• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

What should the perfect carplay box look like or have?

• Floating Button

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • NavigationBar (with Autohide possibility)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Floating Button + NavigationBar (with Autohide possibility)

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Widgets

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Deleteable Icons

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Functioning Accessibility Service

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Root Accesss

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Better Audio Quality and no lags

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Recent Apps Button (for the CP)

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Possibilty to Autoupdate Firmware

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
When my car was using CP600, the voice and video were out of sync, and the buttons on the steering wheel could not fully respond. After I switched to ApplePie, this problem disappeared. I haven't encountered the sound lag problem you mentioned. I have used it for up to 3 hours, listening to songs and watching videos. BTW, my car is Golf 2018.
Do you have the Discover Media or Pro? Does your Radio have knobs? Your car from year should have a MMB2 or MMB2.5 (without knobs)

Dec 25, 2012
Canada
Get the firmware from here and I'll modify it to add rooted
Are you willing to provide instruction how you root these?

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Guys, i think i finally found the Problem of the audio Lags after 5minutes. A friend of Mine has the Same Car and the Same Version of the qualcomm Box. Everthing is the Same except for one Thing. He doesn't use a sd card. So the problem lies in the checking of the SD Card After a reboot, when the Car shuts of the USB Power. Cause the Logs are Automatically written to the SD Card, the system wants to Check the SD Card. I have a Lot Files on this Card, so checking the Card for corruption Takes Long and after 5minutes the IO Performance drastically reduces to the Point where the audio begins to lag, even If you aren't using the SD Card for playing mp3 or Something Else. Also any 3rd Party Player who scans the SD Card for Media might interfere with this and worsen the Situation.

Last edited:

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I Just installed the Update 05/20, once again after a while the Sound starts crackling and gets distorted. Crap, i one step away to throw this Box in the bin.
Please do me a Favour and remove the SD Card for testing. Mine works fine, If i remove it. If have the SD Card plugged in Mine Starts crackling after 5min. Too. Even If don't Play anything from it.

May 27, 2021
Thanks for your answer.
I have the problem when I listen to BT music, the music is not quiet when navigation voice instructions are spoken and so you cannot hear anything that sat nav has spoken on TomTom GO. With Sygic there are no voice instructions at all. When I listen to the car radio that works well, the radio goes down quietly and you can hear GPS voice instructions.
Please help I tried the setting for the Navigation APP in ApplePie but it doesn't work.
🙏🙏🙏

Thanks for your answer.
I have the problem when I listen to BT music, the music is not quiet when navigation voice instructions are spoken and so you cannot hear anything that sat nav has spoken on TomTom GO. With Sygic there are no voice instructions at all. When I listen to the car radio that works well, the radio goes down quietly and you can hear GPS voice instructions.
Please help I tried the setting for the Navigation APP in ApplePie but it doesn't work.
🙏🙏🙏
Did you correctly select the navigation package name you wanted to set in the navigation APP Settings?
If you choose the right one, you should have no problem.
Did you download the two APKs you use, TomTom and Sygic, from Google Play? Or did you download it from another third-party app store? You can post the download link and I will download it to see if it is OK.

May 27, 2021
🙏🙏🙏
I helped you feedback this issue to my seller, and he quickly reported it to the ApplePie development team. They confirmed that the two navigation map software, TomTom go and Sygic, are already in the whitelist and do not need to be set to the navigation App type separately. The sound logic is normal. They also posted a video. The team reacted really quickly. I admire them.

Attachments

• IMG_0724.MP4
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0723.MP4
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0725.MP4
  • IMG_0719.MP4

Slippinghoff

Jun 17, 2021
Hi all,

I have an ALL Allwinner Chipset based Android 9 AI Box CP600P 4/32

I am totally new to this boxes. I followed the instruction to update the software but after I confirmed the update process it keeps flashing red endlessly. After 20 min. I disconnected the box (I know, I should not remove it during updating). After connecting it again to the car it boots up without being updated. What am I doing wrong here?
i tried to search but couldn’t find an answer.

regards
0BAB120E-C915-4ADC-B731-6B6C05990D72.jpeg

Gonipower

Apr 27, 2009
I helped you feedback this issue to my seller, and he quickly reported it to the ApplePie development team. They confirmed that the two navigation map software, TomTom go and Sygic, are already in the whitelist and do not need to be set to the navigation App type separately. The sound logic is normal. They also posted a video. The team reacted really quickly. I admire them.
Thank you for your answer.
The problem is with Bluetooth audio because the volume is not lowered when navigation is spoken.
With car radio and car media it works very well.
Not with Bluetooth audio, please try this. Which firmware version do you have with you?

Attachments

• VID-20210615-WA0000.mp4
    19.5 MB · Views: 0

Gonipower

Apr 27, 2009

Attachments

• VID-20210615-WA0001.mp4
    38.6 MB · Views: 0
May 27, 2021
The problem is with Bluetooth audio because the volume is not lowered when navigation is spoken.
Not with Bluetooth audio, please try this. Which firmware version do you have with you?
Oh I got it. This sound logic is usually invalid for Bluetooth audio, because Bluetooth audio is not a standard media stream for Android systems.

