• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

firmware.mobi

Search This thread

pclark3gis

Sep 27, 2017
Trying to generate a CF-AUTO-ROOT package for GT-N8013 gives me an ERROR NOT APPLICABLE message. It says it will regenerate the cached file but how long is that supposed to take? Seems like it's not working, or maybe it takes longer than I anticipated (15 mins? 30 mins? hour?).

delphinlol

Sep 28, 2015
Hi, thanks for your hard work.;)
Cause I am using the verizon version of Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (2014) SM-P605V, how happy am I when I get the great news.
I searched the website for my firmware and found the CF-Auto-Root package for my tablet (build:p605VVRUDOH2), but I couldn't flash the image it provided using odin. It just failed and I had no idea about it. Could you help solve this problem? Much appreciate about it.

Navuhodonosor

Jun 15, 2015
Belgrade
Double entry

@Chainfire
There is a double entry at firmware.mobi for SM-G935F. ;)
Here are the addresses:
https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:455/firmware:12337
https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:455/firmware:12338
Also, external links to SamMobile, Updato and Samsung updates are wrong on second link.
On page 4. on this link There are two more possible double entries, but I did not check them.
P.S
Thank you soo much for your time and effort. Your work is one of the reasons android is great platform.:good::good::good:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Hi, thanks for your hard work.;)
Cause I am using the verizon version of Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (2014) SM-P605V, how happy am I when I get the great news.
I searched the website for my firmware and found the CF-Auto-Root package for my tablet (build:p605VVRUDOH2), but I couldn't flash the image it provided using odin. It just failed and I had no idea about it. Could you help solve this problem? Much appreciate about it.
Bootloader locked devices are not supported.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
When I researched back then, I read that it is absolutely not recomanded to shut down(and reboot is also like a shut down) phone from download mode and only remove battery or else there's a high chance of brick. Now I don't have such option. If the problem has been solved and now rebooting from download is not dangerous then it's ok, that's what I wanted to know.
Yeah I can't speak for others - But when Odin has failed for me - I've either pulled the battery - or Forced a Reboot and it didn't Brick or anything - But I can't say for sure if you would have any issues...

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Reactions: delphinlol

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
@Chainfire I just tried uploading you all my weird and wonderful stock boot/recovery image collection but none of them get added under "Your uploads", the page just resets. I'm using Chrome desktop on Windows 10.

Happened to me too - comes up with a your connection has been reset error

Also I can't download CF-Auto-Root packages as when you get to the final stage where you are in the queue to download it comes up internal server error

Does it do same with you?

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
Happened to me too - comes up with a your connection has been reset error

Also I can't download CF-Auto-Root packages as when you get to the final stage where you are in the queue to download it comes up internal server error

Does it do same with you?

I never saw an error like that, just the page refreshed and nothing appeared to have happened.

Just tried downloading a CFAR generated using the most recent Samsung upload and it worked fine for me.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
@Chainfire I just tried uploading you all my weird and wonderful stock boot/recovery image collection but none of them get added under "Your uploads", the page just resets. I'm using Chrome desktop on Windows 10.

I've encountered this issue before but haven't really tracked down what the cause is. Please do try again. If it keeps happening, link me some images that fail so I can try them manually.

Reactions: osm0sis

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
umm so is there any way i can unlock the bootloader and/or uncheck the reactivation lock?
Depends on the device as to whether or not you can Unlock the Bootloader - If it's a Samsung in almost all cases it's currently not possible (likely to be forever) to Unlock the Bootloader - Current Samsung devices with the Qualcomm Chipset can't be unlocked - The Exynos versions do not have a Locked Bootloader - The Reactivation Lock can be found on the Stock Firmware in Settings - Security.

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Asfalter

Oct 1, 2017
Hello @Chainfire, I tried uploading the stock firmware images for a device that is currently not listed (SM-G6100); I logged in with my Google account and started the upload, but when it reaches Upload (100%) the page just refreshes and the firmware does not display under "Your uploads". I've tried multiple times with different browsers under Windows 10.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Hello @Chainfire, I tried uploading the stock firmware images for a device that is currently not listed (SM-G6100); I logged in with my Google account and started the upload, but when it reaches Upload (100%) the page just refreshes and the firmware does not display under "Your uploads". I've tried multiple times with different browsers under Windows 10.

I tried it with other phone models and other types of file type (.zip, .md5, etc.)

Which browser and OS ?

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
I've encountered this issue before but haven't really tracked down what the cause is. Please do try again. If it keeps happening, link me some images that fail so I can try them manually.

Same issue I reported by the sounds of it. Chrome on Windows 10 here. I tried again just now and it properly went to the "Upload queued" page. Though most/all are giving "ERROR NOT APPLICABLE" at that point.

They are my "weird and wonderful" collection though, of course, so maybe not totally surprising it's not accepting them; I can upload them elsewhere if you're interested.

Edit: @Chainfire, here they are, sorted (roughly) by oddities: https://basketbuild.com/devs/osm0sis/collection

All files I've tried have shown ERROR on firmware.mobi, and some are definitely not weird or terribly crazy format. I think you'll be interested in the sha256 hash boot.img, pxa variant, dhtb header, and a few of the other things more easily supported.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainfire

Top Liked Posts