[Firmware] Junsun V1 8667Q - 8G/128G VHD QLED

Search This thread

robfox1975

Apr 26, 2022
Its been suggested that I need a memory dump and preloader, does anyone with one of these 8667 units have one or able to make one?

didko84

Nov 11, 2022
Ok I made it.

Install my FW _ Junsun send it to me in november 22
Link is active till 18.12.2022

Reactions: MaxuBo

wybitny2

Feb 3, 2010
Anyone have newer firmware for Junsun ?. My salesman is not talking, I will be grateful

wybitny2

Feb 3, 2010
Ok I made it.

Install my FW _ Junsun send it to me in november 22
Link is active till 18.12.2022

here is a newer firmware 8667Q军灿UI02-国外-VHD720x1280_v23_20220801 you need to look for

didko84

Nov 11, 2022
Which one is newer and better ?
What mean this resolution

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_195424.jpg
    IMG_20221204_195424.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

wybitny2

Feb 3, 2010
Which one is newer and better ?
What mean this resolution
What I write is not necessary to suggest it, what matters is what is inside the software, Vendor.img is there build.prop, it is the same as for Junsun radio. Is v23 any difference between v22, I don't know, but this software is stable, nothing wrong with it. I see that there are different software here, you have to be careful what you download, the radio will get a black screen after bad software, it is salvageable. When everything works, it's better not to change anything

Reactions: didko84

robfox1975

Apr 26, 2022
What I write is not necessary to suggest it, what matters is what is inside the software, Vendor.img is there build.prop, it is the same as for Junsun radio. Is v23 any difference between v22, I don't know, but this software is stable, nothing wrong with it. I see that there are different software here, you have to be careful what you download, the radio will get a black screen after bad software, it is salvageable. When everything works, it's better not to change anything
In theory it is salvagable but not always in practice...I have tried every single firmware out there, I have tried removing the radio fuse before every attempt, I have tried different usb drives in both slots. I have tried the correct procedure at least 200 times in the last week. I am now convinced the usb slots are just not reading and that I need to recover in a way using sp flash tool with a full memory dump(scatter file, bootloader etc) from a 8667 unit, like in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-firmware-brick-recovery-for-7-android-head-unit-ac8227l-yt9217-yt9218-1-16gb.3931863/ but with an mtk8667 memory dump, but I cannot find one anywhere on the internet and even extracting the 8667.bin files does not give me a scatter file or preloader.

The seller will not help saying not their problem, and that 12 month warranty is a typing error and ebay refuses to help...looks like I will have to buy a new unit

• Sad
Reactions: MaxuBo and wybitny2

robfox1975

Apr 26, 2022
@MaxuBo

I have been told to try this method here to attemp to connect via ADB I wont get time to try tonight but I wanted to share it in case it helps

h2official

Apr 15, 2016
In theory it is salvagable but not always in practice...I have tried every single firmware out there, I have tried removing the radio fuse before every attempt, I have tried different usb drives in both slots. I have tried the correct procedure at least 200 times in the last week. I am now convinced the usb slots are just not reading and that I need to recover in a way using sp flash tool with a full memory dump(scatter file, bootloader etc) from a 8667 unit, like in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-firmware-brick-recovery-for-7-android-head-unit-ac8227l-yt9217-yt9218-1-16gb.3931863/ but with an mtk8667 memory dump, but I cannot find one anywhere on the internet and even extracting the 8667.bin files does not give me a scatter file or preloader.

The seller will not help saying not their problem, and that 12 month warranty is a typing error and ebay refuses to help...looks like I will have to buy a new unit
@robfox1975

Hi! I myself tried to dump the firmware (to easily try the updates without reinstalling the customizations) unfortunately without success.
I tried to connect with usb, but I couldn't detect anything under linux or windows. I have tested, I think, all versions of SP Flash and all drivers available on the internet. USB 4 pins, 6pins, debug ON/OFF in developpers and secrets options... No result neither ADB wired nor SP Flash detect.
I also tried to do it by ADB in wifi, I manage to connect, unfortunately impossible to have the root access to save the partitions directly. As long as we don't have root access or the possibility to install a custom recovery (twrp or others), it will be complicated to play with the firmwares easily.
I'm still sure that there must be a wired access, at least for the development tests and the factory installation. Maybe a cable connected to another terminal? Or a key combination to activate the USB debugging...?
I'll probably try to open "the beast" in a few months to see inside if I find a serial port, but for the moment I'd rather avoid opening it (it works 😅).
If you feel motivated and confident, maybe you can open yours and share some pictures of the inside?

