firmware.mobi

Search This thread

EddieblaRd

Oct 24, 2019
Регистрация ООО, ИП, ликвидация, реорганизация. Онлайн сервис

мы плохо верим в то, во что поверить неприятно. так две тысячи лет назад говорил римский поэт овидий. так выпьем за правду, хотя бы и горькую.

LukasJerabekCZ

Nov 6, 2019
So I used odin to get CF auto root to my samsung SM-520F (A5 - 2017) android 8, everything looks like rooted successfully (even Eset tells me that I have rooted my device). But I have got a problem with qpython3 app. In the settings of qpython3 I pressed the button to enable its root access, but no pop up from supersu to grant access appeared. I see only red hashes for qpython3 without any comments in supersu log. When I try to use pip console in qpython3 anyway it actually never loads entirely to allow me to input anything, seems like it was waiting to get the root access from supersu but never gets it. I have gone through supersu settings and all notification seems to be allowed and it is set to pick deny/grant everytime. Any ideas? Thank you for response.

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
So I used odin to get CF auto root to my samsung SM-520F (A5 - 2017) android 8, everything looks like rooted successfully (even Eset tells me that I have rooted my device). But I have got a problem with qpython3 app. In the settings of qpython3 I pressed the button to enable its root access, but no pop up from supersu to grant access appeared. I see only red hashes for qpython3 without any comments in supersu log. When I try to use pip console in qpython3 anyway it actually never loads entirely to allow me to input anything, seems like it was waiting to get the root access from supersu but never gets it. I have gone through supersu settings and all notification seems to be allowed and it is set to pick deny/grant everytime. Any ideas? Thank you for response.
Supersu and its sister cfautoroot is dead and has sketchy support for Oreo.

Magisk is the current preferred method as has been mentioned several times in the last few pages of this thread.

Apr 26, 2017
sm-n920v (note 5 verizon)

why is it that people who post blogs on google saying that the verizon note 5 can be rooted but I've tried the cf auto root on android 7.0 and it failed?.....even Magisk patched AP file failed too. So can it really be rooted or not?

rokujou

Nov 23, 2004
I'm trying to upload the boot.img and recovery.img from the firmware for my Philips Android TV (32PFS6401):

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/32PFS...h-ambilight-2-sided-and-pixel-plus-hd/support

The firmware file is a .upg file, but if you change the format to .zip then it opens and the files are visible. However, I get an error when trying to submit the files. I've noticed within here that boot.img is actually boot.img.zip, but this isn't a real zip archive. If I inspect the file in a hex editor, it starts with the string "Salted__". I'm not really sure where to go from here and Google doesn't seem to turn anything up. Can anyone help me progress?

Anewri32

Aug 1, 2020
Hi, I wish you could create an auto-root CF for SM-J337A, and I searched and tried many methods, but I couldn't find one that works for me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--xtHyiPD9ao3C_pEi9ltfWDJ47FnAja/view?usp=drivesdk"]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--xtHyiPD9ao3C_pEi9ltfWDJ47FnAja/view?usp=drivesdk

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
Hi chainfire and community, I have a galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U), I do have the bootloader unlocked. I know that there is a file for Android 8 to root, however my device is already on Android 9 and need help with finding out if anyone knows if we will eventually get root for Android 9 or if it will not be possible to root once you update stock to 9. Fingers crossed that I will be able to root as it's been so long since I've had a rootable phone and I miss it. I've had galaxy phones ever since galaxy S2, but only even numbered models. I had all my phones rooted up to my s8+.
Looking forward to some good news [emoji16]
sj

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the discussion thread for firmware.mobi.

This site replaces my old central CF-Auto-Root repository, and aside from letting you create and download CFARs, also lets you download stock boot and recovery images for many firmwares and view all sorts of information about them.

Initial publication post: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/YzfaWH1KDG8
    I honestly don't know how you find the time! Your dedication to the community is phenomenal.

Many will welcome this from noobs to devs. I know I'll find it handy in my endeavours.

Thanks. :cowboy:
    --- also reserved ---
    --- reserved ---
    This is awesome!! Thanks for the hard work it's just amazing. I've been checking it out and I'm getting a hot linking disabled error. And clicking on the following link does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?? Trying to configure a c.f. root package for my sm-g950w. Any ideas guys??

Try using Chrome or Firefox. Seems to be an issue with IE/Edge. I'll check this out later.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone