Xiaomi custom users face a problem with firmware updates. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release, and developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here comes Xiaomi Firmware Updater project:
Xiaomi Firmware Updater (Mi 11 Lite 5G)
What is Xiaomi Firmware Updater?
A set of various scripts that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files for every MIUI new update!
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global, EEA, India, and China, extract firmware either from the firmware-update folder or from update payload, generate firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to multiple servers. These scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every X hours.
Firmware filenames for this device are in the following manner:
- fw_renoir_miui_RENOIR_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 5G (renoir) China firmware.
- fw_renoir_miui_RENOIRGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 5G (renoir) Global firmware.
- fw_renoir_miui_RENOIREEAGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 5G (renoir) EEA Global firmware.
- fw_renoir_miui_RENOIRINGlobal_*.zip is Mi 11 Lite 5G (renoir) India Global firmware.
You can get updates always from various mirrors available on the website:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?
Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.
Why should I update the Firmware?
Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!
Do I need to update the Firmware If I'm an MIUI official or a custom ROM user?
No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.
What are the supported devices?
All Snapdragon and MTK devices including China-only devices.
Check the full devices list here
How to update the firmware?
1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.
How to check the updated firmware?
Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.
Support or Contact:
Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on the GitHub repository or just write here in a reply, and we’ll help you sort it out.
- Main project thread
A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open-source, that cost money, time, and many efforts.
scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using: