Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread

Istebene

May 7, 2022
Hello world.

I have a box buyed since 1 year at aliexpress, but now seller dont exist.
information i know:
Car : Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace with MiB2
Box (see the pic)
i can connect apple carplay wireless (if its important)

androbox.version.jpg

I would like upgrade / update this box for some reasons:
1: is very slow, 2: is only chinese and turkish, 3: is not beautiful like yours pic i see on this topic, 4: i have factory reset and now the googlestore isnt active, i dont have the code factory.
The best question : what is my f***** box ? cp41 cp200 cp600 cp600p ? i am lost :s

My question: i have reading on page 11 --> (yes i have read the 41 page... and i am aver lost :s)
LwannaCM said:
Just flash a .img with phoenixpro Afterwards you can use any update.zip based in Android 7 for cp600 to rebrand. The only differnces are mostly Startscreen except for uroid which has other setting menus. So Don't Focus on having mmb.

Can i use this soft ? How use it?
if response yes, what update.zip i can use or i must use?
My box can be broken ?

Thank very very much for your help !

(sorry, my english is too busy :s)

Last edited:

davpel

I have the Isudar Q6125 box. There are many problems (chief amongst them is the fact that my SIM card is stuck in the slot). But right now I'm trying to figure out bluetooth. It was advertised by Isudar as having Bluetooth 5.0 which should then include low energy support. However, I cannot connect the Isudar box to any device that requires BT 5.0 LE. I just updated the firmware with the same result.

Does anyone have this box (or the Xyingly branded version) and have BT 5.0 working.

FWIW, my desired use case is to have the Isudar box connect to my OBD device over BT via the A Better Route Planner app, which requires LE to communicate with any OBD).

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
I have the Isudar Q6125 box. There are many problems (chief amongst them is the fact that my SIM card is stuck in the slot). But right now I'm trying to figure out bluetooth. It was advertised by Isudar as having Bluetooth 5.0 which should then include low energy support. However, I cannot connect the Isudar box to any device that requires BT 5.0 LE. I just updated the firmware with the same result.

Does anyone have this box (or the Xyingly branded version) and have BT 5.0 working.

FWIW, my desired use case is to have the Isudar box connect to my OBD device over BT via the A Better Route Planner app, which requires LE to communicate with any OBD).
Send it back

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020

I have a 6125 and have been unable to get the "slave" Bluetooth to work correctly. It never asks for a PIN when pairing (if it can even find the device). I have managed to get a device paired and connected (I changed the 6125 PIN to the same PIN as device I'm trying to pair but I don't know if it is a coincidence that it paired and connected) but the app trying to use the Bluetooth device can't find it. The app gives a message that Bluetooth isn't turned on and then attempts to turn it on. And there is no Bluetooth icon on the 6125 top menu bar to indicate that Bluetooth is turned on.

davpel

I have a 6125 and have been unable to get the "slave" Bluetooth to work correctly. It never asks for a PIN when pairing (if it can even find the device). I have managed to get a device paired and connected (I changed the 6125 PIN to the same PIN as device I'm trying to pair but I don't know if it is a coincidence that it paired and connected) but the app trying to use the Bluetooth device can't find it. The app gives a message that Bluetooth isn't turned on and then attempts to turn it on. And there is no Bluetooth icon on the top menu bar to indicate that Bluetooth is turned on.
I see the same behavior. I even downloaded an app to test BT and it cannot turn BT on to perform the test. I also fear that the slave BT is 4.2 and not 5. If there was another USB port on this thing, I would just use a BT dongle, but sadly that isn't the case.

I'm not fighting with Isudar and PayPal to get a refund.

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
I see the same behavior. I even downloaded an app to test BT and it cannot turn BT on to perform the test. I also fear that the slave BT is 4.2 and not 5. If there was another USB port on this thing, I would just use a BT dongle, but sadly that isn't the case.

I'm not fighting with Isudar and PayPal to get a refund.
The master Bluetooth (the one that connects to the phone) is 5.0 but the slave Bluetooth (the one used for other devices) is 4.2. That seems to be the way most of them work.