May 27, 2021
There are two Bluetooth on ApplePie.
One should be Qualcomm's own Bluetooth, which implements the profile on the mobile phone side, which belongs to the main Bluetooth device and is used to connect some Bluetooth HID devices, such as Bluetooth mice, keyboards, Bluetooth tire pressure monitoring devices, Bluetooth OBD devices, this Bluetooth You can connect 7 slave Bluetooth devices at the same time.
The other is in ApplePie, which extends a slave Bluetooth module outside of the Qualcomm processor. This Bluetooth is like a Bluetooth headset and a Bluetooth speaker, which transmits the sound of the mobile phone to ApplePie via Bluetooth. The audio data stream played on your mobile phone is directly transmitted to this slave Bluetooth module.

majonic

May 19, 2021
Hi all,

I have an ALL Allwinner Chipset based Android 9 AI Box CP600P 4/32

I am totally new to this boxes. I followed the instruction to update the software but after I confirmed the update process it keeps flashing red endlessly. After 20 min. I disconnected the box (I know, I should not remove it during updating). After connecting it again to the car it boots up without being updated. What am I doing wrong here?
i tried to search but couldn’t find an answer.

regardsView attachment 5340651
You are using wrong update for your box, I think there are two kinds of firmware for the cp600, android 7 and 9, but there’s a new 9 version that only works in the new rev that comes with split screen and wireless CarPlay.

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Based on your picture I recommend to use 288 firmware, but I think all firmwares posted in this thread are android 7, I had that box but couldn’t get the Android 9 again, you can also ask your seller for the firmware.
Casually look in the main post of this thread, i will embed the new firmware there. There are 2 sections now. one for the CP600 with Android 7 and the CP600P with Android 9

Gonipower

Apr 27, 2009
There are two Bluetooth on ApplePie.
One should be Qualcomm's own Bluetooth, which implements the profile on the mobile phone side, which belongs to the main Bluetooth device and is used to connect some Bluetooth HID devices, such as Bluetooth mice, keyboards, Bluetooth tire pressure monitoring devices, Bluetooth OBD devices, this Bluetooth You can connect 7 slave Bluetooth devices at the same time.
The other is in ApplePie, which extends a slave Bluetooth module outside of the Qualcomm processor. This Bluetooth is like a Bluetooth headset and a Bluetooth speaker, which transmits the sound of the mobile phone to ApplePie via Bluetooth. The audio data stream played on your mobile phone is directly transmitted to this slave Bluetooth module.
I know that there are 2x bluetooth.
I also have CP600 and bluetooth audio and navigation instructions work perfectly there but C600 Launcher sucks sorry for the word used.
I hope for a quick solution.
W-LAN connection is also very, very bad and weak there is hardly any or slow internet. Tried with router and smartphone connection is very bad 🤔

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a new version (20210703) of the ApplePie firmware (for the Android 9 Qualcomm box). Got it from the seller on AliExpress:

Learn about some update details of the 20210703 version. Share with everyone.

Added support for some models, such as Mercedes S-Class.
    The user can turn off the "insert TF card, automatically copy log" function. An option is made in ApplePie Settings.
    Support one-key split screen.
    New update 07-26-2021 for QM8888/UX999:

can I get the steps again on how to apply the firmware update on the Qm8888 apple pie box?

I tried the general steps at the start of this thread but my qm8888 just boots up as per normal
    How to upgrade the firmware for ApplePie:

Obtain the firmware upgrade package, the file named "update.zip", the file size is about 1.35G, copy update.zip to the TF card (directly in the root directory, no need to build a folder), no need to decompress, Then insert the upgrade card. The upgrade card does not have to be a blank card, and it does not have to be an upgrade file, that is, the TF card you use every day can be used as an upgrade card.

The system detects that there is an upgrade file in the card, a pop-up window will ask whether to upgrade, immediately (within 20 seconds) click the "Cancel" button to cancel the upgrade operation, please pull out the upgrade card; if you click "OK" or do nothing ( Wait 20 seconds for the timeout", the system will enter the upgrade operation.

First, copy the upgrade file to the internal storage space. The copy progress will go from 0% to 100%. After the copy is completed, the system will pop up a window prompting that it will automatically restart. At this point, you can observe the red indicator light of the box. When it starts to flash, you can already pull out the upgrade card. The remaining steps will be completed automatically. You just need to wait to enter the ApplePie interface again.

The entire upgrade process takes about 10 minutes.

Note: It is best not to power off during the upgrade process, and do not pull out the TF card during the process of copying the upgrade file to the internal memory. Of course, if the above situation occurs, ApplePie will not be damaged, and it will work normally after restarting. It's just that your upgrade process was cancelled this time, and the normal upgrade cannot be completed.
    i had an issue too with my qualcom apple Pie since weeks and contact them about it and no soultion till now .
    my issue after 25-05-2021 update i lose the sound out from my system on kia sorento 2015 and no app had sound at all like youtube or bluetooth or any other app , its like muted and what ever i do no sucsses .
    any body suffer this issue and how to solve it .
    thanks
    the last update 15/07/2021 solve all the issues related to no sound at all and other issues related to sound .
    thanks for the technical support for the help and solving the issues ...
    20210715 ApplePie Firmware:

New update 07-26-2021 for QM8888/UX999:

There is a new version (20210703) of the ApplePie firmware (for the Android 9 Qualcomm box). Got it from the seller on AliExpress:

Learn about some update details of the 20210703 version. Share with everyone.

Added support for some models, such as Mercedes S-Class.
    The user can turn off the "insert TF card, automatically copy log" function. An option is made in ApplePie Settings.
    Support one-key split screen.
    new update for qualcomm applepie from 09-06-2021

I got the 10-6-2021 version for Qualcomm Applepie Box:

New update for qualcomm dated 19-05-2021 I have not yet been able to test it thoroughly

IMG_20210519_171215.jpg

IMG_20210519_171315__01.jpg

Link to Drive:

Finally got my Qualcomm today!!