip

Thing is that I flashed without issues, but I still see that Vodafone apps gets installed and in the Phone Info APP still says ATL
My understanding is that by flashing with PHE, the firmware would not be tied to any carrier in particular? And it should show as PHE in the phone INFO app?

Also, I always have seen the CSC blank, even before flashing, except for the "Active CSC". Is that normal?

Thanks in advance!
Hi

Changing the active CSC is not as easy as it use to be, before just flashing the correct firmware and booting the phone with the right SIM was enough

There are a couple of options using a dialer code , myself i used that method to change from GTO to PHE , I see you have the latest firmware I do not think they will work anymore , you can try if you want check here

If that does not work your only option without root is samkey ( pay)

AlmaMater

Sep 13, 2010
Thanks for the reply!

I think I will just leave as it is. I can survive with 3 additional apps which I can uninstall.

Thanks again