[Firmware release] CLT-L29 8.1.0.107(C432)

Search This thread

JohnAC

May 19, 2018
Just received the 8.1.0.120 update

Just received the 8.1.0.120 update and I am from the UK. My handset is from Vodafone.

Apart from what the change log says about the Camera, I think they added extra features. One of them is the ability to record video using the front facing camera in Full HD and Full HD+. Before I was only able to record in HD(720) while using the front facing camera.

Also found out that the front camera now has a stabiliser option. Before it didn't when I was on the 8.1.0.107 firmware version. Hopefully this would make video calling better

Last edited:
Reactions: isko01

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
I am on three, I got 8.0.1.120
And got it from Wonda Mobile

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

And I am also on EE (Dual SIM)

Didn't know the C636 was a UK or European model

Also wonder why the C782 is so far behind other models for the updates

Sent from my Huawei P20 Pro using XDA Labs

Last edited:

koloure2211

Jun 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The C636 isn't a UK or EU model?
It's an Asia/Pacific Model to the best of my knowledge, (I could be wrong?) Checked with "Funky Huawei' and it seems to confirm it.
Though I did not download it from there it was "pushed" from Huawei.

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
The C636 isn't a UK or EU model?
It's an Asia/Pacific Model to the best of my knowledge, (I could be wrong?) Checked with "Funky Huawei' and it seems to confirm it.
Though I did not download it from there it was "pushed" from Huawei.

Weird Wanda Mobile selling that version in the UK, do all features work, do u get HD./hdr playback in netflix

Sent from my Huawei P20 Pro using XDA Labs

koloure2211

Jun 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Actually they are based in Hong Kong, that's who I purchased from. if you go on their site you can read the questions (and answers) about p20 pro by me and others ?
As for HDR, Netflix, etc? I am not sure as I never use Netflix, (see no reason) to watch on a mobile screen?

Last edited:

thevenej

Dec 20, 2016
After reading ton's of messages, I am now able to update my CLT-29 :D:D
Here is how I did, BUT I am still a newbie! I just read ton's of messages
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76596149&postcount=28
Thinks to all the precious advices I received!
Sorry but I posted my previous message in the wrong thread and I don't know how to solve this:cyclops::cyclops:
Update CLT-L29 8.1.0.128(C432) with TWRP already installed
Hello,
Many thanks to all of your for your kind support , so I intend to create a summary of what I did, hoping it could help others !
I had already unlock previsouly my Bootloader (of course, else this topic would not exist) via Unlock bootloader from Huawei :https://emui.huawei.com/en/unlock_detail
I already had TWRP and Magisk installed and wanted to get the latest official firmware for my P20-PRO-CLT-L29(C432) - > CLT-L29 8.1.0.128(C432).
When intending to update (from my phone), it could not work (I allways boot back to TWRP), upgrade failed.
Special credits to : @Pretoriano80
@sarichter
@SpH1nX
Start with : Do your Backup !
Removed then all security (screen unlock in developper mode =0) , no pin, no pattern, no password, no fingerprint, no faceunlock
Download the following set of files (that I've uploaded and ready to use) : https://mega.nz/#F!pEpRDB7R!pmPDjlqgtdHTs39gyLdJhg
(nota : my upload is quite slow, so please wait some hours before it is available)
It contains : HuRUpdater_0.3.zip, Magisk-v16.4-Beta.zip, twrp_clt_0.1.img, recovery.img
, update.zip, update_all_hw.zip, update_data_public.zip

- On your phone create a folder including all files from the package above.
- Boot in TWRP
- Install : HuRUpdater zip from the folder where you had put all files (no issue with decryption, at least in my case)
Nota : I had almost an heart attack during installation as it did a reference to CLT-09... not CLT-29 but it works and this despite some strange error messages.

When achieved : wipe/cache dalvik.
Phone will reboot and optimize the apps.
In my case, I lost my root access and TWRP, so I've done it again, but normally it was supposed to stay when using HurUpdater

Install TWRP (again if needed) :
- Start your device in fastboot mode
- Install the recovery using the following command : fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_clt_0.1.img
Restart with this command: fastboot reboot
Important : As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP, so the device will boot to TWRP. This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Reboot again in recovery
(re)Install : Magisk-v16.4-Beta.zip
Have fun,
JPh

koloure2211

Jun 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11
Google Pixel 6 Pro
New update today!
for the CLT 29 C636 (from Wonda Mobile Hong Kong)
493 meg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180613-144502.jpg
    Screenshot_20180613-144502.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts