• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

What should the perfect carplay box look like or have?

• Floating Button

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • NavigationBar (with Autohide possibility)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Floating Button + NavigationBar (with Autohide possibility)

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Widgets

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Deleteable Icons

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Functioning Accessibility Service

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Root Accesss

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Better Audio Quality and no lags

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Recent Apps Button (for the CP)

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Possibilty to Autoupdate Firmware

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
May 27, 2021
I know that there are 2x bluetooth.
I also have CP600 and bluetooth audio and navigation instructions work perfectly there but C600 Launcher sucks sorry for the word used.
I hope for a quick solution.
W-LAN connection is also very, very bad and weak there is hardly any or slow internet. Tried with router and smartphone connection is very bad 🤔
In my Qualcomm box, the wifi signal is full and the signal is very good. But I usually use SIM card directly, 4G network. On the Qualcomm box, the white connector is the WiFi antenna. The distance in the car is so close, and the phone turns on the hot spot, there is no need to plug in another WiFi antenna. In fact, there are only a very thin wire for the wifi antenna of many devices.

gabyhsh

Jun 5, 2021
I know that there are 2x bluetooth.
I also have CP600 and bluetooth audio and navigation instructions work perfectly there but C600 Launcher sucks sorry for the word used.
I hope for a quick solution.
W-LAN connection is also very, very bad and weak there is hardly any or slow internet. Tried with router and smartphone connection is very bad 🤔
I have also used the CP600, and to be honest, the CP600's handling of various sounds is so unprofessional that there is no distinguishing between different types of sounds. The original version only produced one sound, and there was no mixing with the original sound or turning down the music. On that score, Qualcomm's Applepie box does a pretty good job.

Gonipower

Apr 27, 2009
In my Qualcomm box, the wifi signal is full and the signal is very good. But I usually use SIM card directly, 4G network. On the Qualcomm box, the white connector is the WiFi antenna. The distance in the car is so close, and the phone turns on the hot spot, there is no need to plug in another WiFi antenna. In fact, there are only a very thin wire for the wifi antenna of many devices.
I have located the W-LAN problem with my QM8888 and that is when I switch off Bluetooth on the smartphone or on the ApplePie, the internet works pretty well.
I hope this will bring the technicians further to fix the problem with both running at the same time.
The only problem remains with the Bluetooth player getting quieter when the navigation is talking 😃

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3

gallanh

Jun 13, 2021
Is there any relationship between Bluetooth and WLAN? Obviously there is no relationship between them. The smartphone turns on the hotspot, and ApplePie connects to the wifi hotspot on my smartphone. At the same time, the smart phone connects to ApplePie’s Bluetooth for Bluetooth phone calls and Bluetooth music. The two functions do not conflict at all, and I don't have any problems here.
I have located the W-LAN problem with my QM8888 and that is when I switch off Bluetooth on the smartphone or on the ApplePie, the internet works pretty well.
I hope this will bring the technicians further to fix the problem with both running at the same time.
The only problem remains with the Bluetooth player getting quieter when the navigation is talking 😃

May 27, 2021
I came to the conclusion just because of the following reason. After boot i have no audio lags at all for the first 3-5minutes if i just start the musicapp and do nothting. If i switch apps or some task in the background starts e.g. Playstoreupdates, the sound lags are starting to kick in. I monitored the CPU/RAM usage while this happens and the memory is just fine, but the cores of the qualcomm-chip are doing not so intelligent things, that maybe related to the audioproblems. it maybe a mixed problem, that starts with apps something writing to the internalmemory which triggers abnormal behaviour of the cores.
Seller weekly update version.

20210626 ApplePie Firmware

He said that this version completely solved the audio lag problem of some models. There is no audio lag problem with my car. You can download the upgrade and test it.

Reactions: LwannaCM

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Seller weekly update version.

20210626 ApplePie Firmware

He said that this version completely solved the audio lag problem of some models. There is no audio lag problem with my car. You can download the upgrade and test it.
Confirmed, no more audio Lags, but still the Problem that the sdcard is testet by the system after my Car shuts Off the applepie. Tried to disable it in Developer options. But finally i can use the applepie. Many thx to the Developers!!!

