Firmware r820- r830

Search This thread

sixtybi

Dec 14, 2011
Hello,
I have a GWA2 SM-R830, with DUE3 - R830XXU1DUE3, 5.5.0.2 Tizen, changed some time ago (1 year and a half) to XAR with FT40 combination; now I want to change back because EKG & BP are supported in my country and BP dissapeared some time ago from the watch.
Can I use the CTJ5 firmware found in this thread?
Thanks,
Hi, did you do it? Did it work?

bonecatcher

Jan 10, 2022
@adfree Has anyone attempted to change the CSC on their SGWA2 recently while being on the latest firmware tizen 5.5.0.2?
Similar to the latest posts, I have the latest combination firmware but not the stock firmware for R830XXU1DUE3 (which I'm currently on).

Last edited:
Reactions: AbhinavJain

AbhinavJain

Jul 21, 2015
I finally managed to update mine from the same version by following the guide:

I emailed the person and he sent me the files for a small fee (it was worth it). So far the watch is receiving updates. For me, the exact screen sometimes didn't appear and pressing a button did the trick.

Disclaimer: my watch was still in warranty but if yours is not then please proceed at your own risk.

AbhinavJain

Jul 21, 2015
@AbhinavJain Nice! Pleased to hear that you've managed to modify the region as per the video instructions. Was it the stock firmware (R830XXU1DUE3) that you requested from the youtuber to be able to proceed, if yes how much was the fee?

Hi @bonecatcher , yes it was on DUE3 (I didn;t use the watch for a few months and ignored updates). The youtuber gave a combination 5.5.0.2 rom for modding and then stock rom was on 4.0.0. But after 2-3 updates it became 5.5.0.2 again.

It was less than $20 for me and the guy asks it to maintain the files.

AbhinavJain

Jul 21, 2015
Some other guides to make BP and ECG app work if one have Samsung phone that I came across today:

bonecatcher

Jan 10, 2022
Hi @bonecatcher , yes it was on DUE3 (I didn;t use the watch for a few months and ignored updates). The youtuber gave a combination 5.5.0.2 rom for modding and then stock rom was on 4.0.0. But after 2-3 updates it became 5.5.0.2 again.

It was less than $20 for me and the guy asks it to maintain the files.

Ok cool, if you don't mind sharing, what are the file names of the combination rom and the stock rom that he gave you?
I currently have the (combination firmware: COMBINATION-FT55_R830XXU1ATJ1) and (stock firmware: R830XXU1CTJ5).
I'm planning on changing from 'German' to 'UK' region and I want to make sure that I have the correct firmware files before I proceed to follow the video's steps.

AbhinavJain

Jul 21, 2015
Ok cool, if you don't mind sharing, what are the file names of the combination rom and the stock rom that he gave you?
I currently have the (combination firmware: COMBINATION-FT55_R830XXU1ATJ1) and (stock firmware: R830XXU1CTJ5).
I'm planning on changing from 'German' to 'UK' region and I want to make sure that I have the correct firmware files before I proceed to follow the video's steps.
The one I used were:

COMBINATION-FT55_R830XXU1ATK1.tar.md5
*_R830XXU1BTA3_usr.tar.md5

I also changed from NL to UK (code BTU) and it worked well.

bonecatcher

Jan 10, 2022
The one I used were:

COMBINATION-FT55_R830XXU1ATK1.tar.md5
*_R830XXU1BTA3_usr.tar.md5

I also changed from NL to UK (code BTU) and it worked well.
OK thank for this information. Do you reckon that with the files that I've got, I'll be able to change the CSC the same way you did by following the youtube video?

Combination firmware: COMBINATION-FT55_R830XXU1ATJ1(Release Date: 12-10-2020)
Stock firmware: R830XXU1CTJ5 (Tizen version : Tizen 5.5.0.1 and Release Date : 2020-10-28)

bonecatcher

Jan 10, 2022
After a year long wait, I can confirm that I've managed to flash the watch while being on the latest firmware and now have samsung pay working in the UK. Thank you AbhinavJain and to TechnoProz video on youtube.

Reactions: themediapadguy
Oct 11, 2016
Successful flash and CSC change on EUK2 (SM-R830) TIZEN 5.5.0.2 Firmware using the 5.5 Combination firmware. Thanks guys. You guys can pull the trigger, just make sure you do it correctly and use the correct combination firmware.

• Wow
Reactions: desgrixa

desgrixa

Apr 10, 2022
Successful flash and CSC change on EUK2 (SM-R830) TIZEN 5.5.0.2 Firmware using the 5.5 Combination firmware. Thanks guys. You guys can pull the trigger, just make sure you do it correctly and use the correct combination firmware.
Thanks for the reply! and for the Stock Firmware did you use R830XXU1CTJ5 or R830XXU1DUA3?

Top Liked Posts