[FIRMWARE] Flashable firmware / modem / baseband / RIL [OnePlus Nord] [avicii]

Search This thread

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010
Flashable firmware / modem / baseband / RIL only (no full ROM).

Basically, it's a set of firmware/modem/baseband/RIL extracted from the OxygenOS Full ROM update payload and packed into a custom recovery flashable ZIP. Useful for users of a custom ROM, since the firmware/modem/baseband/RIL is never updated in this case and thus becomes outdated. Those who use OxygenOS don't need this, since the firmware/modem/baseband/RIL is updated with every OTA.

Important
If you have a OnePlus Nord (avicii) AC01AA, AC01BA or AC01DA and a custom ROM installed, feel free to proceed. However, I recommend making a backup before and get the unbrick tool from here, just in case.

Downloads for the OnePlus Nord (avicii):

Flash it with LOS, TWRP, Orange Fox or any other custom recovery. It's not necessary to delete, wipe or format anything before or after installation.
Check the baseband version with: Settings → About phone → Android version → Baseband version
Baseband version after update: MPSS.HI.2.0.c9-00023-SAIPAN_GEN_PACK-1.422164.2.446371.2

Last Updated: 2022-04-17

Last edited:

vikd007

Jul 24, 2013
can u plz update latest beta 2 recovery & boot img, got stuck on latest oos12 beta when tried to flash custom recovery as no custom recovery for oos12 beta right now, thanks in advance

hermesjconrad

Apr 6, 2021
Thank you for your work!

I guess this maybe does not work with the LineageOS recovery? I tried to sideload using apply from ADB in the LineageOS recovery, but I keep getting the following error

"E3004: This package is for "OnePlus Nord" devices; this is a "".

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010
Thank you for your work!

I guess this maybe does not work with the LineageOS recovery? I tried to sideload using apply from ADB in the LineageOS recovery, but I keep getting the following error

"E3004: This package is for "OnePlus Nord" devices; this is a "".

I have included a safeguard so that these files cannot be accidentally installed on a device other than the Nord. But for some reason the LOS developers decided to name the device differently in LOS 17 recovery. In LOS 18 (or alternatively Orange Fox) recovery everything should work fine.
So I have removed this protection for now until an official LOS 18 or 19 is released. Download the appropriate package again and try to flash it again, it should now be able to be flashed with adb sideload.

hermesjconrad

Apr 6, 2021
Worked like a charm with the removed control, thank you very much Doc Sniper!

Straying slighty off-topic, would OrangeFox be the recovery that you'd recommend instead of LOS 17.1 default? Or rather TWRP?

Reactions: Doc Sniper

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010
can u plz update latest beta 2 recovery & boot img, got stuck on latest oos12 beta when tried to flash custom recovery as no custom recovery for oos12 beta right now, thanks in advance

Sorry, but I don't quite understand the problem? These packages update the firmware if you have a custom ROM installed. But since the OxygenOS Open Betas are official packages, they include the firmware anyway and these packages here are kind of useless for you.
But even if the packages were of use to you, neither the boot nor the recovery image is included.
I can offer to extract the two images so you can install them with fastboot flash, please send me the download link to the corresponding ROM and I'll see what I can do.

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010

Straying slighty off-topic, would OrangeFox be the recovery that you'd recommend instead of LOS 17.1 default? Or rather TWRP?

LOS recovery is totally OK if you only want to perform updates. But if you want to make backups and restore or want to get to the data partition, then it is no longer sufficient. Unfortunately there is still no official TWRP, so I use Orange Fox and it works great with the unofficial LOS 18, but you have to look in the Orange Fox thread there is a link to a newer version than the one in the opening post (see post 81 on page 5).

