Firmware from SM-T377P on AT&T SM-T377A Tab E?

Search This thread

rogvid700

Feb 6, 2014
Dallas, TX
I was just curious if it was at all possible to flash the firmware from the T377P model to the AT&T model (T377A) because it seems like most of the development is for the T377P. Has anyone achieved this yet or attempted flashing any other model's firmware to the T377A?

Reactions: Drogba09

Wish39

Jan 13, 2015
Flashing SM-T377P firmware on a SM-T377A wouldnt work, because the T377P uses a Snapdragon 410, not an Exynos 3475 like the T377A uses. Flashing SM-T377T (T-Mobile) firmware might work, since it uses the same Exynos CPU as the T377A

rogvid700

Feb 6, 2014
Dallas, TX
Flashing SM-T377P firmware on a SM-T377A wouldnt work, because the T377P uses a Snapdragon 410, not an Exynos 3475 like the T377A uses. Flashing SM-T377T (T-Mobile) firmware might work, since it uses the same Exynos CPU as the T377A

I'm just curious what the best alternative firmware would be to flash (if possible at all) on this tablet because there's absolutely zero development on the AT&T variant (T377A) of the Tab E. Preferably a firmware that's been successfully rooted, etc.

Wish39

Jan 13, 2015
I'm just curious what the best alternative firmware would be to flash (if possible at all) on this tablet because there's absolutely zero development on the AT&T variant (T377A) of the Tab E. Preferably a firmware that's been successfully rooted, etc.

Unfortunately nothing can be developed for the T377A because the bootloader on that variant is locked, so that means we can't do anything to the device, even with Odin. If there was a way to convert a T377A to a T377T, or if there is engineering firmware for the T377A, then maybe development is possible.

On another note, I found somebody's backup of the Nougat firmware for the T377A: https://mega.nz/#!eHJSUCoZ!54BXNlvrL6RJfEHzS4qNOj3eqwCpxSrzrI2l_IqHe84
Contains the AP, BL, CP and CSC files.

DirtyMaxTv

Sep 11, 2018
Unfortunately nothing can be developed for the T377A because the bootloader on that variant is locked, so that means we can't do anything to the device, even with Odin. If there was a way to convert a T377A to a T377T, or if there is engineering firmware for the T377A, then maybe development is possible.

On another note, I found somebody's backup of the Nougat firmware for the T377A: https://mega.nz/#!eHJSUCoZ!54BXNlvrL6RJfEHzS4qNOj3eqwCpxSrzrI2l_IqHe84
Contains the AP, BL, CP and CSC files.
see if you can find this firmware t377aucs3brb1

Drogba09

Nov 2, 2018
Tab E Samsung SM T377a AT&T Firmware Android N 7.1 2018

Stock Odín flesheo

Last edited:

JonnStevens77

Dec 31, 2018
New Orleans
Need help with FRP for Galaxy Tab E SM-T377A

I have no clue what my email or password is for my tablet, I got messed up and started changing things and now I just want to find out how I can just boot from SD a fresh ROM or something.

Titaneros

Apr 17, 2016
I was just curious if it was at all possible to flash the firmware from the T377P model to the AT&T model (T377A) because it seems like most of the development is for the T377P. Has anyone achieved this yet or attempted flashing any other model's firmware to the T377A?

I have same Tablet AT&T model (T377A) bootloader is locked ! Its not posibel to root neither use custiom roms or other firmware!

I unlocked the tablet sucesfully but Im stuck cause voice calls arent available with other carriers...

Jenbah

Aug 8, 2019
I have same Tablet AT&T model (T377A) bootloader is locked ! Its not posibel to root neither use custiom roms or other firmware!

I unlocked the tablet sucesfully but Im stuck cause voice calls arent available with other carriers...

Can you please describe what you did to unlock it? I've tried 1000 things and nothing seems to work

Reactions: riley646

jimdot

May 21, 2020
You have to request the unlock code from AT&T, there's a slight difference between doing it for phones from your own plan or someone else's phone (you received as a gift or purchased second hand). They walk you through the process for each type of equipment so it's relatively smooth.. I just want to remove the bloatware and have a security update more recent than tree years old. This is my main gripe with AT&T, stuck with questionable bloatware and a vulnerable version of Android (and it's locked down so tight no one can fix it on their own).

buffaloquinn

You have to request the unlock code from AT&T, there's a slight difference between doing it for phones from your own plan or someone else's phone (you received as a gift or purchased second hand). They walk you through the process for each type of equipment so it's relatively smooth.. I just want to remove the bloatware and have a security update more recent than tree years old. This is my main gripe with AT&T, stuck with questionable bloatware and a vulnerable version of Android (and it's locked down so tight no one can fix it on their own).
More details would be nice. A lot of us have been desperate to do something with this tablet.

Reactions: riley646

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PW is windows4droid

Can you please describe what you did to unlock it? I've tried 1000 things and nothing seems to work
    So you were able to unlock the bootloader by following an AT&T tech over the phone?
    More details would be nice. A lot of us have been desperate to do something with this tablet.