Firmware for Carplay AI Boxes (Qualcomm/Rockchip/Allwinner) Android 7/9

Search This thread

newbie991

Jan 12, 2022
Issue - When the Mini starts up, the Mini OS displays with the Speedplay button. It then immediately launches AA without me touching the Speedplay button. Any way to stop the auto-launching of AA? I went into AA settings and changed it to "open if last used" and also changed the setting in ApplePie Settings ->Boot Up to "None" but AA is still autolaunching. Thanks.

chrisstavrou

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Hi all,
I bought the below item (may be in a hurry):

and I am wondering if i can use the firmware of QM8888.UX999_Android9-ApplePieCarplayBox.

This is a picture of the settings which look similar to other posts.
Screenshot from 2022-01-16 11-20-26.png

Any help would be great.

Thanks a lot
Chris

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007
Hi all,
I bought the below item (may be in a hurry):

and I am wondering if i can use the firmware of QM8888.UX999_Android9-ApplePieCarplayBox.

This is a picture of the settings which look similar to other posts.
View attachment 5509823
Any help would be great.

Thanks a lot
Chris
The hardware is the same so it should work with ux999 1.0 firmware. Always smart to make a backup first using the instructions on AFH.

skunkd

Jan 6, 2007
The hardware is the same so it should work with ux999 1.0 firmware.
Issue - When the Mini starts up, the Mini OS displays with the Speedplay button. It then immediately launches AA without me touching the Speedplay button. Any way to stop the auto-launching of AA? I went into AA settings and changed it to "open if last used" and also changed the setting in ApplePie Settings ->Boot Up to "None" but AA is still autolaunching. Thanks.
Shut your phones Bluetooth, then go into Speedplay app hit settings, turn off auto start on connect setting. Swipe Speedplay closed. Turn on your phones Bluetooth again.

chrisstavrou

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Thanks skunkd.
For the backup with instructions on AFH, as i am not familiar of what AFH is, could you please let me know the link i can look at ?
Thanks

stevej95

Oct 25, 2014
Android auto shows low quality and buttons are big even know I have 1080p turned on. on ux999 speedplay app

Rullomax

Jan 1, 2022
Hi everyone. I recently bought an MMB 11 Plus but I have a lot of problems, especially about the sound.
I tried doing the January 19th 2022 update in my MMB 11 PLus, but it always crashes at 91%t, as you can see in the attachment. Anyone have any suggestions to make?

acevalsl

Feb 5, 2005
Hi everyone. I recently bought an MMB 11 Plus but I have a lot of problems, especially about the sound.
I tried doing the January 19th 2022 update in my MMB 11 PLus, but it always crashes at 91%t, as you can see in the attachment. Anyone have any suggestions to make?
View attachment 5525471

MMB 11 Plus (Android 11)​

Different update method compared to other MMB models.
1. Unzip the downloaded folder using Windows computer. (If you are using a mac, try to make sure the USB is in FAT32 formatting).

2. Locate three files:
(1) “Apollo_L6R_Z-DH1_JM1_ota_xx.ZIP”
(2) “Apollo_L6R_Z-DH1_JM1_ota_xx.md5sum”
(3) "upgrade_auto"

3. Transfer these files onto a USB thumbdrive with FAT32 format.

4. With the USB plugged into the MMB, plug the MMB into your vehicle. The update will start automatically. If it does not, go into MMB settings -> update -> click renew.

5. Wait 1-2 minutes for the loader to go to 100% and for the MMB system to reboot. It will return to your original car menu, and upgrade with red LED light for 5-10 minutes (depending on your USB reading speed), finally rebooting into the Android 11 menu.

5a. If the LED stays solid red for more than 15 minutes, do not worry. Keep the USB flashdrive plugged into the MMB, then unplug the MMB. Replug the MMB immediately and wait 1-3 extra minutes. Wait and see if the system will work again.

Do not unplug the device or switch off your car power when the MMB LED is still red and updating. It will cause the MMB software to break.

Rullomax

Jan 1, 2022
Thanks for your suggestions. However I managed to upgrade. But very important: you have to download the update file from a Windows PC. downloaded with a Mac does not work and stops at 91%. At the first restart everything went Ok, but if I turn off the car and turn it on again after some time without unplugging the USB cable, this screen appears (which I am attaching). And it is not possible to continue. You have to reconnect the USB cable and reboot. Is there a solution to overcome this problem? Thank you.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 18.39.51.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 18.39.51.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 36

acevalsl

Feb 5, 2005
Thanks for your suggestions. However I managed to upgrade. But very important: you have to download the update file from a Windows PC. downloaded with a Mac does not work and stops at 91%. At the first restart everything went Ok, but if I turn off the car and turn it on again after some time without unplugging the USB cable, this screen appears (which I am attaching). And it is not possible to continue. You have to reconnect the USB cable and reboot. Is there a solution to overcome this problem? Thank you.
What model car do you have?

icemanm

Jun 23, 2020
Hi
I have an UX999 in my European Honda civic 2016+ with premium audio (physical DSP, 11 speakers)
I have sound issues in the form of random micro cuts of the music since I bought the UX999 in july 2021
I play music from the SDcard but tried from the internal memory too with same issue
The OEM player from the OEM headunit doesn't have any glitch
I tried the december 2021 update and the sound micro cuts continued
I tried several audio players (poweramp is my favourite) and all of them have the micro cuts
Now I am going to try the 19 january 2022 update and will report if the bug continues

edit: the bug continues

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts