Development [Firmware] Mi 11 Lite 4G [courbet] [Auto updated!]

Search This thread

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Xiaomi custom users face a problem with firmware updates. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release, and developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here comes Xiaomi Firmware Updater project:

Xiaomi Firmware Updater (Mi 11 Lite 4G)

jSIVrRy.png
Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What is Xiaomi Firmware Updater?
A set of various scripts that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files for every MIUI new update! My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global, EEA, India, and China, extract firmware either from the firmware-update folder or from update payload, generate firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to multiple servers. These scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every X hours.

Notes:
Firmware filenames for this device are in the following manner:
  • fw_courbet_miui_COURBETGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 4G (courbet) Global firmware.
  • fw_courbet_miui_COURBETEEAGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 4G (courbet) EEA Global firmware.
  • fw_courbet_miui_COURBETINGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 4G (courbet) India Global firmware.

Downloads
You can get updates always from various mirrors available on the website:

Frequently Asked Questions:
What is firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?
Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.

Why should I update the Firmware?
Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!

Do I need to update the Firmware If I'm an MIUI official or a custom ROM user?
No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.

What are the supported devices?
All Snapdragon and MTK devices including China-only devices.
Check the full devices list here

How to update the firmware?
1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.

How to check the updated firmware?
Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Support or Contact:
Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on the GitHub repository or just write here in a reply, and we’ll help you sort it out.

Source Code:
- GitHub
- Main project thread

Donations:
A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open-source, that cost money, time, and many efforts.

XiaomiFirmwareUpdater and MIUIUpdatesTracker scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using:

Reactions: mzcl-mn and VD171

maimra

Sep 19, 2012
Lahore
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Xiaomi custom users face a problem with firmware updates. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release, and developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here comes Xiaomi Firmware Updater project:

jSIVrRy.png
Code:
#include
/*
*/

A set of various scripts that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files for every MIUI new update! My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global, EEA, India, and China, extract firmware either from the firmware-update folder or from update payload, generate firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to multiple servers. These scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every X hours.

Notes:
  • fw_courbet_miui_COURBETGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 4G (courbet) Global firmware.
  • fw_courbet_miui_COURBETEEAGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 4G (courbet) EEA Global firmware.
  • fw_courbet_miui_COURBETINGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 4G (courbet) India Global firmware.

Downloads

Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.

Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!

No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.

1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.

Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Support or Contact:
Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on the GitHub repository or just write here in a reply, and we’ll help you sort it out.

Source Code:
- GitHub
- Main project thread

Donations:
A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open-source, that cost money, time, and many efforts.

XiaomiFirmwareUpdater and MIUIUpdatesTracker scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using:
There is no Custom recovery yet release to flash firmware

mzcl-mn

Dec 11, 2011
CBT
Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
(...)
Hi, thank you for your work!

One question: is there any need for a vendor image update for mi11lite4g?

Thanks

mzcl-mn

Dec 11, 2011
CBT
Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
This depends on the custom ROM, if it uses pre-built vendor you will have to update vendor once the ROM fw+vendor requirement changes.
@yshalsager : thank you for your answer.

Did you produce that vendor image file for mi11lite4G (courbet) as a single file? If not how could we have access to that vendor partition? Do we have to extract it from stock ROM ourselves?

Thanks!

yshalsager

Recognized Developer

Did you produce that vendor image file for mi11lite4G (courbet) as a single file? If not how could we have access to that vendor partition? Do we have to extract it from stock ROM ourselves?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, Mi-vendor-updater project is no longer maintained (was maintained by another person), so you can use my Flashable Firmware Creator tool to extract fw+vendor on your own. I will try to revive vendor updater project soon.

Reactions: mzcl-mn

mzcl-mn

Dec 11, 2011
CBT
Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Unfortunately, Mi-vendor-updater project is no longer maintained (was maintained by another person), so you can use my Flashable Firmware Creator tool to extract fw+vendor on your own. I will try to revive vendor updater project soon.
Ok thank you!

One last question (probably too much unrelated, but I'll ask it anyway...):

In your opinion/experience would the lack of vendor image be the origin of product partition/mounting errors during TWRP operations/flashings or these TWRP product errors shown at TWRP are related to some other issues and not caused by that particular vendor image absence?

I'm currently on Latest @Golbinex crdroid ROM, and he mentioned the need for that vendor image/partition at its flashing instructions post.

Presently I'm facing issues with Google assistant not being triggered with the ok/hey Google voice command...

Cheers!

FortMike

Jun 18, 2016
This depends on the custom ROM, if it uses pre-built vendor you will have to update vendor once the ROM fw+vendor requirement changes.
Because of my inexperience with vendor partition/flashing i'm not quite sure i understand what you mean, can you be more clear please?

i'm interested because following the instructions to install any of the custom ROM available, you are required to flash original firmware + vendor first.

i was on stock ROM and i was able to skip this step, but what if i want to try another custom ROM? do i need to flash fw + vendor first? and it's required some wipes or format some partitions after the fashing?

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Because of my inexperience with vendor partition/flashing i'm not quite sure i understand what you mean, can you be more clear please?

i'm interested because following the instructions to install any of the custom ROM available, you are required to flash original firmware + vendor first.

i was on stock ROM and i was able to skip this step, but what if i want to try another custom ROM? do i need to flash fw + vendor first? and it's required some wipes or format some partitions after the fashing?
As you was on stock, you don't have to flash, and same goes for switching ROMs, which requires wiping just data+cache and flashing the new rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

jSIVrRy.png
    Code:
    #include
    /*
    */

Notes:

Downloads

Support or Contact:

Source Code:
    - GitHub
    - Main project thread

Donations:

Is anyone intend to develope custom recovery for Mi 11 Lite 4G?
    I suppose patience is the key. I believe the phone was just released in India, hopefully will be seeing someone sooner or later.

Thanks!