Firmware flash commands?

Search This thread

arkansawdave74

Nov 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
EDIT: Solved. This was a computer bug.

Hello. I have a Boost Mobile Moto G Fast. I got the RETUS firmware from here for saving my phone
https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/rav/official/RETUS/

The only fastboot command list I found doesn't work. Does anyone have the correct command list to flash this firmware? Also, do I need to be in fastbootd to flash it?
I can't reach fastbootd after installing twrp. 'fastboot reboot fastboot' now sends it to TWRP. Tia for any help!

Last edited:

cnoevl21

Feb 26, 2010
Update: I flashed the stock recovery on there and I can now get to fastbootd again, so whew!
can i ask you how you flashed stuff in fastbootd? when i try fastboot reboot fastboot i get that huge list of commands and it doesnt take me to fastbootd. But i can get to fastbootd thru recovery. But if i try to flash anything i get a 'failed. file not found' message. do you have to use different commands in fastbootd?
or the usual ones like, fastboot boot boot.img?

arkansawdave74

Nov 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
can i ask you how you flashed stuff in fastbootd? when i try fastboot reboot fastboot i get that huge list of commands and it doesnt take me to fastbootd. But i can get to fastbootd thru recovery. But if i try to flash anything i get a 'failed. file not found' message. do you have to use different commands in fastbootd?
or the usual ones like, fastboot boot boot.img?

Hello, @cnoevl21. So sorry I took so long to get back to you. I need to update my notification settings or something. After what happened to me in this thread, I believe that fastbootd resides in the stock recovery. If you are running TWRP as your recovery at the moment, I'd recommend moving to the directory of the extracted firmware files and running the single "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" command while your phone is in fastboot mode. After that try "fastboot reboot fastboot" again and see if it puts you into fastbootd. Please let me know if that works for you because that will help to confirm my suspicion. This is my first time seeing fastbootd as well, and I wondered the exact same thing. But no, you just run the same fastboot commands just as if you were in regular fastboot mode. Good luck and I hope it works. It did for me.

Last edited:

cnoevl21

Feb 26, 2010
Hello, @cnoevl21. So sorry I took so long to get back to you. I need to update my notification settings or something. After what happened to me in this thread, I believe that fastbootd resides in the stock recovery. If you are running TWRP as your recovery at the moment, I'd recommend moving to the directory of the extracted firmware files and running the single "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" command while your phone is in fastboot mode. After that try "fastboot reboot fastboot" again and see if it puts you into fastbootd. Please let me know if that works for you because that will help to confirm my suspicion. This is my first time seeing fastbootd as well, and I wondered the exact same thing. But no, you just run the same fastboot commands just as if you were in regular fastboot mode. Good luck and I hope it works. It did for me.

Thanks. I ended up flashing stock rom manually, and was able to get the phone working again just using regular fastboot.

PimpMy5Ton

Jul 23, 2015
EDIT: Solved. This was a computer bug.

Hello. I have a Boost Mobile Moto G Fast. I got the RETUS firmware from here for saving my phone
https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/rav/official/RETUS/

The only fastboot command list I found doesn't work. Does anyone have the correct command list to flash this firmware? Also, do I need to be in fastbootd to flash it?
I can't reach fastbootd after installing twrp. 'fastboot reboot fastboot' now sends it to TWRP. Tia for any help!
First of all you downloaded the wrong Stock firmware for the Boost Mobile version of that phone, Boost Mobile variant doesn't use RETUS Firmware, it uses the Boost firmware here: