• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread

Roghene

Dec 10, 2017
Andy:
Is there anyway to solve this audio music crackling /distortion / clipping in Applepie mini ai box? See video below

After playing music audio for few minutes the audio will start crackling. But when I go out of the box and come back in the crackling disappear and after a while it comes back again

I have tried various firmware version up to the latest still no fix

lsljunior

May 6, 2019
Andy:
Is there anyway to solve this audio music crackling /distortion / clipping in Applepie mini ai box? See video below

After playing music audio for few minutes the audio will start crackling. But when I go out of the box and come back in the crackling disappear and after a while it comes back again

I have tried various firmware version up to the latest still no fix
View attachment 5473803
I have exactly the same issue in my car. Also tried almost every firmware but the problem is still there.

Dha80

Dec 7, 2021
I purchased recently this box :
Carlinkit CPC200-TBOX https://www.carlinkit.store/product...ox-wireless-android-auto-apple-carplay-ai-box
It looks like it's a clone of the Applepie box, since their support team sent me yesterday a beta firmware update that, after application, changed the name of the box to "Applepie".
The box has 2 main issues that I discovered so far:

1) when I configure a second user in the Android menu of the box and switch to it, I see a message on the lower right corner, saying "device not activated"

2) the resolution is low, some apps don't display properly, one example is Spotify. It looks cramped and you cannot access the app buttons.

I am in touch with support and will be doing more testing.

Link to the update https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCIXQinZ2wOXyTRWS12EyEC6TDCDHlWp/view?usp=drivesdk
How did you manage to install the upgrade?
I also have the CarlinKit Ai Box and Quickstep app keeps crashing. I need help to fix it.

Dha80

Dec 7, 2021
Hello everyone. I am hoping someone can help me.

I purchased this unit

CarlinKit Ai Box 4G Cellular,4+64G,8Core, Fit for Cars with OEM/Factory Wired CarPlay, 1 Adapter 2 System,Built-in Navigation,Support YouTube Netflix,etc.Wireless CarPlay&Android System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G9KPXH...abc_EC4RYQVV4MMV22BJA2J3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

from what I can tell from a post a bit above it is a applepie min clone.

Can anyone help me confirm which update file I should apply for my box? Or even better educate me on finding it myself in future? I think the qualcomm?

EDIT: Ok I found the support site and the update file it is on there main sales page near the bottom, before the related products section

and here is the link to the firmware file. 10/14/21
Did you figure it out.
I have the same box and my quickstep app keeps crashing. I can't install the updates... how did you install updates?

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Reactions: mr.mrcn

iOMGNeon

Dec 9, 2021
mmb11.jpg

I've bought the 3rd edition of joyeautos multimedia box running android 11 (MMB). The new interface mimics apple carplay and a it is quite nice, however the user experience is terrible. Reading through this thread and https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/carplay-ai-box-android-headunit-dongle.4196931/ its clear that this is always the case with all manufacturers of these devices.

I've looked into custom firmware and I've found that firmware updates are provided on the vendor website https://www.carplaymmb.com/pages/software-updates but as of yet there is nothing for this new device.

Here is a demo of the new device

Below are 6 annoying things that I would like to fix by reverse engineering the firmware.

• 1 The return to all apps button in the bottom left corner does not display correctly and is out of bounds. This is visible in the demo video at 3:17 and at 9:41 even when on a test bench.

• 2 Terrible floating navigation button that breaks user experience on non touch devices. My car has a rotary knob in the centre console. inside compatible apps I can move up and down but not left and right because this forces focus on the floating icon. If it is removed I would have full control with car controls and not have to rely on the remote. Example: I side loaded the android TV version of YouTube because only someone brain dead would pre-install the mobile version and expect you to use a remote to navigate it. This is 10x easier to use as the app is designed to be used with a remote control, in addition you would have full control with car controls if the floating button didn't exist or was implemented better.

• 3 You cannot enter a password for WIFI points. You must set the password of your hotspots to 12345678 in order to connect. (you can bypass this through the WIFI settings on the android TV YouTube app).

• 4 Boot animation is excessively long and annoying (see demo video 3:56 - 3:14). The start up should be shortened to where it begins showing the MMB logo and start from there.

• 5 You cannot rename the device. When pairing via Bluetooth and other method there's a stupid name for the device.

• 6 When you rearrange apps a reboot sets them back to factory positrons.

My background is in full stack web development but I'm a little familiar with android development. If someone could help in reverse engineering the firmware and fixing these issues I believe it would make the product a million times better for me and a lot of people on this forum.

note: I've spoken to the developer of this device and he is not interested in fixing any of these expect for •1

Last edited:

snowmaus

Dec 10, 2021
Please help me :(

I have ugraded my Alwinner ai Carplay Box - android 9 with the latest software i found here. butnow the start screen is flickering "Hello" continously without entering the system...
Please help me :(

I downloaded the software into a USB drive, inserted in the Box, it said Upgrade, so i did, then thebox started to flicker red (which means upgrading) then i started the carplay and normally you will see the "Hello" screen for few seconds, then it enters... yet now the "Hello" screen stays on flickering.... without entering. what can i do ?

iOMGNeon

Dec 9, 2021
Firmware is rooted
Thank you for the firmware. Do I flash through phoenix suite or do I use to official update method by renaming zip to upgrade_pkg and placing file on device?
Also how do I modify the firmware to remove things such as floating navigation bar and make other changes?

localos

Mar 25, 2021
OPPO Reno Z
Different update method. Simply download onto USB without renaming files. Plug USB into MMB -> go into MMB settings -> upgrade device -> select update.

iOMGNeon

Dec 9, 2021
Do you know how I can remove the floating navigation bar? as that's the most annoying thing for me currently. I read somewhere here on how to do it on 2nd gen device but I cannot find the post.

Top Liked Posts