• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread

necust

Sep 4, 2021
OEM Mic is now working during calls and Touchscreen issues have been fixed.
I didn't encounter these problems but I did update. I hoped the update might fix other issues. However, the problem of not saving accessibility settings has not been fixed. Likewise, the sound distortion continues when ok google is active. I wonder if the manufacturer is following our conversations here :)

Attachments

• 20210929_142227.jpg
    20210929_142227.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I didn't encounter these problems but I did update. I hoped the update might fix other issues. However, the problem of not saving accessibility settings has not been fixed. Likewise, the sound distortion continues when ok google is active. I wonder if the manufacturer is following our conversations here :)
The Problem with accessibilty is demanded by a lot of users, but considering the other bugs it might be not so important. I want this too badly. Please contact your seller and demand it, maybe it will help.

DAP56

Jul 11, 2021
Denver
The Problem with accessibilty is demanded by a lot of users, but considering the other bugs it might be not so important. I want this too badly. Please contact your seller and demand it, maybe it will help.
LwannaCM, for me and my fellow XDA idiots, will you give us a script we can copy/paste into the message to our seller?

Something like this? (you fill in the bullshit for real reasons why we need this)

"Dear Apple Pie Mini Dealer on Alibaba or AliExpress,

I very much need thy accessibility function in Apple Pie Mini to be enabled and saved to the memory (so it doesn't reset each time). There are apps that need to be rotated, heads that need to be slapped and some good old you know what that needs to be smashed.

Thanks,

DB XDA Cronie"

DAP56

Jul 11, 2021
Denver
Also, when I update Apple Pie Mini, I use my micro SD. The unit updates and then keeps wanting to update unless I pull the card and delete the update.zip file.

IS this just like this for me? Or does everyone else have an update.zip that self destructs once update is successful?

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
LwannaCM, for me and my fellow XDA idiots, will you give us a script we can copy/paste into the message to our seller?

Something like this? (you fill in the bullshit for real reasons why we need this)

"Dear Apple Pie Mini Dealer on Alibaba or AliExpress,

I very much need thy accessibility function in Apple Pie Mini to be enabled and saved to the memory (so it doesn't reset each time). There are apps that need to be rotated, heads that need to be slapped and some good old you know what that needs to be smashed.

Thanks,

DB XDA Cronie"

First sentence should be enough, although i Like the second one (-:

necust

Sep 4, 2021
I actually contacted the seller. He insisted it was a 3rd party app issue. He said that they had to solve other problems first and that they would deal with it when the time came. But I don't think I can be that patient. I will probably root the device.

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I actually contacted the seller. He insisted it was a 3rd party app issue. He said that they had to solve other problems first and that they would deal with it when the time came. But I don't think I can be that patient. I will probably root the device.
I understand you, but please be aware, If you flash the rooted Image, you can't use Update .zip anymore and can't Go Back to normal easily.

amoh42

Oct 2, 2021
Hi all, new to this forum but great information so far. Wanted to ask a few questions regarding this unit: https://www.ottocast.com/products/picasou-ai-box

I have a 2021 Haval h6 with 12.3” widescreen. I’ve confirmed with sellers it’s compatible with my car however I’ve read a few things online that audio source is an issue when speaking with Siri or pressing the voice assistant on steering wheel. It apparently switches to BT audio mode to respond and not via the oem speakers. Is this the case?

also, the manufacturer wasn’t clear ….will the android system and other apps like Netflix and YouTube adjust aspect ratio to suit the wide screen (like Mercedes ie. option A) or will it only utilise a small portion of the screen (option B)?

Option A:
1633143667414.jpeg

1633143758265.jpeg

option B:
1633143861720.jpeg

My wired Apple CarPlay uses the full screen and I’d like to keep it that way. (See below)
Your input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
1633143264062.jpeg

vuurvlinder

Sep 21, 2006
Meppel
Hi all,

Question:

I have the ux999 and have the following problem ( launcher is Nova): At the start of the unit is does not have audio focus. When is start iGO luna navigation it has no sound, only when I start a mediaplayer ( e.g. Spotify, jetaudio etc.) or hit the audio request button in Audiohog (audiofocus music) it works. Same problem occurs with the standard launcher.

Has anyone the same problem? And solved this? Changing the sys.txt in iGO does not work.

[android]
fullscreen=1
;0-STREAM_VOICE_CALL,
;1-STREAM_SYSTEM,
;2-STREAM_RING,
;3-STREAM_MUSIC,
;4-STREAM_ALARM,
;5-STREAM_NOTIFICATION
;6-BLUETOOTH
navigation_audio_stream=3

vuurvlinder

Sep 21, 2006
Meppel
Hi all,

Question:

I have the ux999 and have the following problem ( launcher is Nova): At the start of the unit is does not have audio focus. When is start iGO luna navigation it has no sound, only when I start a mediaplayer ( e.g. Spotify, jetaudio etc.) or hit the audio request button in Audiohog (audiofocus music) it works. Same problem occurs with the standard launcher.

Has anyone the same problem? And solved this? Changing the sys.txt in iGO does not work.

[android]
fullscreen=1
;0-STREAM_VOICE_CALL,
;1-STREAM_SYSTEM,
;2-STREAM_RING,
;3-STREAM_MUSIC,
;4-STREAM_ALARM,
;5-STREAM_NOTIFICATION
;6-BLUETOOTH
navigation_audio_stream=3
Just found the following "Android's WebView does not request audio focus" and as the ux999 is android webview driven and once WebView starts playing, it requests audiofocus, this might be the reason....

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Hi all, new to this forum but great information so far. Wanted to ask a few questions regarding this unit: https://www.ottocast.com/products/picasou-ai-box

I have a 2021 Haval h6 with 12.3” widescreen. I’ve confirmed with sellers it’s compatible with my car however I’ve read a few things online that audio source is an issue when speaking with Siri or pressing the voice assistant on steering wheel. It apparently switches to BT audio mode to respond and not via the oem speakers. Is this the case?

also, the manufacturer wasn’t clear ….will the android system and other apps like Netflix and YouTube adjust aspect ratio to suit the wide screen (like Mercedes ie. option A) or will it only utilise a small portion of the screen (option B)?

Option A: View attachment 5423313
View attachment 5423315

option B:
View attachment 5423317

My wired Apple CarPlay uses the full screen and I’d like to keep it that way. (See below)
Your input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
View attachment 5423309
The Ottocast seems Just to be a rebrand from ux999. There is cp600 rebrand from Ottocast also.

ekimnal

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto

Top Liked Posts