Gonipower

Apr 27, 2009
Is there any relationship between Bluetooth and WLAN? Obviously there is no relationship between them. The smartphone turns on the hotspot, and ApplePie connects to the wifi hotspot on my smartphone. At the same time, the smart phone connects to ApplePie’s Bluetooth for Bluetooth phone calls and Bluetooth music. The two functions do not conflict at all, and I don't have any problems here.
And do you have full internet right away? Both of them connect at the same time, but I only have internet when I switch off Bluetooth.

Slippinghoff

Jun 17, 2021
Does anyone know how where to set the set the cars OEM GPS on a CP600. I was using the UROID Version lately and for this version there´s a special app for it. I couldn´t find it on the latest version.
I found the menuitem with caption „Bedienungshilfen“ in German. Translation issue obviously. If you select this „Menu“ there You can change to cars OEM GPS

Reactions: LwannaCM

Top Liked Posts

Update CP600P 22-07-21
    New 07-31-2021 firmware for QM8888/UX999:

New update 07-26-2021 for QM8888/UX999:

i had an issue too with my qualcom apple Pie since weeks and contact them about it and no soultion till now .
    my issue after 25-05-2021 update i lose the sound out from my system on kia sorento 2015 and no app had sound at all like youtube or bluetooth or any other app , its like muted and what ever i do no sucsses .
    any body suffer this issue and how to solve it .
    thanks
    the last update 15/07/2021 solve all the issues related to no sound at all and other issues related to sound .
    thanks for the technical support for the help and solving the issues ...
    can I get the steps again on how to apply the firmware update on the Qm8888 apple pie box?

I tried the general steps at the start of this thread but my qm8888 just boots up as per normal
    How to upgrade the firmware for ApplePie:

Obtain the firmware upgrade package, the file named "update.zip", the file size is about 1.35G, copy update.zip to the TF card (directly in the root directory, no need to build a folder), no need to decompress, Then insert the upgrade card. The upgrade card does not have to be a blank card, and it does not have to be an upgrade file, that is, the TF card you use every day can be used as an upgrade card.

The system detects that there is an upgrade file in the card, a pop-up window will ask whether to upgrade, immediately (within 20 seconds) click the "Cancel" button to cancel the upgrade operation, please pull out the upgrade card; if you click "OK" or do nothing ( Wait 20 seconds for the timeout", the system will enter the upgrade operation.

First, copy the upgrade file to the internal storage space. The copy progress will go from 0% to 100%. After the copy is completed, the system will pop up a window prompting that it will automatically restart. At this point, you can observe the red indicator light of the box. When it starts to flash, you can already pull out the upgrade card. The remaining steps will be completed automatically. You just need to wait to enter the ApplePie interface again.

The entire upgrade process takes about 10 minutes.

Note: It is best not to power off during the upgrade process, and do not pull out the TF card during the process of copying the upgrade file to the internal memory. Of course, if the above situation occurs, ApplePie will not be damaged, and it will work normally after restarting. It's just that your upgrade process was cancelled this time, and the normal upgrade cannot be completed.
    20210715 ApplePie Firmware:

New 07-31-2021 firmware for QM8888/UX999:

New update 07-26-2021 for QM8888/UX999:

There is a new version (20210703) of the ApplePie firmware (for the Android 9 Qualcomm box). Got it from the seller on AliExpress:

Learn about some update details of the 20210703 version. Share with everyone.

Added support for some models, such as Mercedes S-Class.
    The user can turn off the "insert TF card, automatically copy log" function. An option is made in ApplePie Settings.
    Support one-key split screen.
    new update for qualcomm applepie from 09-06-2021

I got the 10-6-2021 version for Qualcomm Applepie Box:

New update for qualcomm dated 19-05-2021 I have not yet been able to test it thoroughly

IMG_20210519_171215.jpg

IMG_20210519_171315__01.jpg

Link to Drive: