• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Firmware for My Huawey Ascend y200 Please Help me

Search This thread

Asturcon

Jan 19, 2012
I format the phone in a mistake

I try to flash with german firmware but the phone says "Update failed"
the cwm still woks

Someone can give me the spanish firmware or a compatible one ?

Sorry for my bad english

Regards

Asturcon

Last edited:

cj119

Nov 7, 2009
ya bro im having the same prob.by mistake i format the boot loader and other things from clockworkmod rom.when it poweron it shows Huawei ascend start screen forever..plzz help!

stevewq

Sep 9, 2012
Kadina
Huawei Ascend Y200

I had the same issue with my huawei ascend y200 tried the german firmware but says the same thing, but can be fixed. Download the cleanbaserom recovery by doing a google search and typing "huawei ascend y200 custom rom" the first link should be a german site go into it preferbly using google chrome for translation, look in the forum for the cleanbaserom, then download the CWM-Backup.rar extract it to a folder in windows, download if you havnt already got the huawei ascend y200 drivers including fastboot and adb drivers, create a folder called ascend on your hard drive with the fastboot, adb drivers and the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img and recovery.img from the cleanbaserom folder to the ascend folder. Now holding the volume down button and the power button allow the phone to turn on keeping both buttons pressed for 15 seconds. Plug in your usb cable to your pc, open a command prompt with administrative privaliges and type the following commands:

cd\ascend

fastboot erase boot

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot flash system system.yaffs2.img

wait for the proccess to complete
then type

fastboot reboot

and your done your phone is now working again :)

I am a new user so wasnt able to post a direct link to the custom rom :)

Igor283

Jun 26, 2012
I had the same issue with my huawei ascend y200 tried the german firmware but says the same thing, but can be fixed. Download the cleanbaserom recovery by doing a google search and typing "huawei ascend y200 custom rom" the first link should be a german site go into it preferbly using google chrome for translation, look in the forum for the cleanbaserom, then download the CWM-Backup.rar extract it to a folder in windows, download if you havnt already got the huawei ascend y200 drivers including fastboot and adb drivers, create a folder called ascend on your hard drive with the fastboot, adb drivers and the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img and recovery.img from the cleanbaserom folder to the ascend folder. Now holding the volume down button and the power button allow the phone to turn on keeping both buttons pressed for 15 seconds. Plug in your usb cable to your pc, open a command prompt with administrative privaliges and type the following commands:

cd\ascend

fastboot erase boot

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot erase system

then type

fastboot reboot

I receive a message error "fastboot flash system system.yaffs2.img....FAILED (remote: data to large)
Please help!!

docix

Mar 5, 2013
I receive a message error "fastboot flash system system.yaffs2.img....FAILED (remote: data to large)
Please help!!

cd\ascend

fastboot erase boot

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot erase system

then type

fastboot reboot

im new member so if i have some mistakes sorry... i try this metod and im still stuck on huawei ascend logo, everything if complete but phone cant boot, if anyone have some solution pls post