[FIRMWARE] OnePlus 8T [kebab][DDR0/DDR1][Release Updated!]

Search This thread

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Can't access edl mode, can't use Msm...
Well, I got into edl mode and flashed MSM to go to stock. Then, I flashed latest Nameless AOSP in the recovery and all good. Whew, wasted couple of hours...

Oh well, I just didn't realize that the blobs from A12 were not used by the AOSP ROMs - how could they use it as it was just released yesterday. lol

I had the Swift Backup and restored everything and all good now. Live and learn I guess!

EDIT: Clarified my steps: edl to stock (MSM) to nameless.

Last edited:

venezolano69

Aug 29, 2015
Napoli
Xiaomi Mi A2
Well, I got into edl mode and flashed latest Nameless AOSP and all good. Whew, wasted couple of hours...

Oh well, I just didn't realize that the blobs from A12 were not used by the AOSP ROMs - how could they use it as it was just released yesterday. lol

I had the Swift Backup and restored everything and all good now. Live and learn I guess!
How you flashed nameless with edl mode?

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Since I Updated to oxy 12 I cannot flash any rom, I went back to oxy 11 and nothing at all I cant flash anything when I flash a rom I go in fastboot always and only MSm tool can restored it, why?
I just did that exercise today and it works. Steps:

1. I went to OxygenOS_11.0.7.9 via MSM.

2. adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (got it from nameless AOSP)

3. fastboot reboot recovery

4. Flash the latest OOS 11 firmware:
adb sideload fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.O.31_OTA_0310_all_2202182359_ca105dab55fd44e6_11.0-DDR0.zip

5. adb sideload Nameless-AOSP_kebab-12.0-20220328-1715-Official.zip

6. Factory reset in Recovery

7. Reboot

8. After setup, flashed Magisk in recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ufos92

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Since I Updated to oxy 12 I cannot flash any rom, I went back to oxy 11 and nothing at all I cant flash anything when I flash a rom I go in fastboot always and only MSm tool can restored it, why?
The reason for this is that MSM only fixes up the A partitions. It doesn't touch the B ones.
This means that when you flash a rom after restoring OOS 11, you will end up on slot B which still contains the OOS 12 firmware.
The solution is to go back to slot A, reboot to recovery, flash OOS 11 again so that both A and B are on OOS 11 firmware.
Or, while on slot A, flash the Los Copy Partition zip, which will copy the A partitions across to B.

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
The reason for this is that MSM only fixes up the A partitions. It doesn't touch the B ones.
This means that when you flash a rom after restoring OOS 11, you will end up on slot B which still contains the OOS 12 firmware.
The solution is to go back to slot A, reboot to recovery, flash OOS 11 again so that both A and B are on OOS 11 firmware.
Or, while on slot A, flash the Los Copy Partition zip, which will copy the A partitions across to B.
Yes, that's correct. That's why I posted my steps above where I flash the latest OOS 11 firmware, which flashes it in both the slots and later, when you flash custom ROM, it works.

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 7a
Hi all!

Just I short question, this Firmware I can flash anytime or?
I mean I dont need to flash it before I flash a custom ROM, I can flash it afterwards as well or?
So if I have a custom ROM already installed now and the Base OOS was not the latest Version, when I installed the custom ROM I can now just flash the latest 11.0.13.13 Firmware to get that updated correct?

And also if I understand that correct, when I do MSMdownlooadtool sometime to like Version 11.0.x.x
I dont need to update to the latest full OOS 11 if I want to flash a custom ROM later, I can just flash the latest 11.0.13.13 Firmware and after that install a custom ROM ??

Thanks!

Providing the latest firmware updates for OnePlus 8T custom users.

OnePlus Flashable Firmware (OnePlus 8T All Models)

Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What is OnePlus 8T Flashable Firmware?
Basically it's a set of firmware that are extracted from the latest OxygenOS Full ROM update payload then generate to the Xiaomi flashable firmware based zip with manually-written and re-zip then lastly upload them.

Notes:
Firmware filenames for this device are in the following manner:
  • fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.O.xx*.zip is OnePlus 8T (kebab) Global firmware.
  • fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.xx*.zip is OnePlus 8T (kebab) Europe firmware.
  • fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.I.xx*.zip is OnePlus 8T (kebab) India firmware.

DOWNLOADS
You can get updates always from various mirrors available on the website:

Frequently Asked Questions:
What is firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?

Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.

Why should I update the Firmware?
Firmware is provided from OnePlus Full OTA directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!

