firmware.mobi

Search This thread

AdrianShepherd

Feb 11, 2019
Can't seem to root Samsung A3

Hi,

Very new to rooting, hope someone can help.

I have tried to root my Samsung A3 2016 (A310F), which is running Android 7.0, using CF Auto Root (because my research told me it was the best option for newbies and would keep things simple).

I configured and downloaded the package from firmware.mobi, and made sure the settings on the phone were as required.

I have followed the readme exactly as written.

Odin log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> cache.img
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/005> RES OK !!
<ID:0/005> Remain Port .... 0
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!

My phone simply reboots into the normal mode after this process is complete (after about 30 seconds) and the phone is not rooted.

Root Checker has verified that the phone is not rooted.

What am I doing wrong?

xda_forums_account

May 26, 2018
Overall CF-Auto-Root generation script is broken on firmware.mobi

https:\\desktop.firmware.mobi\device:51\firmware:5282\download\t0.cfar\queue
(can not yet paste links directly in my post as a new user so I substituted / with \ in the above link)

Download queued

The file you requested is being generated.
Current status:
ERROR
Estimated wait:
NOT APPLICABLE

Our servers only store files in their base format. If a file is requested in a different format or as part of a package, the download may need to be (re)generated. The result is cached for some time, but if you're seeing this message, it means a cached version was not available, and it needs to be recreated.

This page will refresh periodically, and the download will begin automatically once available.

menachg

Sep 22, 2015
hey I'm sorry for the vague description I'm a novice in rooting(I did it succesfully to other phones but never on a samsung phone)
I tried rooting samsung s7(sm-g930f) with cf auto-root,odin said pass and had the green button but when I looked on the phone it had a warning telling me I have to factory reset.
so I did.(it was already reset before so I didn't mind)
I don't think it went into recovery mode and did the all red android logo thing(I'm not sure I was looking at the computer screen and when I said pass it showed me the warning and factory reset message etc)
the phone is now without supersu and knox is tripped.
but now I get a warning all the time "unauthorized actions have been detected",and says I need to reset phone.
also I think I can't get ota updates anymore.
so I figured it messed up the recovery partition.
what I'm not sure is:
is the partition corrupt now
or the modified recovery is just waiting for me to go into recovery mode to root and flash stock recovery
I'm not really sure how cf auto-root works
I'm afraid if I go into recovery mode and it's all messed up I get stuck in some screen or bootloop and make the all thing worse
I will really appreciate someone to give me some more insight into this issue

Last edited:

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
hey I'm sorry for the vague description I'm a novice in rooting(I did it succesfully to other phones but never on a samsung phone)
I tried rooting samsung s7(sm-g930f) with cf auto-root,odin said pass and had the green button but when I looked on the phone it had a warning telling me I have to factory reset.
so I did.(it was already reset before so I didn't mind)
I don't think it went into recovery mode and did the all red android logo thing(I'm not sure I was looking at the computer screen and when I said pass it showed me the warning and factory reset message etc)
the phone is now without supersu and knox is tripped.
but now I get a warning all the time "unauthorized actions have been detected",and says I need to reset phone.
also I think I can't get ota updates anymore.
so I figured it messed up the recovery partition.
what I'm not sure is:
is the partition corrupt now
or the modified recovery is just waiting for me to go into recovery mode to root and flash stock recovery
I'm not really sure how cf auto-root works
I'm afraid if I go into recovery mode and it's all messed up I get stuck in some screen or bootloop and make the all thing worse
I will really appreciate someone to give me some more insight into this issue
CFautoroot is now obsolete you need to use Magisk.

menachg

Sep 22, 2015
Well the phone is pretty old so i figured the tools for it might be obselete now.
And i wasnt really looking for instructions of how to root again.
i want to understand the technicality of what went wrong so i can fix it and get it back to normal working order.
Thanks in advanced if anyone here as more in depth knowledge about it

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Well the phone is pretty old so i figured the tools for it might be obselete now.
And i wasnt really looking for instructions of how to root again.
i want to understand the technicality of what went wrong so i can fix it and get it back to normal working order.
Thanks in advanced if anyone here as more in depth knowledge about it
Irrespective of how old the device is I'm guessing it's running Oreo and that's all that matters.
CFautoroot does not support Oreo plain and simple.
SuperSU died and along with it cf_autoroot when Oreo was introduced.
CF-autoroot or supersu do not support the new securities imposed in Oreo.

Also for your info I have plenty of in depth knowledge of the workings of CFautoroot (aka supersu).

If you want to get back to a working device restore the stock boot image. If you want root then install Magisk via twrp.
If you don't want to use twrp then use the boot image patching method via Magisk manager.

Last edited:

menachg

Sep 22, 2015
Irrespective of how old the device is I'm guessing it's running Oreo and that's all that matters.

Also for your info I have plenty of in depth knowledge of the workings of CFautoroot (aka supersu).

If you want to get back to a working device restore the stock boot image. If you want root then install Magisk via twrp.
If you don't want to use twrp then use the boot image patching method via Magisk manager.
thank you very much as I said I don't have much experience with the Samsung mechanisms in work.
yes it is oreo and that is probably why it didn't work.
il flash a clean boot image and I hope that will get it back to normal
thanks again for the insight on what went wrong

Rockel

Nov 4, 2013
Tilburg
I don't know what to say... except of course that THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ashyx! Thanks to You, i finally did it! :) I'm so happy now! I was so sure that i will never get this phone rooted anymore but i was wrong! I hope this will help the others too who have same problems with Xcover 4! :)

Big thanks from Finland! Holy sh*t i'm so glad right now! :)

I also would like to root this phone. But could you please give me some directions of the guide you've followed and where you got these files from? :)

Thanks in advance! :)

Reactions: umairaziz1

Britch3s

Sep 10, 2016
Grayson

speaking of newer android versions, pie...note 8 n950u tmobile snapdragon updated all the way.....anyway to downgrade ? or get it rooted? even if its temp and goes away every reboot???? bootloader is the latest version otherwise i wouldnt be here asking...as i didnt know not to upgrade i got this phone recently from amazon updated all the way as the fingerprint scanner didnt work so i assumed updating would fix it. it did not. but now i cant root as it seems.....and atm im unsure if any devs are working with it anymore.?

cchuggs

Jun 10, 2019
hi im looking for an app to root my LG M151 k4. ive tried almost everything. ive always been a fan of the cf autoroot but i cant find the app for this model. kingoroot does not work even with a computer, and when i use stump root it says that my device is patched. device is telus. plleas let me know if there is someway to root this device, its starting to give me a headache trying. thanks

su-do

Oct 24, 2018
Bandung
There is only SM-G531H... can I use it for my SM-G531Y ??

And I think mine is still Locked Bootloader (if that matter).

edit : tried and Failed to flash

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the discussion thread for firmware.mobi.

This site replaces my old central CF-Auto-Root repository, and aside from letting you create and download CFARs, also lets you download stock boot and recovery images for many firmwares and view all sorts of information about them.

Initial publication post: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/YzfaWH1KDG8
    I honestly don't know how you find the time! Your dedication to the community is phenomenal.

Many will welcome this from noobs to devs. I know I'll find it handy in my endeavours.

Thanks. :cowboy:
    --- also reserved ---
    --- reserved ---
    This is awesome!! Thanks for the hard work it's just amazing. I've been checking it out and I'm getting a hot linking disabled error. And clicking on the following link does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?? Trying to configure a c.f. root package for my sm-g950w. Any ideas guys??

Try using Chrome or Firefox. Seems to be an issue with IE/Edge. I'll check this out later.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone