Firmware for the Flytouch II - ver 2.1-update1 v1.9:#2852

Search This thread

molecular2

Dec 4, 2010
St.Austell, CORNWALL
Clarification please!

Having previously updated via SD card, also by using Burntool via USB cable, it appears to me that this ROM needs a slightly different approach!!!!
From the above posts the Instructions found in the Word file from the Chinese are in fact INCORRECT -- ? is that true?
Is it the correct way to do Step 4 FIRST ? i.e. to flash the existing pad's system with u-boot-nand.bin using "expert burn?
Then to carry out Step 1 LAST? i.e. to flash the amended pad system with the file WWWE10B_Android_393477-v9full.ius using the "easy burn"?
In this way the Steps 2 & 3 are NOT used?

Sorry to be pedantic - and long winded - but I do not want to 'brick' the pad, plus it might help others!!

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007
Having previously updated via SD card, also by using Burntool via USB cable, it appears to me that this ROM needs a slightly different approach!!!!
From the above posts the Instructions found in the Word file from the Chinese are in fact INCORRECT -- ? is that true?
Is it the correct way to do Step 4 FIRST ? i.e. to flash the existing pad's system with u-boot-nand.bin using "expert burn?
Then to carry out Step 1 LAST? i.e. to flash the amended pad system with the file WWWE10B_Android_393477-v9full.ius using the "easy burn"?

Sorry to be pedantic - and long winded - but I do not want to 'brick' the pad, plus it might help others!!

Yes that is correct. I used the U0 for 0V2655 and had to reflash the 0V2655 after flashing the rom for the camera to work. So do a step 4 step 1 step 4

hope that this helps.

Reactions: molecular2

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
stragulus says : Flashing U0 is risky..

Chinese word file says....

"After burning, if the camera Huaping, please use the tool to re-burn a U0, in the document package we provide two Tablets of the camera, so please try each,
will be OK!"

LOL.. I vote that stragulus knows what he is saying..

So please beaware that before you go ahead and play with this Rom that you follow the correct instructions in this thread and still be prepared that you could brick your Pad.. If you are unsure.. hang back for a few weeks until someone gets a quick fix going..

@Stragulus - re: jtag.cable...God, I am thinking what your basement or hobby room looks like..
I am thinking stacks of old electronics sitting in corners from years gone by..:)

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/hardware/jtag.cable

stragulus

May 9, 2010
stragulus says : Flashing U0 is risky..

@Stragulus - re: jtag.cable...God, I am thinking what your basement or hobby room looks like..
I am thinking stacks of old electronics sitting in corners from years gone by..:)

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/hardware/jtag.cable

It's not that bad (anymore), just a single cabinet. ;)

But yeah, there's been times where I had a shed full of crap, nowadays I just preserve the things I really cared about.

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
additions to lasted Rom

Stragulus,

Have a look at this post on the first page.. no 6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11064905&postcount=6

I am keeping my experience with playing with the rom in there.. but it is showing that it can be tweaked..Software and Hardware.. in fact to my mind and if I could program this is how I would want the Rom to be..
Bummer we couldn't just re-engineer the best of these programs and roll them into one Rom.

Re: old junk.. yes understand.. if I wasn't jumping countries for work the last 10 years I would have a shed of crap.. interesting enough I was watching a program just how much this old junk is worth.. going off topic a bit with the lack of rare earths the Japanese have a way of melting it all down and separation of the bits they need..

As promised some screen shots of using ADW

1zlgfo2.jpg

6r62c1.jpg

iw6o14.jpg

33eo6qo.jpg

2heh73s.jpg

Miss not having Multitasking going.. but I can't figure out what to kill in the boot process so it doesn't force close..
Tested VPN services too.. at this stage I cant connect as per the same settings in my phone.. will have a play..

Last edited:

Jogor

Jan 4, 2011
OnePlus 9
I installed this update, but swedish language/locale was missing and only free apps worked in Market, so I went back to 1623.

Sent from my deb using Tapatalk

dfdtitmouse

Oct 25, 2010
Updated firmware, works ok

Just completed updating the firmware - easy to follow instructions.

Trying to "root" the system, Z4root no longer works - needs USB debugging, which is not included with the firmware.

Any suggested rooting programs?

dfdtitmouse

Oct 25, 2010
Finally rooted

Never mind my previous post, finally got the unit rooted using Universal Androot (able to use Root Explorer, examined all the init files, etc.).

So far so good, haven't used the camera yet (might/might not work - used OV).

dugeroow

Jan 21, 2011
Stability issues

Hi!

I have pretty new device. I got it on Thursday. Device came to me in a white SuperPAD box. After playing one night with it I decided to update this newest firmware. Original was v1560 or something.

Now I've noticed that my device is quite unstable. If I don't use my pad it stays up with no problem at all, but in continuous use (surfing, vnc) it seems to crash after 1/2 hours or something. Some times earlier, some times later, but about after 1/2 ours. I have tried to run some stability test app that I found from market and my record is 28mins with it. After that my device totally freezes and I have to reboot it. Poorest result with that tool was under 3 minutes!

