• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread
Dec 24, 2012
This is the box I have.
I am quite disappointed with it.
The UI is laggy, the customer support is via WhatsApp, but it is a hit and miss experience.
I have 2 Firmware updates for this box.
The last firmware update changes the box name to Applepie

come check out our telegram group and recovery tutorials

Reactions: theluke79

cwwilson08

Sep 20, 2016
Out of curiosity. The first page has a spec sheet / image of the apple pi mini claiming 2ghz on the processor. Everywhere I have seen says these boxes are 1.8 ghz on the processor.

So I am just wondering if there is a newer model or if that is a misprint?

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007

Also I know the UX999+ (carlinkit t-box) has a setting in the android settings for default voice assistant. Set it to autokit so it will default to Carplay or Android auto voice assistance instead of the android box voice assistant.

You can also set it auto boot into autokit for carplay / android auto immediately without any interaction which is nice.

Last edited:

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007
Hello everyone. I am hoping someone can help me.

I purchased this unit

CarlinKit Ai Box 4G Cellular,4+64G,8Core, Fit for Cars with OEM/Factory Wired CarPlay, 1 Adapter 2 System,Built-in Navigation,Support YouTube Netflix,etc.Wireless CarPlay&Android System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G9KPXH...abc_EC4RYQVV4MMV22BJA2J3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

from what I can tell from a post a bit above it is a applepie min clone.

Can anyone help me confirm which update file I should apply for my box? Or even better educate me on finding it myself in future? I think the qualcomm?

EDIT: Ok I found the support site and the update file it is on there main sales page near the bottom, before the related products section

and here is the link to the firmware file. 10/14/21

I'm assuming you just put the update.zip in the root of an microSD card and it will ask to update when the microSD is inserted? yep just checked!

Last edited:

theluke79

Dec 5, 2010
Kilkenny, Ireland
Folks, can you please try to set up a second android user, switch to the user and see if you get the message "device not activated"? I had the message for a week, I was still able to use the second profile, then the device stopped working, I just see an empty screen with the above-mentioned error message.

jayck li

Feb 22, 2021
Folks, can you please try to set up a second android user, switch to the user and see if you get the message "device not activated"? I had the message for a week, I was still able to use the second profile, then the device stopped working, I just see an empty screen with the above-mentioned error message.
There is noise in my playing music, do you have it? Do you know how to solve it?

jayck li

Feb 22, 2021
Also I know the UX999+ (carlinkit t-box) has a setting in the android settings for default voice assistant. Set it to autokit so it will default to Carplay or Android auto voice assistance instead of the android box voice assistant.

You can also set it auto boot into autokit for carplay / android auto immediately without any interaction which is nice.
My ok google is turned off by default and cannot be set

Molyanov.Pavel

Nov 6, 2021
Hi! In tutorial for repairing QM8888/UX999 page written: 1. Install Qualcomm Drivers
Push the resetbutton on UX999/QM8888 and keep pushing while connectiong the USB-Cable to your PC.
After connecting you can release the resetbutton. o Device must now show in DeviceManager as Qualcomm 9008 Device (otherwise search for driver manually or delete the device in device manager and connect again with resetbutton

No, there are no buttons on the CarPlay mini case (UX999), how do I release the resetbutton? Now the device is defined as an MTP-Device

Last edited:

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3

Top Liked Posts