Do I need to update the Firmware If I'm an OxygenOS official or a custom stock ROM user?
No, OxygenOS ROMs contain the firmware package from the payload.bin which I extract and provide here.

Should I update my firmware monthly?
Yes, Basically to follow the latest firmware optimization from OxygenOS to any Android Open Source Project Custom ROMs and to provide better experience.

Updating firmware will flash both slots A/B?
Yes, it will be directly flash and update to your firmware images partition on both A/B slots.

What are the supported models?
  • KB2000
  • KB2001
  • KB2003
  • KB2005
  • KB2007
Important reminder (Before Flashing):
Check your DDR type using ADB with the following commands
Code:
adb shell getprop ro.boot.ddr_type

0 - represents your device is DDR0 or LPDDR4X
1 - represents your device is DDR1 or LPDDR5

How to update the firmware?
1. You can use TWRP to flash this Firmware Update or
2. You can also sideload the firmware.zip package via LOS/PE based Recoveries.
3. On LOS/PE Recovery, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
4. On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload <filename.zip>.zip
5. On TWRP Recovery, you may directly flash the firmware zip file and reboot after the flashing process succeed.

How to check the updated firmware?
Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Source Code:
- Github
- Main project thread

Credits:
yshalsager (without his great work, nothing would be impossible. Big Thanks 😇)
And to all Developers, Contributors, Testers, and Users out there!

Donations:
A donations was never necessary, my enjoyment is to help the community and provide the betterment of our android experiences. Every donations will really be appreciated and to be used to cover my time and efforts.
I got a notice of an update, thinking it was security I said ok, now I am on 12 and my dual sim is disabled.. I have been searching to see if this is the 12 release ( OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.15_OTA_1032_all_22011904_381685994.zip) anyone know, and how can I go back to 11?

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 7a
I got a notice of an update, thinking it was security I said ok, now I am on 12 and my dual sim is disabled.. I have been searching to see if this is the 12 release ( OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.15_OTA_1032_all_22011904_381685994.zip) anyone know, and how can I go back to 11?
Hi!

That file you posted (OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.15_OTA_1032_all_22011904_381685994.zip) I guess is a OOS11 Version.
So, if you are on OOS12 now and want to go back to OOS11 you can use the MSMdownloadTool to flash back to OOS11 or I guess somewhere there are downgrade zip files to get back to OOS11 as well.

Reactions: haddy21

Coak5

Jan 28, 2011
So is the new firmware compatible with Custom ROMs or not? It seems like people got it to work on A12 but others can't.

NOTE: I have the NA KB2005 ver. on Nameless ROM but haven't flashed until there's confirmation the new firmware works

Nixsuki

Jul 25, 2016
Pasig City
OnePlus 8T
Please take note that our Android 12/12.1 Custom ROMs as of now are using Android 11 blobs, Device, Vendor and Kernel trees from OxygenOS 11.

As advise, we are highly recommended to use latest OxygenOS 11 firmware as of the moment since the kernel source for Android 12, blobs and trees are not yet available and we don't recommend to use OxygenOS 12 firmware to avoid issues.

I am Running Android 11 OxygenOS 11.0.12.12. KB05A on my OnePlus 8T (KB2?Whic005) which I have connected to T-Mobile in the US. I am trying to figure out which firmware version I need to download. I checked using ADB I am DDR0 100%. The site has 3 options to chose from should I go with the most recently uploaded file?
Which would be

fw_kebab_oxygenos_OnePlus8T_ KB2005_11.C.11_1110_12.0-ddr0.zip
Screenshot 2022-06-25 103522.png
I also have a question about how to update it on my phone? I dont have TWRP or any other custom recoveries on my phone. Is there another way to do it?

i plan on unlocking bootloader and rooting with Magisk. Just need to backup my data first.

Any sugggestions?​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Providing the latest firmware updates for OnePlus 8T custom users.

OnePlus Flashable Firmware (OnePlus 8T All Models)

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is OnePlus 8T Flashable Firmware?
    Basically it's a set of firmware that are extracted from the latest OxygenOS Full ROM update payload then generate to the Xiaomi flashable firmware based zip with manually-written and re-zip then lastly upload them.

Notes:
    Firmware filenames for this device are in the following manner:
    • fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.O.xx*.zip is OnePlus 8T (kebab) Global firmware.
    • fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.xx*.zip is OnePlus 8T (kebab) Europe firmware.
    • fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.I.xx*.zip is OnePlus 8T (kebab) India firmware.

DOWNLOADS
    You can get updates always from various mirrors available on the website:

Frequently Asked Questions:
    What is firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?

Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.

Why should I update the Firmware?
    Firmware is provided from OnePlus Full OTA directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!

Do I need to update the Firmware If I'm an OxygenOS official or a custom stock ROM user?
    No, OxygenOS ROMs contain the firmware package from the payload.bin which I extract and provide here.

Should I update my firmware monthly?
    Yes, Basically to follow the latest firmware optimization from OxygenOS to any Android Open Source Project Custom ROMs and to provide better experience.

Updating firmware will flash both slots A/B?
    Yes, it will be directly flash and update to your firmware images partition on both A/B slots.

What are the supported models?
    • KB2000
    • KB2001
    • KB2003
    • KB2005
    • KB2007
    Important reminder (Before Flashing):
    Check your DDR type using ADB with the following commands
    Code:
    adb shell getprop ro.boot.ddr_type

0 - represents your device is DDR0 or LPDDR4X
    1 - represents your device is DDR1 or LPDDR5

How to update the firmware?
    1. You can use TWRP to flash this Firmware Update or
    2. You can also sideload the firmware.zip package via LOS/PE based Recoveries.
    3. On LOS/PE Recovery, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
    4. On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload <filename.zip>.zip
    5. On TWRP Recovery, you may directly flash the firmware zip file and reboot after the flashing process succeed.

How to check the updated firmware?
    Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Source Code:
    - Github
    - Main project thread

Credits:
    yshalsager (without his great work, nothing would be impossible. Big Thanks 😇)
    And to all Developers, Contributors, Testers, and Users out there!

Donations:
    A donations was never necessary, my enjoyment is to help the community and provide the betterment of our android experiences. Every donations will really be appreciated and to be used to cover my time and efforts.
    FYI

I just created a new Firmware Flasher script for Oneplus 8t and 9r which will automatically detect the RAM type of the phone and flash the correct Firmware files, also it will abort the flashing procedure if it can not detect the RAM type by some reason.
    Will need to adjust some few things there but then I can share a download link to my updated flashable Firmware files. :)

- Initial Version of the updated flashable Firmware script for Oneplus 8 series and Oneplus 9 series
    - OOS13 Firmware files are using abl.img from OOS13 F10 to remove the yellow bootloader message
    - Flasher should support Firmware flashing from all OOS12 and OOS13 Versions (OOS11 is not supported now!)
    - added automatic DDR RAM type detection
    - Flasher will terminate if it can not detect the correct RAM type by some reason
    - added a check that the Firmware flasher is flashed from recovery only
    - added device check that the Frimware is flashed on a supported device
    - Updated info that the Firmware is getting flashed to both slots (A and B)

Firmware_flash.png

P.s. Will do some final adjustment to the script and then upload and provide a download link for this.
    New OxygenOS Stable Firmware Release (EUROPE)
    • OxygenOS version: 11.0.13.13.KB05BA
    • DDR Type: 0
    • Android: 11.0
    • Filename: fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.31_OTA_0310_all_2202182356_c7bd2_11.0-DDR0.zip
    • Filesize: 125.9 MB
    • MD5:
    Code:
    a0a8e27c81b51ef3db86da33e732a17e
    • OxygenOS version: 11.0.13.13.KB05BA
    • DDR Type: 1
    • Filename: fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.31_OTA_0310_all_2202182356_c7bd2_11.0-DDR1.zip
    • Filesize: 126 MB
    • MD5:
    Code:
    bbac506f300ef7157f323180969656f1
    New OxygenOS Stable Firmware Release (DDR-0)
    • Version: 15.E.28_OTA_0280_all_2107310147
    • OxygenOS version: 11.0.10.10
    • Region: EU
    • Filename: fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.28_2107310147_ddcd_11.0-DDR0.zip
    • Filesize: 125.9 MB
    • MD5:
      Code:
      eac0bab001c30a5b888e147e328e8931
    • Download: Here

New OxygenOS Stable Firmware Release (DDR-1)
    • Version: 15.E.28_OTA_0280_all_2107310147
    • OxygenOS version: 11.0.10.10
    • Filename: fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.28_2107310147_ddcd_11.0-DDR1.zip
    • Filesize: 126 MB
    • MD5:
      Code:
      6784c9a14b84ca2c565b3ac57f9c2d05
    • Download: Here
    New OxygenOS Stable Firmware Release (EU)
    • Device: OnePlus 8T
    • OxygenOS version: 11.0.12.12
    • Firmware: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.30_OTA_0300_all_2112211346_c9165fe0b44

• Device: OnePlus 8T
    • OxygenOS version: 11.0.12.12
    • Firmware: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.30_OTA_0300_all_2112211346_c9165fe0b44