Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread

Qubidk

Aug 19, 2022
Denmark
HI Guys

I just received my AI carplay box yesterday. I saw it on the first page this one is called only qcm6125 (but that is not a big help where several other models out there with the same specs). I tried to find new firmware update, but until now without success.

Is there someone who have the same and could help me out, or knows which other model have the same specs, and matching firmware update?
Is there an android 11 for this model?

Any links, where can I read further about this model also appreciated...

have a nice weekend
AI.png

arDr0id

Sep 17, 2010
Hello,

is there a way to root Applepie mini EVO (APM888)? or at least a rooted firmware with SU enabled?

Thanks.

Qubidk

Aug 19, 2022
Denmark
Ok, tonite I had some time to play with it. Now you can hide the nav bar if you want and you can select car gps instead of box gps. I tried selecting car gps but it seems to get no signal at all. Box gps still working fine though.
I would like to know, if the box is stable, all the other functions are working flawlessly? What fixes the newer version brings to the "table". I have one of the first ones as I could see

I don't know if all of the QCM6125 boxes running on the same OS, and each producer just doing some fine tuning, or they have something significantly different ...

Aratheba

Jun 25, 2009
It seems the software it's pretty identical. I haven't tested it fully yet. If have such worries you'd better not update

Qubidk

Aug 19, 2022
Denmark
It seems the software it's pretty identical. I haven't tested it fully yet. If have such worries you'd better not update
For now I leave it like it is, I could see that my software is 27-07-2022.

I will play around with different lunchers. Vivid is quit good, the only solution I would like to find is that the Google maps widget actually shows the same information as the driving mode on Android auto. It is onl showing your location, and when I start navigation shows in PIP. But that is quite basic.

chongwho

Aug 7, 2022
Hi all, I have the APM888 UI on my box... using ZLink5 for Wireless Caplay, and it works ok. But the delay during phone calls makes it unusable. At least a 1-2 second delay. Any ideas?
System says I have Picasouu Version APM888-EAU-01 (2022-08-01)
Have build number APM888-NA-00-00
Zlink5 version 5.2.30

Should I be using a different version of ZLink? I previously had a different UI on the box with Speed Play installed and that seemed to work better, but I accidently reset the box to factory settings and lost activated Speed Play, so sent it back to installer who put on APM888 UI with Zlink5.

Any help would be much appreciated. Will happily send someone some $$ via paypal to help me. I need calls to be without (significant) delay for my work.

Thanks

JAWheat411

May 15, 2008
Moore
Hey,
So I bought a box from streamtoyourcar.com. it is a pretty nice box there runs android 11. I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction on installing a custom rom. I have installed plenty of roms for phones over the years. Just not sure what is compatible. Really an alternate launcher would be fine too. The interface is pretty clunky looking. The specs according to them are.
HDMI OUTPUT
4G+64G ROM
Operating System: Android 11
CPU: Contex A53 4 Core, Max CPU 1.8GHz
GPU Mali-450MP2
RAM: 4GB LPDDR Dual Channel Function
ROM eMMc 64GB
2.4G/5G WIFI6 / Bluetooth

nqthuan97

Aug 28, 2022
Is there anyone having fw for this kind of box? Thanks

Attachments

• 789FAD58-3FD3-4951-B6BA-C01D026F88F1.jpeg
    789FAD58-3FD3-4951-B6BA-C01D026F88F1.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 93
  • D52DD914-C561-43DF-A52F-EE99749579F8.jpeg
    D52DD914-C561-43DF-A52F-EE99749579F8.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 93

feltraveller

Oct 11, 2010
London
Hi all, I have a new CP-308 unit and it works great with one exception - when I am in Android Auto, playing spotify, the music cuts out randomly and an alert come up saying 'music folder not found' - which suggests a process is looking for a folder in the background.

Went through the settings and cant see a way to turn this off.

It could also be a bug between the car (toyota 2020) and the box, but I want to know if anyone else might have had this issue and what they did to fix? Thanks.....

Levo84

Sep 13, 2022
New update

With the latest Google Maps update, the ok Google detection option is no longer available.
Thus the fix for the audio quality during navigation and music playback can't be applied anymore.

Anyone has any suggestion on how to go about this?

And also is there a way I stop YouTube Music from auto resuming the music?
When I pause music, exit to car factory UI to listen to radio, tap on Carplay to return to Box UI, YouTube Music auto resumes playing and cuts off my radio. I want to listen to radio.
Any suggestions?
Hi, were you able to find a solution for the problem between google maps and audio? if yes can you kindly tell me the solution? Thank you

Levo84

Sep 13, 2022
New update

With the latest Google Maps update, the ok Google detection option is no longer available.
Thus the fix for the audio quality during navigation and music playback can't be applied anymore.

Anyone has any suggestion on how to go about this?

And also is there a way I stop YouTube Music from auto resuming the music?
When I pause music, exit to car factory UI to listen to radio, tap on Carplay to return to Box UI, YouTube Music auto resumes playing and cuts off my radio. I want to listen to radio.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

włodek_xda

Mar 2, 2015
Hello guys, i need to flash latest firmware for CP600P from PC, since only latest version working with my car, i cant upgrade via USB, phoenix soft only accepting img files, how can i repack update to old IMG file and flash? Thanks

Top Liked Posts