Firmware+UNLOCK+TWRP+ROOT+LineageosRom+other for ALLDOCUBE X(U1005)

Search This thread

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
I know this is late but here's how to flash android 10 gsi to the tablet.

1. Unlock the bootloader. Refer to my earlier posts on how to.
2. Boot into TWRP. (off the device. Press and hold power and immediately press and hold vol up. When the menu appears, vol up to move cursor and vol down to select.)
3. flash the decrypt.zip
4. Advance wipe everything except microsd and otg
5. flash an older lineage 17.1 image from andy yan, I am using 20200227 arm 64 avN.img
6. boot into system (Don't install gapps first)
7. When the lineage screen appears, shut it down and go back into recovery
8. flash FlameGapps. Use an older version. I am using Flame gapps basic 20191229.zip
9. Boot into system. It takes like 5 mins to see the google setup screen. This time, go through the google setup process.
10. This step is important. Let play store play services and other gapps update themselves in background. This may take time like an hour or two depending on your connection. Check by looking at the version of your playstore if it gets updated.
11. Boot into recovery. Flash the latest lineage 17.1. As of now I am using 20210808 arm 64 avS.img
12. Wipe cache and reboot into system. You now have the latest 17.1

if you flash the latest 17.1 directly, it'll just bootloop like for my case.

Edit. This does not work. Play store and services crashes

Last edited:

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
This worked for lineage 17.1
1. Get latest 17.1 from Andy yan
2. Boot into twrp
3. Flash decrypt. Advance wipe all except microsd
4. Flash latest 17.1 avS.img
5. Clear cache boot into system
6. Once setup screen appear reboot into recovery
7. Flash latest opengapps
8. Clear cache boot into system
9. Reboot into recovery. Factory reset. Boot into system and it works.

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
Havoc gsi for android 10 is the most stable for this device. This device just can't work with any android 11 gsi. If anyone can make it work, it'll be great.

boggiewithstu

Sep 24, 2021
2. Boot into twrp
What are the benefits of installing lineage 17.1 in the tablet alldocube x?
I've just bought this new tablet and I have some issues:
-Weak wifi signal, but Im pretty close to the router.
-Poor battery, it lasts only 3 hours of watching youtube.

Does lineage 17.1 solve any of these problems?

rajesh vijay

Nov 4, 2014
OnePlus 5T
2. Boot into twrp
Hi Ravel7774,
I tried the above mentioned by you, have some query
1) After advance wipe, nothing is there in internal storage, how to flash from twrp
2) fastboot .img file is too big
3) adb sideload , need zip file
4) stuck up in fastboot loop
back to 15.1 as earlier
could you please help

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
What are the benefits of installing lineage 17.1 in the tablet alldocube x?
I've just bought this new tablet and I have some issues:
-Weak wifi signal, but Im pretty close to the router.
-Poor battery, it lasts only 3 hours of watching youtube.

Does lineage 17.1 solve any of these problems?
my wifi seems ok with lineage 17.1. Battery, this tablet has always been weak.

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
Hi Ravel7774,
I tried the above mentioned by you, have some query
1) After advance wipe, nothing is there in internal storage, how to flash from twrp
2) fastboot .img file is too big
3) adb sideload , need zip file
4) stuck up in fastboot loop
back to 15.1 as earlier
could you please help
I've a sdcard, hence my image is on the sdcard.
I think you may need to flash to china stock rom first before flashing any custom rom?
Try havoc 3.1 gsi. It seems to be more stable on this device.

rajesh vijay

Nov 4, 2014
OnePlus 5T
I've a sdcard, hence my image is on the sdcard.
I think you may need to flash to china stock rom first before flashing any custom rom?
Try havoc 3.1 gsi. It seems to be more stable on this device.
I already flashed china stock and then lineage 15.1(8.1.0). After that tried the above as stated by you, failed. Now RR -8.1.0
. I wanted to move to android 10 or 11.
But as you said 11 is still far away for this device,would like to go for stable android 10.
If you can suggest/ link for havoc gsi 10

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
I already flashed china stock and then lineage 15.1(8.1.0). After that tried the above as stated by you, failed. Now RR -8.1.0
. I wanted to move to android 10 or 11.
But as you said 11 is still far away for this device,would like to go for stable android 10.
If you can suggest/ link for havoc gsi 10
https://havoc-os.com/device#arm64-aonly

1. Boot into twrp
  2. flash decrypt zip from page 1 of thread
  3. advance wipe everything except sdcard, which holds the havoc gsi zip and flame gapps,
  4. flash havoc os gsi vanilla (Do not flash the one with gapps because it may complain image is too big)
  5. Wipe cache, reboot into system
  6. Device boots up but has no gapps.
  7. Reboot it back into twrp
  8. flash decrypt.zip
  9. flash flamegapps. There are a few sizes. pick basic, so that it's small enough to be flashed onto device. You may also need to pick a version that's older like Flame gapps basic 20191229.zip? Do try with latest version first.
  10. wipe or format data partition
  11. reboot into system

Last edited:
Reactions: rajesh vijay

rajesh vijay

Nov 4, 2014
OnePlus 5T
https://havoc-os.com/device#arm64-aonly

1. Boot into twrp
  2. flash decrypt zip from page 1 of thread
  3. advance wipe everything except sdcard, which holds the havoc gsi zip and flame gapps,
  4. flash havoc os gsi vanilla (Do not flash the one with gapps because it may complain image is too big)
  5. Wipe cache, reboot into system
  6. Device boots up but has no gapps.
  7. Reboot it back into twrp
  8. flash decrypt.zip
  9. flash flamegapps. There are a few sizes. pick basic, so that it's small enough to be flashed onto device. You may also need to pick a version that's older like Flame gapps basic 20191229.zip? Do try with latest version first.
  10. wipe or format data partition
  11. reboot into system
Excellent, & deeply appreciates, will flash as mentioned and will do update you.

