[FIRMWARE/PIT]Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 {SCH-I545/JFLTEVZW}[ODIN]

Search This thread

stang5litre

Sep 11, 2012
Columbus
I was just wondering if you could clarify something for me (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Are you stating that what @gpz1100 is asking about can be done simply by extracting the ML1 Bootloader file from its Stock Firmware and placing/replacing it within the PL1 Stock Firmware?

Or is there more to this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle"}.
No I didn't say anything about bootloaders. SuperR is to make a rom it uses system.img.ext4 , cache.img.ext4, boot.img and converts to sparse then makes a flash able rom that he could flash via TWRP as MDK is bootloader unlocked. Mdk you dont mess with bootloader. That would kill his MDK and no longer have a unlocked bootloader

stang5litre 5.0 Edition Roms

Reactions: Ibuprophen
No I didn't say anything about bootloaders. SuperR is to make a rom it uses system.img.ext4 , cache.img.ext4, boot.img and converts to sparse then makes a flash able rom that he could flash via TWRP as MDK is bootloader unlocked. Mdk you dont mess with bootloader. That would kill his MDK and no longer have a unlocked bootloader. stang5litre 5.0 Edition Roms
Thank you very much for clarifying this! :eek:

I've never really delved into this specific area before and I didn't want to "assume" anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle"}.

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
Use superR kitchen. Your still rooted atm correct? You dont use Odin when trying to keep root.

Yes, currently rooted. The stock pl1 would need to be rooted using whatever method is appropriate for lollipop (flash supersu or magisk through twrp I think). A stock rooted image flashed through odin would also work :)

I see a free superr kitchen for linux, anything like that for windows?

Thanks for your help.

amber1965soto

Jun 9, 2019
Is it possible to root Samsung galaxy s4 with Verizon without a laptop .... when I turn mine on it shows Samsung and a unlocked lock .. I'm just trying to us snap chat on this phone

lithophone

Jan 15, 2017
Ibuprophen or anyone else that may be listening--does anyone have a copy of the I545VRSGPL1 firmware that they may be able to share? I'm only getting 1 Quebec mirror for the file on AFH, and the transfer is very slow and keeps stopping. Doubtful it will even finish. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT--Nevermind. It must've sped up when I turned my back. Download completed. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

xt14n13

Mar 25, 2018
Thanks for the awesome stuff , man.
here, i'm having an unusual issue. after installing the firmware successfully, the phone shows the first samsung galaxy s4 logo and proceeds....after that, no luck. just the notification light keeps blinking and nothing happens. i can not even get into recovery.
What can i do to fix this issue? I'm having this problem too.

My deepest apologies for the delay as my inquiry to the AFH support individual took some time to get a response.

I was just told about huge AFH server updates and additional servers were recently added as well.

They stated that there's some minor touch up work still being done, but the speeds should be improved, as well as, the speeds (like any server) always depend upon the load for each server selected.

I've personally seen the improvements recently and am always hoping the same for others here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RLKnecht1

Nov 23, 2022
Yes I am a noob to updating phone firmware. This is the only thread I have found dealing with the Verizon version of the S4 (S4-I545). My phone has a bootloader ver. I545VRSGPL1, but a thread giving information on how to update the LineageOS 18.1 (I assume newer that the 5.0.1 firmware I have) says that I need bootloader I545VRUSMDK. So, is there a way to upgrade the bootloader, or am I out of luck?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OFFICIAL FIRMWARE & PIT COLLECTION

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

{SCH-I545/JFLTEVZW}

4qn41yzDEI1CtqUN6lZKVKiC-MWdwTChA1mlCpdIu6JUWRcP7tgjFLyL2ncGSDCxBHSsVHPpedMmtXMvRd6WWtG8bt3PpEe5vsb6_jo7Bar-kL2cCHJnhd8chelmuD0jV34lrPq8NaHwAGBXARqxYPB8X_KuXu-nl6PcZWiO9npUYyeWGdvOCYekOTHu3f5gIIl8EkQWU3DZk1O7ec44Cq58EJT9UF3zpLl8pyiBtkqaAE-iKcvOyLQUp__gW_1oNXMsMOiI21vOwNOFLaQso2rTGNRgOKQ1APjxYPLK1VBjOxpw7aW9Jnt9Mr45HNdyUOPq2QhS1sYEgjw78oKRL9dNUJryqOmgrMWJYIjoCeRRN5gG55YFFri0LIRDJ2HSnpu4_HSUbLduAZWG9TgmsNofLp0O4MiPBKrEcDypFA8MXMrHx7YL_XXGAPTJfQsp3xH4j7-Yzgo3-eMnN4uFOmjU-ypNH5kYJyqN6kd-piz1MyG8Bb6AUifCEliL7MMonhYM1-Ohpqk0Kg665OUcRay_Q_MgkrN2WjHZJrXXNoue0oqrkhaCWnPJ-d9lNErZ0tgJc6pZBXWBdHCSpK4BGPBona74Wa6MYLKpDuxkTjG8yoye2kFud5pICMgQ5mm9ryI1Pukz-zyojA8vLlwO6lZL2KztoiZK=w681-h521
    {The above image is a refrence of all the Stock Firmware, Release Dates, etc...}

DISCLAIMER/FYI

- Sammobile stopped providing free downloads for this device and only available to Sammobile Premium Members.

