Development [Firmware] POCO X3 Pro [vayu/bhima] [Auto updated!]

Search This thread

fabien32

• Feb 17, 2011
    jerusalem

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
    I don't understand ? i told you i have TWRP already, so why should I do all that ? can't i just flash the rom from TWRP and then "FORMAT" data ?

So skip to the step where you've already done up to.

The steps you haven't done which is needed to flash a rom is written there.

So you just start from the step No. 10,
    10. Your device should automatically boot into custom recovery.

Simply just boot to TWRP, then flash the EEA Rom. Format data and then reboot.

Note that EEA Rom is different from Xiaomi.eu Rom. Make sure you know which exactly you need.

If your Global device flash the official EEA Rom, Google's Safetynet might not pass.

Xiaomi.eu Rom can pass Safetynet, but it's not official Rom.

Reactions: fabien32

fabien32

• Feb 17, 2011
    jerusalem

Note that EEA Rom is different from Xiaomi.eu Rom. Make sure you know which exactly you need.

If your Global device flash the official EEA Rom, Google's Safetynet might not pass.

installed and everything works . thanks for the help

wq0913562

Sep 26, 2014
    Is it possible to install the euro version on the Global phone ?

You need to unlock bootloader to do it.
    Does the bootloader need to be unlocked even when flashing the official stock EEA ROM onto the Global ROM (and/or vice versa)? Why would it need a bootloader unlock when flashing an official stock ROM from another region? And can the bootloader be re-locked after flashing an official stock ROM from another region?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
    Does the bootloader need to be unlocked even when flashing the official stock EEA ROM onto the Global ROM (and/or vice versa)? Why would it need a bootloader unlock when flashing an official stock ROM from another region? And can the bootloader be re-locked after flashing an official stock ROM from another region?

Yes, switching from Global to EEA official still need to unlock the bootloader.

Why? Because the price of the same device in different countries is different, especially from China, is way cheaper. Xiaomi don't want people to do this.

If you re-lock after flashing an official stock ROM from another region, you may likely brick the device. Just take a look at

Xiaomi Poco F3 / Xiaomi Mi 11X / Redmi K40

See how many people asking to unbrick their device.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
    It's identical to 12.0.5 firmware and thus it's been removed.

Regarding this removal of identical firmwares.

Can you provide a table list as which firmwares matching which Roms versions of other regions, that you have removed due to identicality?

eg. I see Europe, India and Global firmwares, but I don't know if the firmware matched which Rom versions from other regions like Indonesia, Russia, Taiwan and Turkey.

Is the firmware of Russia v12.0.6.0 identical to Global 12.0.6.0? Is firmware of Taiwan v12.0.1.0 matching Global 12.0.4.0? ... etc.

Thanks.

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
  • Regarding this removal of identical firmwares.

Can you provide a table list as which firmwares matching which Roms versions of other regions, that you have removed due to identicality?

eg. I see Europe, India and Global firmwares, but I don't know if the firmware matched which Rom versions from other regions like Indonesia, Russia, Taiwan and Turkey.

Is the firmware of Russia v12.0.6.0 identical to Global 12.0.6.0? Is firmware of Taiwan v12.0.1.0 matching Global 12.0.4.0? ... etc.

Thanks.
    Oh, let me clarify.

I don't provide Firmware packages for regions other than China, Global, EEA, and India at the moment.

If any firmware version is missing between and two versions of the mentioned regions then it's identical.

Reactions: pl1992aw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      New MIUI Stable Firmware Release
      • Version: V12.5.1.0.RJUEUXM
      • Android: 11.0
      • Region: EEA
      • Filename: fw_vayu_miui_VAYUEEAGlobal_V12.5.1.0.RJUEUXM_8f1ef5258e_11.0.zip
      • Filesize: 108.7 MB
      • MD5:
        Code:
        d999b26d85c8dee8acb896c600dc8ecb
      • Download: Here

Note: Older releases are available Here
      Is it possible to install the euro version on the Global phone ?
      You need to unlock bootloader to do it.
      The bootloader is unlocked, and i have TWRP Recovery. what do i do from here ?

Steps are similar to this:
      https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...11-0-rom-and-root-xiaomi-poco-x3-pro.4267623/

Swap the mentioned "Official ArrowOS v11.0-vayu" to "EEA rom" zip file and flash in TWRP, then "FORMAT" data in TWRP which you will type in "yes"
      I don't understand ? i told you i have TWRP already, so why should I do all that ? can't i just flash the rom from TWRP and then "FORMAT" data ?

Thanks.
      Oh, let me clarify.

I don't provide Firmware packages for regions other than China, Global, EEA, and India at the moment.

If any firmware version is missing between and two versions of the mentioned regions then it's identical.
      Xiaomi custom users face a problem with firmware updates. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release, and developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here comes Xiaomi Firmware Updater project:

Xiaomi Firmware Updater (POCO X3 Pro)

jSIVrRy.png
      Code:
      #include
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

What is Xiaomi Firmware Updater?
      A set of various scripts that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files for every MIUI new update! My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global, EEA, India, and China, extract firmware either from the firmware-update folder or from update payload, generate firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to multiple servers. These scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every X hours.

Notes:
      Firmware filenames for this device are in the following manner:
      • fw_vayu_miui_VAYUGlobal_*.zip is POCO X3 Pro (vayu) Global firmware.
      • fw_vayu_miui_VAYUEEAGlobal_*.zip is POCO X3 Pro (vayu) EEA Global firmware.
      • fw_vayu_miui_VAYUINGlobal_*.zip is POCO X3 Pro (vayu) India Global firmware.

Downloads
      You can get updates always from various mirrors available on the website:

Frequently Asked Questions:
      What is firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?
      Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.

Why should I update the Firmware?
      Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!

Do I need to update the Firmware If I'm an MIUI official or a custom ROM user?
      No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.

What are the supported devices?
      All Snapdragon and MTK devices including China-only devices.
      Check the full devices list here

How to update the firmware?
      1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
      2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.

How to check the updated firmware?
      Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Support or Contact:
      Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on the GitHub repository or just write here in a reply, and we’ll help you sort it out.

Source Code:
      - GitHub
      - Main project thread

Donations:
      A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open-source, that cost money, time, and many efforts.

XiaomiFirmwareUpdater and MIUIUpdatesTracker scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using:
      Guess we know the device's codename now :)
      Great initiative, thank you for sharing!
      vayu/bhima: why two codenames? At least at kimovil I can only find the Global version of Poco X3 Pro in the 6/128 and 8/256 GB variant? Do those two have different codenames?
      The actual codename is vayu, it's the one that will be used for MIUI zip files and OTA updates. bhima is the codename for Indian variant of the device, that will be announced soon. It's the same codename convention as surya/karna codename for POCO X3.
      New MIUI Stable Firmware Release
      • Version: V12.5.1.0.RJUEUXM
      • Android: 11.0
      • Region: EEA
      • Filename: fw_vayu_miui_VAYUEEAGlobal_V12.5.1.0.RJUEUXM_8f1ef5258e_11.0.zip
      • Filesize: 108.7 MB
      • MD5:
        Code:
        d999b26d85c8dee8acb896c600dc8ecb
      • Download: Here

Note: Older releases are available Here

Thanks.
      Oh, let me clarify.