Version: 20.9.8
Android: 11.0
Region: China
Filename: fw_picasso_miui_PICASSO_20.9.8_e540e877f8_11.0.zip
Filesize: 88 MB
MD5:
Download: Here

Note: Older releases are available Here
Thanx for updating the firmware information. Is the firmware suitable for devices with unlocked bootloader? Will flasing these official firmware overwrite the bootloader file and lock the device again?

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Thanx for updating the firmware information. Is the firmware suitable for devices with unlocked bootloader? Will flasing these official firmware overwrite the bootloader file and lock the device again?

Yes you can install it but keep in mind that it's the first R build and it may contain some issues. Flashing the firmware won't lock the bootloader as long as it's unlocked officially.

ThomasRhin

Nov 12, 2016
New MIUI Developer Firmware Release
Version: 20.9.17
Android: 11.0
Filename: fw_picasso_miui_PICASSO_20.9.17_89b0c56ae2_11.0.zip
MD5:
Download: Here

Dear yshalsager:I have tried the latest standalone firmware without any issue on the official MiUI 8.13 of my Redmi K30 5G. The flashing process in TWRP recovery is simple and smooth.So, thank you again for providing the resources.

I also downloaded the latest 9.17 fw+vendor ROM for the prerequisite of flashing GSI. I performed advanced wipe in the TWRP recovery following with formating data partiton to make sure cleaning up the phone. Before flashing GSI, I flash fw+vendor zip ROM first. However, I have no luck flashing the fw+vendor zip ROM with the TWRP. It always shows error and failed. Is it for TWRP recovery? Or it is packed for other method of flashing?How do i flash it correctly?

Last edited:

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Dear yshalsager:I have tried the latest standalone firmware without any issue on the official MiUI 8.13 of my Redmi K30 5G. The flashing process in TWRP recovery is simple and smooth.So, thank you again for providing the resources.

I also downloaded the latest 9.17 fw+vendor ROM for the prerequisite of flashing GSI. I performed advanced wipe in the TWRP recovery following with formating data partiton to make sure cleaning up the phone. Before flashing GSI, I flash fw+vendor zip ROM first. However, I have no luck flashing the fw+vendor zip ROM with the TWRP. It always shows error and failed. Is it for TWRP recovery? Or it is packed for other method of flashing?How do i flash it correctly?

You're welcome. Glad to hear it was helpful.
What's the error are you facing? Can you provide a screenshot or recovery log?

ThomasRhin

Nov 12, 2016
You're welcome. Glad to hear it was helpful.
What's the error are you facing? Can you provide a screenshot or recovery log?
Thank you for your patience of reply. I re-downloaded the fw-vendor zip files again and tested with 2 different custom recoveries including TWRP 3.4.2b and PBRP 3.0.0.0. Still no luck. I saved the log generated by the PBRP today. The log file merely shows 「Error installing zip file '/usb-otg/fw-vendor_picasso_miui_PICASSO_20.9.17_89b0c56ae2_11.0.zip'」in the end. There is no sepecific error code nor other indicationg of what's going wrong. So i cant figure it out. The log file is uploaded in the attatchment.

Below is the abstract of the log file:
================================================

I:Trying to prepare product from super partition
/product | /dev/block/dm-0 | Size: 810.1MB Used: 739.0MB Free: 71.1MB Backup Size: 739.0MB
Flags: Can_Be_Mounted IsPresent Mount_Read_Only
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/dm-0
Display_Name: Product
Storage_Name: Product
Backup_Path: /product
Backup_Name: Product
Backup_Display_Name: Product
Storage_Path: /product
Current_File_System: ext4
Fstab_File_System: ext4
Backup_Method: files
Mount_Flags: 0, Mount_Options: display="Product";logical

I:Trying to prepare odm from super partition
/odm | /dev/block/dm-3 | Size: 1.7MB Used: 0.8MB Free: 0.8MB Backup Size: 0.8MB
Flags: Can_Be_Mounted IsPresent Mount_Read_Only
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/dm-3
Display_Name: ODM
Storage_Name: ODM
Backup_Path: /odm
Backup_Name: ODM
Backup_Display_Name: ODM
Storage_Path: /odm
Current_File_System: ext4
Fstab_File_System: ext4
Backup_Method: files
Mount_Flags: 0, Mount_Options: display="ODM";logical

Updating partition details...
I: Data backup size is 5990MB, free: 222173MB.
...done
Error installing zip file '/usb-otg/fw-vendor_picasso_miui_PICASSO_20.9.17_89b0c56ae2_11.0.zip'
Updating partition details...