I don't know if my device had this problem out of the box but with the original firmare there was zero crashes. Anyway I had original firmware only a couple of hours installed with no heavy usage so I can't be sure if it had this problem already.

Any suggests or solutions? Does anybody else have this problem?

Thanks.

RikkiBalboa

Jul 18, 2010
I was wondering whether someone form the gurus could have transformed the existing 2852 firm into a one upgradable vias a SD card (in the form of update.zip). I am afraid i will not dare do all this complicated steps (seeing already 3 owners of bricked flytouches). Thank you!

I second this request. I've tried creating a file for sd (like update.zip) but iuw doesn't recognize the sd-card. Exporting, building to the sd-card isn't an option for me.

I 'upgraded' to the latest version voor flytouch (1623) with update.zip, but altough it is a much more stable firmware my pad came with, it keeps nagging about registering (I didn't have an registry key in the box) and apps are worse than original firmware. I had the sawee firmware, i think the version was the one prior to this experimental one.

So updating using sd would really be helpful, hope someone can explain how it's done or create an update.zip. Thanks in advance!

Philli

Jun 15, 2007
Hi!

I have pretty new device. I got it on Thursday. Device came to me in a white SuperPAD box. After playing one night with it I decided to update this newest firmware. Original was v1560 or something.

Now I've noticed that my device is quite unstable. If I don't use my pad it stays up with no problem at all, but in continuous use (surfing, vnc) it seems to crash after 1/2 hours or something. Some times earlier, some times later, but about after 1/2 ours. I have tried to run some stability test app that I found from market and my record is 28mins with it. After that my device totally freezes and I have to reboot it. Poorest result with that tool was under 3 minutes!

I don't know if my device had this problem out of the box but with the original firmare there was zero crashes. Anyway I had original firmware only a couple of hours installed with no heavy usage so I can't be sure if it had this problem already.

Any suggests or solutions? Does anybody else have this problem?

Thanks.

After I installed that version my device had the same problems as yours. So if you put the old firmware back your device will be stable again. Mine is.

dfdtitmouse

Oct 25, 2010
Went back to 1623

Well, it worked fine for a while (rooted device, added additional programs to enhance memory, kill startup programs, etc.), but the unit started to act really flaky yesterday, especially when running Angry Birds (constant crashing).

Went back to 1623, no problems (unit feels more responsive now with the new "Uboot", or bootloader).

Seems that this firmware is an engineering sample - I think I will wait until the "official" firmware is brought on-line and update then.

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
Charging issues

This Rom seems to have fixed the "charge down" problem..

(as mentioned on 1170 Rom, if you full charge then leave it on the charger it will drain back to no charge)

or maybe all of the new updates have fixed this problem..

anyone else still having problems with this or experience a better charging cycle?

kpdiemaussie

Jun 20, 2009
Hi

I bought the 10.2" ePad X220 FlyTouch2 Android 2.1 WiFi GPS Touch Screen MID Tablet PC 1024x600 USB2.0 1080P HDMI

At the begining everythings worked very well, but the second day, I have a problem with the WIFI, doesnt connect anymore to my network, it said "Unable to scan for network".

I did some research and the result said it is a problem with the "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf", so I deleted it and reboot, and the file recreate by itself but still have the same problem.

I read somewhere else, it can be a ROM/firmware problem. So I upgrade my firmware

After I upgrade manually my firmware from deb-r2.1.1480 to deb-r2.1.1568, still the same problem but I have 2 new problems:
- Registration code that is behind the epad doesnt work even I am connected to internet with a connection with network cable RJ45, it always say failed (no idea because it have to be by wifi because wifi still doesnt work)
- at the reboot of the epad, there is like a sun/sunset and an earth turning by himself to show that it is loading, it have some line behind the sun now, I remember that I didnt have these line before I upgraded the firmware.

any chance you know the reason for all these problem?

For more information about the spec:

When I bought it
At the begining it show Infotmic 0.6.1.5 (520)
deb-r2.1.1480

After update
At the begining it show Infotmic 0.6.1.5 (585)
deb-r2.1.1561

I tried all these update and still doesnt solve at least my wifi problem
deb-r2.1.1480
deb-r2.1.1561
deb-r2.1.1568
deb-r2.1.1623
version 2.1-update1 v1.9:#2852
version 2.1-update1 V2.2 3245

Since I am on the Infotmic 0.6.1.5 (585)
My epad freeze many times after I go on the internet by the RJ45 cable and unplug. I tried to go back to 0.6.1.5(520) or 0.6.1.2 but doesnt work, even if I flash to some old version of firmware. Any one know how to go back? I even try many time to wipe the cache partition and wipe data/factory reset, nothing happen

The version 2852 and 3245 look very nice but I am from Australia, is it normal that I don't have the choice of Australia in the weather Widget?

Thank you to let me know if you have any clues about all theses problems.

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes that is correct. I used the U0 for 0V2655 and had to reflash the 0V2655 after flashing the rom for the camera to work. So do a step 4 step 1 step 4

hope that this helps.