RoarinRo

Dec 17, 2021
Does anyone with the Carlinkit CPC200-Tbox know why every time the unit starts it almost always tries to enable the Tbox's hotspot? If i enable it manually, then disable it (because my car already has a built in hotspot), then my music does not work. I guess I don't mind that the Tbox hotspot stays on I just don't want to have to click the button on the screen to turn it on each time. If anyone has had this problem, I'd appreciate if you tell me how you fixed it or what option to look for so this doesn't happen. I'm running the latest firmware from 4/29 found here - https://www.autokit.com/?list_43/

xxxb9sa

May 11, 2022
Hi dears,

I own a CP200 carlinkit mini box, after the march update installing the box works great, however I want to know if there is an option to increase the screen resolution previuosly to purchase this box I owned a Carlinkit 2 a device for wireless carplay, does not work with Android but now in comparison with the box I noted a decrease in the screen resolution, the icons with the android interface and with android auto looks a little blurred. Some one know if there is an option to improve it?
My second question is, it is safe and possible install other firmwares in example if I want to run the applepie mini firmware with my box is it possible? after all it is a custom firmware and both devices have the same internals.
Have you got a link for the carlinkit ai box cp200 firmware update? I use android. Are there also instruction on how to install it?
My unit works fine but ABRP doesn't recognise my obd dongle and i hope the updated firmware will solve this?
Why the ai box cp200 cant update from its interface? I have a sd card installed so it is ok if i need to copy a file in there for the update, but i need the link for my unit! Many thanks

xxxb9sa

May 11, 2022
Hi all Have you got a link for the carlinkit AI box cp200 firmware update? I use android. Are there also instruction on how to install it?
My unit works fine but ABRP doesn't recognise my obd dongle and i hope the updated firmware will solve this?
Also some app crash and the Bluetooth connectivity might be better.
Why the ai box cp200 cant update from its interface? I have a sd card installed so it is ok if i need to copy a file in there for the update, but i need the link for my specific unit please. Also, where i can see which firmware im running? Cheers all

.PoNeH

Oct 30, 2006
Orlando
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have spent countless hours digesting as much information as possible and I have been unable to conclude which device is the best out there today.

I have personally tested two CPC-200s (squared housing and carbon fiber like housing) and the Android 10 CarPlay device.

The CarPlay device has a more polished UI and higher DPI but the audio is not syncing when playing from video in phone. It also lacks the annoying incall overlay that the CarLinkKits units have.

karkoura

Jun 19, 2006

which firmware is available for this device, i already bought one and looking for frequent firmware update

maxidream

Feb 23, 2022

MartinS.

May 15, 2022
Ok, je vais le faire en Français, c'est plus facile pour moi.
1) Dans ta voiture, une fois Carlinkit installé, utilise Chrome pour télécharger OTA.apk à l'adresse suivante: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664849834

2) Clique sur le fichier téléchargé et installe-le. (Il faudra autoriser l'utilisation de Sources Inconnues quand on te le demanderas).

3) Ensuite, sur ton PC, télécharge le dernier firmware ApplePie là: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=333043

4) Renomme-le "update.zip" et copie-le sur une clé USB.

5) Insère la clé USB dans le Carlinkit et met le contact de ta voiture. Le firmware va être installé.

6) Profite!
Hello,

Works very well, but how i can return to the Original Firmware?

Now when i will install the original cpc200 carlinkit firmware comes an error : Upgrade packages form illegale manufactures.

any idea?

THANKS A LOT!

Lecoyote66240

Apr 20, 2022

MrMartino

Apr 11, 2022
Thanks,

i have tried this, but dosent work.

other solution?

Thanks
What if you reboot the device with the SD card inside with the original FW? I think it should update upon boot.

By the way, why do you want to use the original FW again? Was the Applepie FW worse in any way?

Im thinking about switching to Applepie FW but I still haven't figured out how to fully backup my current installation (apps, settings etc). I dont want to reinstall everything manually when I switch between FW. Any thoughts?

Top Liked Posts