Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread

psychoholica

Dec 26, 2008
I have the same model but different problems. Do you have any suggestion for my problems?
1. The sim card is not working. Inserted but the box does not detect the sim card. Seller don't response for this.
2. Voice call through 'Line' application via bluetooth is terrible, echo and suppress. Is this from the background noise suppression?

For your question, here is where I get the updated firmware. It works well. Make sure that you download from the 'Carplay box' -> 'Carplay box 665' in the link below.

Don't use from the 'Autoradi' (car radio) as it will brick the box.
Hey thanks for the link! I searched high and low looking. Found a couple that were supposed to work but they didnt install.

I havent tried a sim in mine yet but will in a few days, just waiting on the little converter since my sim is the nano version. I'll let you know if it works. I havent tried making a call through it but can give that a try too. On a work trip until Friday, I'll let ya know by the weekend.

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
I have the Carplay Box GT0464 with the Q665. Im having Bluetooth issues pairing devices to it and also annoyingly everytime I shut off the car it shuts bluetooth off. Im using a ODB scanner app which every time i lauch it it asks for permission to turn bluetooth on, then it doesnt connect properly unless I unplug the odb device and plug it back in. Really painful to do over and over. Hoping a firmware upgrade will fix the issue but cant seem to find a firmware that will install. I've found a few, all of them see the update file on my sd card and asks to install it. The device resets then a green light just flashes forever. Reboot and its back with the old firmware.

Using the ODB MX+ btw, its pretty wicked everything that it can monitor on a new car.

Anyway, long story short, can someone point me to updated firmware for the GT0464?
Thanks
I had the same box and was never able to get Bluetooth accessories to work including my OBDLink MX+. Supposedly this was fixed in the latest firmware update per the Carplay AI Telegram group. Look at their FAQs to a link to a firmware upgrade repository. I returned the box because the seller was non-responsive but the return was a nightmare through AliExpress.

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
I have the same model but different problems. Do you have any suggestion for my problems?
1. The sim card is not working. Inserted but the box does not detect the sim card. Seller don't response for this.
2. Voice call through 'Line' application via bluetooth is terrible, echo and suppress. Is this from the background noise suppression?

For your question, here is where I get the updated firmware. It works well. Make sure that you download from the 'Carplay box' -> 'Carplay box 665' in the link below.

Don't use from the 'Autoradi' (car radio) as it will brick the box.
I had that box and never got the SIM card to work but I'm in North America. The seller claimed it is North America 4G LTE compatible but I don't believe it.

l981982

Dec 15, 2016
Try put sim card on this way.
20221105_212459.jpg

dchen4649

Jul 21, 2006
I want to enable wifi hotspot button in Hyundai 2022 IONIQ 5 BEV. Please help. Thank you and have a nice weekend.

JH168

Oct 31, 2022
I had that box and never got the SIM card to work but I'm in North America. The seller claimed it is North America 4G LTE compatible but I don't believe it.
Similar to my problem. The seller kept telling me to try other sim with other frequency bands but once I showed him the video that the sim was working in ipad and android phone, he just said sorry without further explanation.

What I am thinking is he sold wifi version to me at the 4g price. What a pity that I haven't tried every function before the warranty period end.

Back to my current problem, do you guys have problem that talking voice (both end of the call) is lower than normal while connect to the phone via bluetooth? or this is just because driving noise is too lound?

psychoholica

Dec 26, 2008
Im trying to update the firmware of my GT0464NA to hopefully solve a bluetooth issue I am having. I have found a few sites with firmware that is supposed to be compatible but cannot get any of them to install. I extract the update.zip file and put it in root of the SD card. Reboot the Carplay box and it detects the file and asks to install it. I press the wipe all data checkbox and then proceed. The device reboots, the red light flashes a few times then switches to a much faster blinking green light. This can go for hours with no change. If unplug the USB and plug it back in it boots up to the old firmware but completely wiped of all apps.
I have also tried to do the upate by going into system but it does the same thing. Red lights blink, then faster green ones that never end.
Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? This is one of the firmwares that I have tried.

chrisz5z

Sep 16, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Im trying to update the firmware of my GT0464NA to hopefully solve a bluetooth issue I am having. I have found a few sites with firmware that is supposed to be compatible but cannot get any of them to install. I extract the update.zip file and put it in root of the SD card. Reboot the Carplay box and it detects the file and asks to install it. I press the wipe all data checkbox and then proceed. The device reboots, the red light flashes a few times then switches to a much faster blinking green light. This can go for hours with no change. If unplug the USB and plug it back in it boots up to the old firmware but completely wiped of all apps.
I have also tried to do the upate by going into system but it does the same thing. Red lights blink, then faster green ones that never end.
Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? This is one of the firmwares that I have tried.

Mine did the same thing (it's a GT0464 clone). My guess is it wipes data, tries to flash the update but throws an error then sits there.

I've been trying to work out a way to flash the payload.bin manually.

psychoholica

Dec 26, 2008
Mine did the same thing (it's a GT0464 clone). My guess is it wipes data, tries to flash the update but throws an error then sits there.

I've been trying to work out a way to flash the payload.bin manually.
How did you find out its a clone? my thoughts are the same, wipe, error, hang. super annoying. I have a mini hdmi cable but nothing comes up on the screen when its flashing, didnt think it would...

Geedub85

Apr 5, 2014
Hi, I have a UX999, every firmware I've tried there is a game breaking bug
I was on the factory firmware which was the one I got it on 6 months ago and pretty much everything works apart from wireless Android Auto refused to automatically connect. I tried the latest firmware and it fixed that issue but broke GPS so I tried installing the two previous firmwares but both of these had the same issue. I tried the custom CPC200 firmware which fixes all these issues but introduces terrible sound quality

Is there a firmware that works properly for this device?

Top Liked Posts