Reactions: hermesjconrad

vikd007

Jul 24, 2013
Sorry, but I don't quite understand the problem? These packages update the firmware if you have a custom ROM installed. But since the OxygenOS Open Betas are official packages, they include the firmware anyway and these packages here are kind of useless for you.
But even if the packages were of use to you, neither the boot nor the recovery image is included.
I can offer to extract the two images so you can install them with fastboot flash, please send me the download link to the corresponding ROM and I'll see what I can do.
thanks for prompt revert bro, i was on stock latest beta was trying to flash custom recovery but no custom recovery support oos 12 beta for so stuck on bootloop so asked for help if i can get latest boot and recovery img, but somehow a trick worked and finally on custom rom... thanks bro and appreciate ur work

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010
thanks for prompt revert bro, i was on stock latest beta was trying to flash custom recovery but no custom recovery support oos 12 beta for so stuck on bootloop so asked for help if i can get latest boot and recovery img, but somehow a trick worked and finally on custom rom... thanks bro and appreciate ur work

Good to hear your phone is working again. 😄
If you ever have a bootloop again because your recovery doesn't start, you can also start a recovery from the computer via fastboot.
In short: Download the recovery image to your computer. Then connect the phone with a usb-cable. Then start the phone in fastboot mode. Then upload and start the recovery from the computer with "fastboot boot name_of_recovery_image.img".

Reactions: vikd007

vikd007

Jul 24, 2013
If you ever have a bootloop again because your recovery doesn't start, you can also start a recovery from the computer via fastboot.
In short: Download the recovery image to your computer. Then connect the phone with a usb-cable. Then start the phone in fastboot mode. Then upload and start the recovery from the computer with "fastboot boot name_of_recovery_image.img".
problem was there is no recovery for oos beta 12 as of now and no latest boot image

andrei1015

Sep 19, 2011
Amsterdam
OnePlus Nord
Managed to bork my phone by trying to upgrade magisk, managed to unbork by changing boot slots with fastboot, really neat.
Wanted to say thank you for providing the latest update file. Didn't need it in particular, but cool to have it and know it is available!

• Love

grubber24

Feb 19, 2013
OnePlus Nord
I faced the same issue.. want to move on to a custom ROM but have 2 questions:

1. Does the phone loose Widevine L1 upon bootloader unlock on OOS12? I know i have to stop the phone from booting up after bootloader unlock and directly install the custom ROM, but i got stuck due to the recovery problem.

2. Does the custom ROM work good after this?

blorkraider

Dec 7, 2016
OnePlus Nord
Hi,

Thank you for your work.

Unfortunately, update with LOS recovery doesn't work (LOS 19.1 recovery).
It says "Signature verification failed, error 21".

I have Magisk installed if it means anything in this case.

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010
Unfortunately, update with LOS recovery doesn't work (LOS 19.1 recovery).
It says "Signature verification failed, error 21".

The ZIP files are not signed hence the message. But as far as I know, LOS-Recovery can also flash unsigned ZIPs. When the message appears, you can switch to yes with the volume buttons and then confirm with the power button. Then the ZIP should be installed.

Reactions: blorkraider

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashable firmware / modem / baseband / RIL only (no full ROM).

Basically, it's a set of firmware/modem/baseband/RIL extracted from the OxygenOS Full ROM update payload and packed into a custom recovery flashable ZIP. Useful for users of a custom ROM, since the firmware/modem/baseband/RIL is never updated in this case and thus becomes outdated. Those who use OxygenOS don't need this, since the firmware/modem/baseband/RIL is updated with every OTA.

Important
    If you have a OnePlus Nord (avicii) AC01AA, AC01BA or AC01DA and a custom ROM installed, feel free to proceed. However, I recommend making a backup before and get the unbrick tool from here, just in case.

Downloads for the OnePlus Nord (avicii):

Flash it with LOS, TWRP, Orange Fox or any other custom recovery. It's not necessary to delete, wipe or format anything before or after installation.
    Check the baseband version with: Settings → About phone → Android version → Baseband version
    Baseband version after update: MPSS.HI.2.0.c9-00023-SAIPAN_GEN_PACK-1.422164.2.446371.2

Last Updated: 2022-04-17

LOS recovery is totally OK if you only want to perform updates. But if you want to make backups and restore or want to get to the data partition, then it is no longer sufficient. Unfortunately there is still no official TWRP, so I use Orange Fox and it works great with the unofficial LOS 18, but you have to look in the Orange Fox thread there is a link to a newer version than the one in the opening post (see post 81 on page 5).