Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread

jeffreytoronto

Oct 3, 2021
Wondering if someone can help/has similar issues?

ApplePie Mini/latest firmware (sept 2021). Works perfectly. But when I insert a SIM card, the device randomly reboots or on reboot it just goes into reboot loop (gets to the android Home Screen and reboots). If I pull SIM card, the device works perfectly again.

This behaviour started after a couple days using the device (with SIM card). For 2-3 days SIM card was working and data was working. I am also located in Canada (and know the chipset is primarily non-north America. But was getting 4G service before).

Wifi works fine/CarPlay works fine. Just the SIM seems to be an issue.

Afraid/not sure how to do a factory reset (no instructions on this and whether a factory reset means I will lose all the underlying settings/core stuff that came with it.... worried I will cause more issues via factory reset.

Has anyone encountered this SIM issue? Also could someone reply on how to perform a full factory reset to fresh install? (do you use the standard android factory reset? how do you make sure you don't lose custom android ApplePie OS stuff)

Thank you!

da2001

Oct 5, 2021
received the applepie mini. This device works way better than mmb version.

Got two problems:

- Audio quality is very bad against real carplay
- Track Information und Music Covers are not transported to the car. As i remain, mmb does this. Car always shows "unknown"

vuurvlinder

Sep 21, 2006
Meppel
Just wrote on the Navlynx facebook page:

Accessibility Service setting is not stored, is set to off after every reboot, please repair this in the next firmware. Also the audio focus is buggy when using Netflix or streaming TV, it loses audio focus after sometime or when HU of the car interrupts the playing audio/video. Some apps audio only works when playing media. So audio focus is a problem that also nedds to be fixed

atomix75!

Feb 6, 2021
Hi, I wanted to ask you where can I find firmware upgrade for a cp600 AI BOX with android 9 (I think fake) it is not the new cp600p.
Can I use android 7 based firmware

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Since it is basically a cp600 you can try to Just Update with Android 7 cp600 Upgrade. If it fails you can of course use Phoenixpro to completly flash it new with Android 7. You find all Tools on my androidfilehost repo.

necust

Sep 4, 2021
Hi,
is it possible to make imei repair of the product?
It is seem not possible for end users like us. If you can make an adb connection while a screen connected then you can try some imei repair methods. I tried connect with miracast screen mirroring but this devices has bug with miracast. There is only a green screen shown after connection. If I was connected properly next challenge was booting without screen. Because this devices try to make auto resulotion. I dont know what will do, If it can't found a screen. Probably it will don't show the desktop. So I think you need special hardware to make. Or if you not bought yet you can ask seller to set your imei number.

ra1qcw

Aug 26, 2015
I'm using rooted device, but firmware is old and i can't install update.zip now.
How to flash qm8888 after installing rooted firmware?

necust

Sep 4, 2021
Maybe it's time to root the updated firmware again. Can do it again who has done this before please?

atomix75!

Feb 6, 2021
I ask a technical question, can I write the image of the Cp600 P on that of the Cp 600, the chipsets seem identical, only the wifi changes, do you think it is feasible?

eyalin

Dec 2, 2010
I want to repack update.zip for ux-999 so I can add some system app and also change build.prop
But when I try to update with the new modified update.zip, I get error "The upgrade file is broken!"

Anyone encountered this?

chongman

Nov 9, 2015
I ask a technical question, can I write the image of the Cp600 P on that of the Cp 600, the chipsets seem identical, only the wifi changes, do you think it is feasible?
definitely many of us early adopters would've love to have the split screen faction. Look like the greedy manufactor want us to buy the new device rather than giving us anymore updates.

jollyboy1995

Dec 24, 2012
Hello everyone due to people having issues like bricking and such we need a full system image like a complete backup can people message there sellers or any sellers please provide that here for those who need it so as a backup for the people who have system booting issues or even bricking it will fix this and allow people to help people recover there devices and not have to throw them out

Last edited:
Reactions: LwannaCM

Top Liked Posts