• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FIRMWARE] Firmware Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Search This thread

erazer14

May 31, 2019
Hey i got a question. It may be noob question
I'm on FW .059 and cusrom PE plus
-
what step should i do to update FW?
will it be affecting my cusrom and reflash again?

Just download the version you want and install it using twrp

Installing stock android 10 based firmware will cause data decryption error (it means you won't be able to access you data or unlock your device) there is a fix though you can flash decrypt.zip to solve this issue but taking a backup is always a good habit.

Misimas2

Sep 28, 2018

Installing stock android 10 based firmware will cause data decryption error (it means you won't be able to access you data or unlock your device) there is a fix though you can flash decrypt.zip to solve this issue but taking a backup is always a good habit.

Should I flash the firmware orderly? Or i can skip?
So after i flash the firmware, i flash decrypt.zip? Will it be affecting current pe cusrom?

ThinkingTwice

Jun 18, 2020
Terrassa

Thank you for clarifying the matter, those of us who are not so familiar with roms, firmware and recoveries can really use a hand!

So to be clear, what you are saying is we can flash any of these firmware updates as a zip package directly from TWRP (the same way you would flash a custom rom?) and this would allow us to update to the latest firmware without having to revert to the stock rom?

In other words, the fact that I flash one of these firmware updates (say 084) whilst on LineageOS won't be an issue?

RanjanJain

Jul 22, 2012
084 is working fine

anyone else facing poor network and 4g connectivity issues in. 87 version of the srock OS

Not updated to 087 but using 084 with RR 8.6.0 to 8.6.2

AWESOME Network performance and even my VoWiFi started working fine for JIO and Voda.

Earlier was using 082 and 061 with Havoc different version but Network was a major issue. Phone used to loose VoLTE connectivity every now and then. When tried to switch to VoWiFI, phone signals lost completely.

Then switched to RR 8.6.0 and since then, its working fine. Particularly VoWiFi helped me a lot to stay connected indoors.

checksamir

Dec 15, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Sony Xperia XA1
Not updated to 087 but using 084 with RR 8.6.0 to 8.6.2

AWESOME Network performance and even my VoWiFi started working fine for JIO and Voda.

Earlier was using 082 and 061 with Havoc different version but Network was a major issue. Phone used to loose VoLTE connectivity every now and then. When tried to switch to VoWiFI, phone signals lost completely.

Then switched to RR 8.6.0 and since then, its working fine. Particularly VoWiFi helped me a lot to stay connected indoors.
I have recently updated to .87 and getting worst network reception on Airtel VoLTE 4g, call quality has deteriorated significantly.

Planning to downgrade to version .82. Current app data on phone is important for me, wondering if downgrading will cause erase/format data.

RanjanJain

Jul 22, 2012
I have recently updated to .87 and getting worst network reception on Airtel VoLTE 4g, call quality has deteriorated significantly.

Planning to downgrade to version .82. Current app data on phone is important for me, wondering if downgrading will cause erase/format data.

I have tried flashing 082 over 061 and it worked.

Try to take backup of important data first and then simply flash 082 without doing anything. After that flash delvik and cache.

Hopefully it should work.

olzge

Mar 23, 2019
Southwest
Thank you for clarifying the matter, those of us who are not so familiar with roms, firmware and recoveries can really use a hand!

So to be clear, what you are saying is we can flash any of these firmware updates as a zip package directly from TWRP (the same way you would flash a custom rom?) and this would allow us to update to the latest firmware without having to revert to the stock rom?

In other words, the fact that I flash one of these firmware updates (say 084) whilst on LineageOS won't be an issue?
I am about to update to 087 but I don't know how to do that exactly either. Can someone please explain? Do I have to do it via Fastboot and if yes, how? Or do I have to do it via TWRP in the same way I do it e.g. with a LineageOS-ROM? And if I do so, what will that do to my LineageOS 16 (Android 9) installation? To avoid errors, will I have to clean flash LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) directly afterwards without rebooting into system?
EDIT: Operating system on my computer is Linux. "Platform tools" are installed.

Last edited:

ThinkingTwice

Jun 18, 2020
Terrassa
I am about to update to 087 but I don't know how to do that exactly either. Can someone please explain? Do I have to do it via Fastboot and if yes, how? Or do I have to do it via TWRP in the same way I do it e.g. with a LineageOS-ROM? And if I do so, what will that do to my LineageOS 16 (Android 9) installation? To avoid errors, will I have to clean flash LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) directly afterwards without rebooting into system?

So from what I understood, you can update your firmware through this method which consists in flashing the zip file from your recovery (i.e. OrangeFox, TWRP). Having said this, I haven't tried this method nor do I think it is recommended because this falls under what people refer to as a "dirty flash" which can lead to all sorts of problems.

Instead, what I recommend is that you reinstall the stock Asus ROM first in fastboot mode (also referred to as fastboot firmware). In order to do so in Linux, you need to:

1. Download the fastboot firmware from here (I used 334).
  2. Extract the folder to your home directory and rename it without any spaces (I call it "stock").
  3. Make the flash_all.sh script executable (change to the directory of your file in the terminal and enter "chmod +x flash_all.sh"
  4. Connect your phone to the computer while in Fastboot mode (press power and volume up simultaneously). Make sure that your phone is being detected by entering "sudo fastboot devices", it should then show up on the terminal.
  5. Run the script (make sure you are in the directory of the script and enter "./flash_all.sh"). Wait for the script to complete itself on the terminal, it should take no more than a couple of minutes. (Warning: do not disconnect your phone before at least 10 minutes in case there is no response on the terminal. It happed to me once that the terminal was unresponsive but the script had actually flashed the stock firmware, and had I disconnected the phone just a couple minutes earlier might have been bricked.)
  6. Reboot to stock Android 8 (either version 334 or 337) and grab whichever firmware from the Asus support website. The easiest way to update your phone is by dropping the zip file in its root directory and wait for an update message to pop up.
  7. Finally, repeat the steps to unlock your bootloader once you are on your desired firmware version, and proceed to install a recovery (I recommend OrangeFox) and LOS17 following the OP instructions.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask if you need additional help! (I found it quite daunting the first time I went through the whole process)

Last edited:
Reactions: olzge

olzge

Mar 23, 2019
Southwest
Finally, repeat the steps to unlock your bootloader once you are on your desired firmware version, and proceed to install a recovery (I recommend OrangeFox) and LOS17 following the OP instructions.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask if you need additional help! (I found it quite daunting the first time I went through the whole process)
It's been quite a long time since your post and I must admit that up to this day I have been hesitating going through all these steps. However, now I think I want to do it. But I have got a few questions:
  1. If I want to unlock the bootloader again, will I have to use the ASUS Unlock tool?
  2. On the ASUS page there is a description for the latest firmware version where it says: "ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 Android 10 AOSP Software Image developer Version for JP SKU only SKU." Will this version work for my X00TD?
Thank you in advance.

olzge

Mar 23, 2019
Southwest
So from what I understood, you can update your firmware through this method which consists in flashing the zip file from your recovery (i.e. OrangeFox, TWRP). Having said this, I haven't tried this method nor do I think it is recommended because this falls under what people refer to as a "dirty flash" which can lead to all sorts of problems.

Instead, what I recommend is that you reinstall the stock Asus ROM first in fastboot mode (also referred to as fastboot firmware). In order to do so in Linux, you need to:

2. Extract the folder to your home directory and rename it without any spaces (I call it "stock").
  3. Make the flash_all.sh script executable (change to the directory of your file in the terminal and enter "chmod +x flash_all.sh"
  4. Connect your phone to the computer while in Fastboot mode (press power and volume up simultaneously). Make sure that your phone is being detected by entering "sudo fastboot devices", it should then show up on the terminal.
  5. Run the script (make sure you are in the directory of the script and enter "./flash_all.sh"). Wait for the script to complete itself on the terminal, it should take no more than a couple of minutes. (Warning: do not disconnect your phone before at least 10 minutes in case there is no response on the terminal. It happed to me once that the terminal was unresponsive but the script had actually flashed the stock firmware, and had I disconnected the phone just a couple minutes earlier might have been bricked.)
  6. Reboot to stock Android 8 (either version 334 or 337) and grab whichever firmware from the Asus support website. The easiest way to update your phone is by dropping the zip file in its root directory and wait for an update message to pop up.
  7. Finally, repeat the steps to unlock your bootloader once you are on your desired firmware version, and proceed to install a recovery (I recommend OrangeFox) and LOS17 following the OP instructions.

I finally have gone through all the steps from 1 to 6 and it worked like a charm.
However, now I cannot unlock the bootloader anymore. I tried it with the Unlock Tool 9.2.0.0_200807.apk
When the app reboots, I assume it should reboot into the unlocked bootloader. But it doesn't. It reboots to system and the bootloader remains unlocked.
Can anyone help?

hida.sw

Nov 13, 2017
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
My front camera flash is not working with 087 firmware. Anyone have same issue?
Screenshot_20210922-120619.png

hbolshoi

Dec 16, 2017
After flashing with different custom firmware, the imeil and serial number also disappeared, all this was restored, but now it does not work 3g and LTE

• Sad
Reactions: D0CT0RFATE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Perlu diingat ini bukan ROM, ini hanya firmware. yang biasanya dibutuhkan saat install cusrom, dengan ukuran kecil sekitar 60MB+
    Firmware 247 : unduh
    Firmware 318: unduh
    Firmware 340 : unduh
    Firmware 053 : unduh
    Firmware 055 : unduh
    Firmware 058 : unduh
    Firmware 060 : unduh
    Firmware 407 : unduh
    Firmware 061 : unduh
    Firmware 063 : unduh (Disarankan)
    Firmware 424 : download
    Firmware 082 : download
    Firmware 429 : download
    Firmware 084 : download
    Firmware 432 : download
    Firmware 087 : download

All firmware versions : here

Install
    you can install this firmware via twrp or other custom recovery. you don't need to wipe and it will not delete your data

where is firmware 438 global?