I: Data backup size is 5990MB, free: 222173MB.
...done
Preserving Logs...
I: operation_start: 'Copy Log'
=======================================================

Attachments

• error.log
    47.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

ThomasRhin

Nov 12, 2016
New MIUI Stable Firmware Release
  • Version: V12.0.6.0.QGICNXM
  • Android: 10.0
  • Region: China
  • Filename: fw_picasso_miui_PICASSO_V12.0.6.0.QGICNXM_adf9e45b32_10.0.zip
  • Filesize: 88 MB
  • MD5:
    Code:
    5a8c1ea85920dd67690153676822e343
  • Download: Here

FW+Vendor file still not working. I have tried again and again with another TWRP 3.4.0.0 custom recovery from masemoel(https://github.com/masemoel). Here it is the screen shot:
KlCQBdc.png

Three different custom recoveries all failed to install the fw+vendor files including 20.9.17 and stable V12.0.5.0.QGICNXM provided from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com.
Any idea how to solve it?

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Redmi K30 5G
New MIUI Stable Firmware Release
Version: V12.0.6.0.QGICNXM
Android: 10.0
Filename: fw_picasso_miui_PICASSO_V12.0.6.0.QGICNXM_adf9e45b32_10.0.zip
MD5:

FW+Vendor file still not working. I have tried again and again with another TWRP 3.4.0.0 custom recovery from masemoel(https://github.com/masemoel). Here it is the screen shot:

Three different custom recoveries all failed to install the fw+vendor files including 20.9.17 and stable V12.0.5.0.QGICNXM provided from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com.
Any idea how to solve it?
Ensure you aren't mounting vendor, system or firmware partition before flashing.
Also we can't flash vendor files for some reason in ANY recovery, but we can flash latest xiaomi.eu with latest vendor, so definitively there should be something wrong with vendor flashable zips... But firmware zips work for me at least!
Sharing your logs after trying that (in case it still fails) will be helpful.

Sent from my Redmi K30 5G using XDA Labs

Last edited:

ThomasRhin

Nov 12, 2016
Ensure you aren't mounting vendor, system or firmware partition before flashing.
Also we can't flash vendor files for some reason in ANY recovery, but we can flash latest xiaomi.eu with latest vendor, so definitively there should be something wrong with vendor flashable zips... But firmware zips work for me at least!
Sharing your logs after trying that (in case it still fails) will be helpful.

Thank you for reply. I did try mount/unmount system and vendor partition,both failed as the screenshot shows. There is no problem flashing firmware flashable files, but fw+vendor flashable files just wont work. I wonder if the script generating the fw+vendor zip file could be incompatible with the all three custom recoveries using by K30 5G. Any luck or method making it work?

masemoel

Jul 24, 2019
Jaén
LG G4
Redmi K30 5G
Thank you for reply. I did try mount/unmount system and vendor partition,both failed as the screenshot shows. There is no problem flashing firmware flashable files, but fw+vendor flashable files just wont work. I wonder if the script generating the fw+vendor zip file could be incompatible with the all three custom recoveries using by K30 5G. Any luck or method making it work?
I just flash xiaomi.eu, which already includes latest vendor.
You can also extract the vendor image from the fastboot package as well, and flash it in fastbootd.
But yeah, definitively there should be something wrong with the vendor files as no one can flash them...

Sent from my Redmi K30 5G using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All Xiaomi custom ROMs users complain from a single problem, which is the firmware updates. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release, and developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here comes my solution:

Xiaomi Firmware Updater (Redmi K30 5G)
    jSIVrRy.png
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

A set of various scripts that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files every MIUI new update!
    My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global, Europe, India, and China, extracts the firmware-update folder, generates firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to many servers.
    The scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every six hours.

Note:
    File name's will be in the following manner:
    • fw_picasso_miui_PICASSO_*.zip is Redmi K30 5G (picasso) China firmware.
    • fw_picasso_miui_PICASSO48M_*.zip is Redmi K30i 5G (picasso_48m) China firmware.

Downloads
    You can get updates always from various mirrors available on the website:

Frequently Asked Questions:
    What is Firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?
    Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers that helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.
    Why should I update the Firmware?
    Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!
    Do I need updating the Firmware If I'm MIUI official or custom ROM user?
    No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.
    What are the supported devices?
    All Snapdragon and MTK devices including China-only devices.
    Check the full devices list here
    How to update the firmware?
    1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
    2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.
    How to check the updated firmware?
    Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Support or Contact:
    Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on Github repository or just write here in a reply, and we’ll help you sort it out.

Source Code:
    - Github
    - Main project thread

Donations:
    A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open-source, that cost money, time, and many efforts.
    XiaomiFirmwareUpdater and MIUIUpdatesTracker scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using:
    - LiberaPay
    - Paypal
    - Pateron

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Firmware] Redmi K30 5G [picasso] [Auto updated daily!], Tool/Utility for the Redmi K30 5G

Contributors
    yshalsager
    Source Code: https://github.com/XiaomiFirmwareUpdater

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5

Created 2020-05-08
    Last Updated 2020-07-07
    New MIUI Developer Firmware Release
    • Version: 20.5.7
    • Android: 10.0
    • Region: China
    • Filename: fw_picasso_miui_PICASSO_20.5.7_f507bed7ab_10.0.zip