firmware.mobi

Flippy498

Retired Forum Moderator
May 21, 2014
The thread got cleaned. Please don't reply if you see a post that is breaching the forum rules but use the report button instead. This way the mod team has a chance to handle the situation before it can escalate.

Dark1Angel

Apr 3, 2015
The thread got cleaned. Please don't reply if you see a post that is breaching the forum rules but use the report button instead. This way the mod team has a chance to handle the situation before it can escalate.
Which one is the report button? The one between the "reply" and the "thanks" buttons

Undy Vox

Sep 26, 2017
Ulaanbaatar
Rooting

Hi all? my question is may dumbest question you've ever seen your whole life :D but can i root android 6.0.1 with 7.0 file?? Which is downloaded from autoroot chainfire eu website. Thanks for answer ;)

Last edited:

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Hi all? my question is may dumbest question you've ever seen your whole life :D but can i root android 6.0.1 with 7.0 file?? Which is downloaded from autoroot chainfire eu website. Thanks for answer ;)
Just create the appropriate cf_autoroot.

Dark1Angel

Apr 3, 2015
I didn't root my s7 edge yet, but if I receive an error during flashing with odin so the phone doesn't autoreboot and I get stuck in download mode, how can I get out, as I can't remove the battery as I used to on the s2? I wish a backup plan before proceding. Thx!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I didn't root my s7 edge yet, but if I receive an error during flashing with odin so the phone doesn't autoreboot and I get stuck in download mode, how can I get out, as I can't remove the battery as I used to on the s2? I wish a backup plan before proceding. Thx!
You could disconnect the USB cable - Press & Hold - Power + Volume DOWN to Reboot your device.

Reactions: Dark1Angel

Dark1Angel

Apr 3, 2015
It's effectively the same as pulling the battery - Would that "brick" your phone...
When I researched back then, I read that it is absolutely not recomanded to shut down(and reboot is also like a shut down) phone from download mode and only remove battery or else there's a high chance of brick. Now I don't have such option. If the problem has been solved and now rebooting from download is not dangerous then it's ok, that's what I wanted to know.