- I am aware that other locations/websites offer one or more of the following Firmware/PIT files. I'm providing them all in one place to help others out in obtaining them.

- Due tot he size of the Firmware Files, the PIT Files are only available on the Downloads area of the DevDB.

- Any process (like updating your modem) via Odin/TWRP/CWM is simple/easy to do but, as always, if your not sure of what your doing and don't do your research (ie... searching, asking questions, etc... first), then you take the risk of damaging your device.

- I take no responsibility for any unexpected results or damage that may happen but, I am always willing to provide assistance to help you out.

- Also keep in mind that when performing any unconventional updates, unlocking, rooting, etc... you may end up "voiding your warranty"!

INSTRUCTIONS

1. If not already done, be sure your PC/LPTP has the latest "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones" installed.

2. Download the Firmware and extract the ".tar.md5" file needed from one of the download links (below).

3. Reboot your device in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons).

4. Connect the USB cable to the Device and PC.

5. Open Odin and select the PDA/AP and choose the ".tar.md5" Firmware file you downloaded.
    {Please Note: It's typically reccomended to use Odin v3.09-v3.12 (other versions may also work).

6. In Odin, please be sure not to make any additional selections than the default that was already selected when you opened Odin.
    {Please Note: ONLY if using a PIT file, be sure you select the "re-partition" option.

7. Select "Start" at the bottom & be patient for the process to complete as it can take some time for Odin to finish. Once Finished, Odin should reflect a Green "PASS" when completed (The device will also reboot automatically when done).

PRIMARY DOWNLOAD LINK (FIRMWARE)

SCH-I545 Stock Firmware - Android File Host

PLEASE NOTE: The AFH Firmware Downloads are compressed in a ZIP to conserve on Bandwith/Space. Be sure you decompress/unzip the download for the ".tar.md5" needed.

PRIMARY DOWNLOAD LINK (PIT)

SCH-I545 PIT Files - XDA DevDB Downloads

ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD LINK (PIT)

SCH-I545 PIT Files - Android File Host

PLEASE NOTE: Be sure you select the appropriate Memory Size of the devices "INTERNAL" storage. There was only a 16GB & 32GB S4 sold by Verizon.

Special Mentions/Credits
    @klabit87 - For ideas on optimizing certain device specific thread's.
    Samsung - For device developement.
    Sammobile - For miscelaneous firmware and other tools.
    Android File Host - For providing a file host server for developers & others.
    Let's not forget... To All The Girls i've Loved Before... (LOL!)

Click Here If You Would Like To Donate To My Developements
    ~{Donations Are Appreciated, but Never Necessary...}~

PLEASE NO MIRRORS!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [FIRMWARE/PIT]Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 {SCH-I545/JFLTEVZW}[ODIN], ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    Ibuprophen
    Source Code: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s4/SCH-I545/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: SCH-I545 - Samsung Stock Firmware

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: I545VRSGPL1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-01-15

Created 2018-02-04
    Last Updated 2019-06-20
    OP DEVELOPER'S NOTE:

An Administrator had moved this thread to the Android Development area per my request. A re-direct has been left in the General section for up to two weeks so that other members can take note of this move.

Please Note: This announcement has been made by the OP Developer and I am not, nor am I speaking on behalf of any Moderator nor Administrator.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding and, as always, please let me know if you have any questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
    ******CHANGELOG******

**DATE: 05-06-2019**

- Updated/Optimized the OP/DevDB Thread.

**DATE: 02-04-2018**

- Initial Launch of New DevDB Thread
    - All PIT Files have been Uploaded and now Available on the DevDB Thread.
    - All Firmware and PIT Files have been Uploaded and now Available on the Android File Host.

In case anyone was interested, I had just uploaded the USB driver for the Samsung devices to my File Host Account.

The following link takes you there. It's for Windows OS and I also had Zipped it up to help reduce the size (all you have to do is unzip it for the software).

Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones v1.5.65.0 {05-22-2017} - Android File Host

I believe that this is the latest version released in May 2017 but, if anyone knows where there's a more recent release than the v1.5.65.0, please let me know.

I hope this is helpful for you!

Thank you very much and, as always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Enjoy!!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
    ........ I see a free superr kitchen for linux, anything like that for windows? Thanks for your help.
    It looks like the following is the one for Windows.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3601702

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~