• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

What should the perfect carplay box look like or have?

• Floating Button

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • NavigationBar (with Autohide possibility)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Floating Button + NavigationBar (with Autohide possibility)

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Widgets

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Deleteable Icons

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Functioning Accessibility Service

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Root Accesss

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Better Audio Quality and no lags

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Recent Apps Button (for the CP)

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Possibilty to Autoupdate Firmware

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

cry233

Jul 31, 2021
Hi all,
My QM8888 has the 2021-06-26 firmware and it runs fine.
But after finish installing the 2021-07-26 firmware, the headunit did not recognize it as a 'carplay' device.
I reinstalled the 2021-06-26 firmware again and the headunit recognize it.
Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

New 07-31-2021 firmware for QM8888/UX999:

There is a new version (20210703) of the ApplePie firmware (for the Android 9 Qualcomm box). Got it from the seller on AliExpress:

Learn about some update details of the 20210703 version. Share with everyone.

Added support for some models, such as Mercedes S-Class.
    The user can turn off the "insert TF card, automatically copy log" function. An option is made in ApplePie Settings.
    Support one-key split screen.
    New update 07-26-2021 for QM8888/UX999:

can I get the steps again on how to apply the firmware update on the Qm8888 apple pie box?

I tried the general steps at the start of this thread but my qm8888 just boots up as per normal
    How to upgrade the firmware for ApplePie:

Obtain the firmware upgrade package, the file named "update.zip", the file size is about 1.35G, copy update.zip to the TF card (directly in the root directory, no need to build a folder), no need to decompress, Then insert the upgrade card. The upgrade card does not have to be a blank card, and it does not have to be an upgrade file, that is, the TF card you use every day can be used as an upgrade card.

The system detects that there is an upgrade file in the card, a pop-up window will ask whether to upgrade, immediately (within 20 seconds) click the "Cancel" button to cancel the upgrade operation, please pull out the upgrade card; if you click "OK" or do nothing ( Wait 20 seconds for the timeout", the system will enter the upgrade operation.

First, copy the upgrade file to the internal storage space. The copy progress will go from 0% to 100%. After the copy is completed, the system will pop up a window prompting that it will automatically restart. At this point, you can observe the red indicator light of the box. When it starts to flash, you can already pull out the upgrade card. The remaining steps will be completed automatically. You just need to wait to enter the ApplePie interface again.

The entire upgrade process takes about 10 minutes.

Note: It is best not to power off during the upgrade process, and do not pull out the TF card during the process of copying the upgrade file to the internal memory. Of course, if the above situation occurs, ApplePie will not be damaged, and it will work normally after restarting. It's just that your upgrade process was cancelled this time, and the normal upgrade cannot be completed.
    20210715 ApplePie Firmware:

There is a new version (20210703) of the ApplePie firmware (for the Android 9 Qualcomm box). Got it from the seller on AliExpress:

New update 07-26-2021 for QM8888/UX999:

Learn about some update details of the 20210703 version. Share with everyone.

Added support for some models, such as Mercedes S-Class.
    The user can turn off the "insert TF card, automatically copy log" function. An option is made in ApplePie Settings.
    Support one-key split screen.
    new update for qualcomm applepie from 09-06-2021

I got the 10-6-2021 version for Qualcomm Applepie Box:

New update for qualcomm dated 19-05-2021 I have not yet been able to test it thoroughly

IMG_20210519_171215.jpg

IMG_20210519_171315__01.jpg

Link to Drive:

Finally got my Qualcomm today!!