Reactions: Rradistt

robfox1975

Apr 26, 2022
@robfox1975

Hi! I myself tried to dump the firmware (to easily try the updates without reinstalling the customizations) unfortunately without success.
I tried to connect with usb, but I couldn't detect anything under linux or windows. I have tested, I think, all versions of SP Flash and all drivers available on the internet. USB 4 pins, 6pins, debug ON/OFF in developpers and secrets options... No result neither ADB wired nor SP Flash detect.
I also tried to do it by ADB in wifi, I manage to connect, unfortunately impossible to have the root access to save the partitions directly. As long as we don't have root access or the possibility to install a custom recovery (twrp or others), it will be complicated to play with the firmwares easily.
I'm still sure that there must be a wired access, at least for the development tests and the factory installation. Maybe a cable connected to another terminal? Or a key combination to activate the USB debugging...?
I'll probably try to open "the beast" in a few months to see inside if I find a serial port, but for the moment I'd rather avoid opening it (it works 😅).
If you feel motivated and confident, maybe you can open yours and share some pictures of the inside?
I think im more ready to drop it off a large cliff.

robfox1975

Apr 26, 2022
@robfox1975

this maybe worth a read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html

or this https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If Junsun, I posted a link. you have to know 100% that it's Junsun, otherwise it will be a brick. Download the app, throw in what processor, but even if you throw it, I'm not sure if it's Junsun. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw&hl=pl&gl=US
    And please note that Junsun sells it's devices with different platforms/CPU. You have to be sure you really have a 8667Q unit. Maybe you have a MTK8257.
    can anyone link the firmware 8667Q 军灿 UI02- 外国-1280x720_v23_20221121? thank you
    8667Q军灿UI02-国外-1280x720_v23_20221121 https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atz6rzSxowxlkq9_W9jNbwQpXVzELQ?e=IQbNGN
    its software can not be found ?Because the seller doesn't answer me
    You can try this XRC-8667 升级软件 Q腾实UI多合一-国外-1280x720_v32_20220223.zip from here https://we.tl/t-UeDC40i6Ul
    my 8667 unit was from brogotek but note the XRC which to me means XONRICH, I think mine is simply a XONRICH unit rebranded as the UI is exactly the same
    I'm not saying it will work but it might and please I accept no responsibility if it bricks
    1. download from link
    2. extract zip to get 2 files 8667.bin and 8667.upd
    3. Place 2 files on root of a fat32 formatted usb drive
    4. place usb drive in 6 pin slot
    5. hold reset(RST) on unit and power on, then release RST and tap screen, it should come up detected and read the files and update
    I also take no responsibility for this software. I realized that Chinese manufacturers protect their software, there is another entry in Ossuret, another in Xonrich. I do not have the original software to compare, I do not take responsibility. There is a chance that this is the software for Xonrich but not convinced.
    Absolutely true of course. I know the brick on mine was caused by mixing a wrong upd file with a different bin file, but before the brick I had successfully installed this software which I am pretty sure is xonrich. Also had installed ossuret and Xtrons and both ran and installed ok...I even had a junsun firmware installed ok but did not display propperly
    It seems @Davide0306 cannot get a reply from his seller and his machine is not booting so the only way to fix this is to reinstall firmware, if he cannot get a reply from his seller then it may be best to try the software I linked as looking at his machine from the aliexpress link the UI is exactly the same as mine came with. Obviously you and I both know there is risk involved but if his unit wont boot and no reply from seller then he may have no other choice.
    However with it being the christmas period I would wait until after January the 3rd as the seller may be on holiday. Best advice I can give is to message seller again on 3rd January, if still no reply then maybe risk using XRC-8667 升级软件 Q腾实UI多合一-国外-1280x720_v32_20220223 I linked above. Unfortunately it seems these chinese sellers do not give good aftersales service a lot of the time. When my unit broke they did not reply to me, I have now removed the unit and a friend is trying to fix it. If it cannot be fixed I will buy a replacement from xtrons or junsun, I definitely want another 8667 unit
    Is the command
    Code:
    su @#zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop1234567890,.
    to get a root shell not working on 8667Q? If it's working I have no idea why you want to root the already semi-rooted system.
    Hi,

This su command works on 8667Q FW, I tested it!

Bernard
    D
    Deleted member 12277353
    cóż, nie wygląda to interesująco
    Well, I posted it because noone else did and I had it on me. There is no other reason.
    D
    Deleted member 12277353
    Hi! I just received this new firmware from seller, maybe it will help someone :) . I got the 8GB+128GB radio, horizontal screen.
    The software will be uploaded within 20 minutes after posting this comment, it's still uploading, please be patient:)
    to wszystko, co mam, nie zrobiłem więcej zdjęć

to wszystko, co mam, nie zrobiłem więcej zdjęć
    dzięki za zdjęcie

Mod translation via GT: thanks for the photo
    After testing Ossuret 9 I can conclude:
    + The radio is muted correctly with voice commands from the navigation, with Junsun UI2 does not mute the radio enough.
    + All applications work including the small navigation window, but it is too small for Waze for example.
    -It works an idea more unstable than Junsun UI2, google assistant crashes(app stop working) on first use and once system crashed and didn't reacted any clicks.