Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005
I'm on the latest firmware (10/21), and while it has resolved the volume/audio channel issue for me on my Hyundai, the audio quality still drops out anytime Google Maps or an audio assistance is running.

Is there any way to force an override so all apps use the same higher quality audio channel?
I don't know if you're still looking for an answer to this but it's happening because Google assistant is seizing the microphone as soon as you start route guidance. This forces the Ai Box to route audio as though it were a (mono) phone call rather than (stereo) media. The fix is to go in to Maps settings --> navigation settings --> Google assistant settings --> general --> hey/ok Google detection and toggle off for "while driving"

According to the blurb this also toggle also affects other mapping apps that use ok Google detection eg Android auto

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005
Does anybody else have an issue with multi touch. I have a 2019 Audi with the 10" touchscreen. But my Qualcomm SDM450 based box (Apple pie clone) only allows 1 touch at a time. I can't even pinch zoom in Google maps. 🤷

ice_coffee

Oct 27, 2005
Does anybody else have an issue with multi touch. I have a 2019 Audi with the 10" touchscreen. But my Qualcomm SDM450 based box (Apple pie clone) only allows 1 touch at a time. I can't even pinch zoom in Google maps. 🤷
Never mind the answer is in the FAQ in short it's because APPLE 🙄

By the way to zoom in maps you can double tap and hold and slide. There are better instructions in the FAQ.

Word of advice, to prospective buyers, the Qualcomm based units seem to be the best and fastest. Although not without their quirks, and the piesettings APK (see FAQ) is a must, if you want to get the best out of this unit.

Scaven

Dec 9, 2007
I have the PLC-S21 android 10 box (QCM6125) in my Kia with the widescreen infotainment (10.25 inches) screen. The only issue I have is that when starting the car the device starts in non widescreen mode then reboots itself to the correct resolution. Is there a way to make it remember the resolution and avoid the reboot from a cold start?

Last edited:

Irishscott101

Jun 24, 2022
Hi, I've read through a few pages on this thread hoping to find the answer i need but couldn't see it so apologies if it's been asked and answered before.

I have a joyeautos MMB Box, bought from a third party online. I have it fully setup but it will not play any sound in my Audi A5 2017. I have tried it in my wife's VW and it works perfectly fine there so wondering is there a setting a need change on it or on the car itself to allow the sound to come through. The sound works fine in the car when using the normal plug in car play.

JPN_friday

Apr 30, 2022
I have been using PLC-S31E made by Cartizan since March, but even if I wait 10 minutes from the screen that displays “android” during startup, I cannot proceed and aibox cannot be started.
My skill is low and I don't back it up.
I want to initialize from this state and make it usable again.
Please let me know.
It does not recognize the device even when connected to a Windows PC.
This is the same product.

JPN_friday

Apr 30, 2022
Cartiza's PLC-S31E boot freezes and does not boot normally. I am trying to do a factory reset using "backup_and_restore_the_DORO_QCM6125_box_aka_GT0464EA_aka_plc_s31.zip" in AFH. I don't know how to do it because my skill is low. Is there anyone who can tell me? I have the latest firmware (date 0614), but when I unzip it, it doesn't include .elf or .mbn and XML files, and I can't find any patch files. There are payload.bin and care_map.pb compatibility.zip (there are 4 XML files in this) META-INF folder, payload_properties.txt

城南花开

Jun 21, 2022
Hello, everyone, the great God of the forum. May I ask about Carplay AI box, c600puls? The Chinese model is meow plus, website: https://www.miudrive.com/ncarplus.html How does the allwinner chip obtain root permission? Is there any software that can root with one click? Because this device cannot be connected to the computer through ADB level USB debugging. Please tell me a method. Thank you very much.
微信图片_20220627225706.jpg
微信图片_20220627225700.jpg

l981982

Dec 15, 2016
Have any one try carplay ai box for lexus nx.

GT0464EA display is incorrect.
Perhaps the fix might be in factory setting.
Anyone know the password?
-8935227961235715440.jpg

Last edited:

Aratheba

Jun 25, 2009
I had the exact same issue and tried multiple firmware versions until I found one that worked. If you look under 'Build Number' in Settings it should tell you at the end which region your current firmware is (NA, EU, ect). Mine is NA. I was able to find one that specified it was the NA version thanks to the links on the first page. I'm guessing the previous ones I tried that failed were for other regions.
Hi, does this version from July 2022 add gps signal source from car antenna instead of internal box antenna? Tia

Maxi_90

Oct 1, 2018
Groß-Siegharts
The AP888max i bought last month does support the GPS signal from car.
At least it's in the settings. Didn't tried it yet.

Would be better when the box would be faster. 😁

Aratheba

Jun 25, 2009
The AP888max i bought last month does support the GPS signal from car.
At least it's in the settings. Didn't tried it yet.

Would be better when the box would be faster. 😁
I was talking about GT0464 which has Qualcomm Snapdragon 665. I saw that on M.I.C. Site there’s an update dated 06/07/2022 which has into releases notes: “GPS source optional”.
I was wondering if this means GPS signal from car nor not.

Last edited:

gambit07

Nov 18, 2007
I had the exact same issue and tried multiple firmware versions until I found one that worked. If you look under 'Build Number' in Settings it should tell you at the end which region your current firmware is (NA, EU, ect). Mine is NA. I was able to find one that specified it was the NA version thanks to the links on the first page. I'm guessing the previous ones I tried that failed were for other regions.
Can you link to the firmware that worked for you?

tooandrew

Do any of the snapdragon based devices support fastboot? fastboot flashing unlock specifically? I want a powerful box running a recent Android build, but i want to root it so i can hide tethering from my cell service provider, and just get an unlimited plan so i can have unlimited hotspot in my car. I can patch images and whatnot but if bootloader is locked i am not going to be able to "hack" it unlocked.

vuurvlinder

Sep 21, 2006
Meppel
I have the PLC-S21 android 10 box (QCM6125) in my Kia with the widescreen infotainment (10.25 inches) screen. The only issue I have is that when starting the car the device starts in non widescreen mode then reboots itself to the correct resolution. Is there a way to make it remember the resolution and avoid the reboot from a cold start?
I have ghe same issue, HU VW Passat 2020, MIB3 Entertainment system

SodhiPerry

Jul 10, 2022
I bought a Binize Carplay, which is a QCM6125. Looks like a re-braded CP36

Looking at the firmwares for the QCM6125, the latest is from June 2022, which is for Cartizen PLC-S31E

Would I just be able to take any QCM6125 firmware and flash into my CP36?

ardem11

Jul 13, 2022
After a restoring userdata partition via MT there are no my apps, settings and files. Just a factory firmware.
Userdata backup is around 23Gb, but nothing is restored. Any ideas, what's the problem?

Top Liked Posts