Ravel7774

Nov 3, 2018
Excellent, & deeply appreciates, will flash as mentioned and will do update you.
If you get a encryption error when booting up havoc after flashing it, (it reboots into twrp after the error), just reflash the decrypt.zip and reboot into system again. And I've just tried, need to use an older version of flamegapps basic. The lastest version does not work. I used 2019-12-29 and it worked.

Last edited:

aindriu80

Aug 31, 2012
I had android 10 on Alldocube X a long time ago but it was too unstable, battery life is horrendous

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. firmware

CN firmware:X(U1005)-Android8.1-CN-190123-------chinese firmware,no google play,SN number begin with U1005

NON EU firmware:X(U1005)-Android8.1-ALLDOCUBE-NONEU-190116------with google play,but for Non-European Region.SN number begin with U1005

EU firmware:X(U1005E)-Android8.1-ALLDOCUBE-EU-190108------with google play,but for European Region.SN number begin with U1005E

2. UNLOCK,TWRP,ROOT,AND OTHER

Ⅰ.UNLOCK

• "Settings"-"System"-"About tablet"-tap "build number" six times-go back to "System"-"Developer options"-let "OEM unlocking" enable.
    • download google adb and fastboot tool for windows
    • "Developer options"-let "USB debugging" enable.connect the tablet to your windows computer via type-c cable.The "Allow USB debugging" window pops up on the machine and clicks the "OK" button to allow
    • unzip platform-tools-latest-windows.zip file, open the "platform-tools" folder.Hold down the shift key and right-click to open the command line or power shell window
    • type “adb devices” in command line,if the result is "0123456789ABCDEF device",that means the type-C line is well connected and the ADB debugging is successfully opened.
    • type "adb reboot bootloader" in command line to let tablet goto fastboot mode.
    • type "fastboot getvar unlocked" in command line.if the result is "unlocked: no",that means oem is locked.
    • type "fastboot oem unlock" in command line.and the tablet will metion you press "volume up" to allow unlock the tablet,press volume-up button on tablet.
      if the command line shows like:
      "(bootloader) Start unlock flow

OKAY [ 5.970s]
      finished. total time: 5.974s"

that means Unlock success。
      or you can type "fastboot getvar unlocked" in command line.if the result is "unlocked: yes" ,that also means Unlock success。

PS: unlock will wipe out all data.

Ⅱ. TWRP

Ⅲ. ROOT

• downloadMagisk-v20.0.zip,and place zip file in "platform-tools" folder
    • in twrp mode--cancel "enter password "--then Swip to allow Modifications--Advanced-ADB Sideload-Swipe to Start Sideload.
    • type "adb sideload Magisk-v20.0.zip " in command line to install magisk Module
    • reboot the tablet ,and the tablet is rooted 。
    • install full magisk manager app

Ⅳ. OTHER

3. tips

Do not use the "Format All + Download" option when flash firmware with MTK SP flash tool.
    when the wire flashing process is interrupted, the machine may enter a fake dead state, and the mtk spflashtool does not recognize the port. The machine needs to be completely powered off or powerless before it can be reset.

4.ROMS

First thanks to wuxianlin.wuxianlin has ported lineageos 15.1 to alldocube x.
    lineageos device link:android_device_cube_u1005 by wuxianlin
    lineageos vendor link:android_vendor_cube_u1005 by wuxianlin
    lineageos 15.1 rom link: lineage-15.1-20190303-UNOFFICIAL-u1005.zip for cn firmware by WUXIANLIN
    lineage-15.1-20190406-UNOFFICIAL-u1005.zip for cn firmware by WUXIANLIN
    lineage-15.1-20190320-UNOFFICIAL-u1005.zip uploading

Guys who have the ability to port ROM can also refer to his device and vendor for porting.
    Thanks WUXIANLIN again!

5.kernel source

CUBE-kernel-U1005
    I did not mean to be arrogant, sorry ...:highfive:
    I have been thinking if it is not possible to install compatible sound drivers with Pie, by flashing a custom Pie version .zip of Viper4Android tools:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-viper4android-fx-2-6-0-0-t3774651

APK Link: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/download/com.pittvandewitt.viperfx

Or with the Viper4Android FX or Viper4Android XHiFi Magisk modules... We can have a try... :fingers-crossed:

I understand how frustrating it can be when people come in and don't read the full thread or search for answers, so I can appreciate where you were coming from. No offense taken. I just want to try and collect as much information as possible in this thread as it seems that our Alldocube X are really quite niche devices and if we aren't experimenting with them to unleash the full potential, then nobody else will.

Today I flashed two other Pie based GSI images and both of them had sound support right out of the box, so there is definitely some possibilities for finding a Pie based ROM that is stable enough to use as a daily driver while we wait for Alldocube to update their system images/firmware to Pie.

The first image I flashed was a complete stock Treble GSI with AOSP 9.0 r35 that uses Free Open Source Software repositories and microG services. [AOSP 9.0.0_r35][v112] microG ufOfficial (cve April 5, 2019) arm32/64
    Download

Seeing the complete stock Android Pie without any vendor skins was very interesting and with the testing that I did, it probably had the best hardware functionality as the camera, DAC for sound, fingerprint, wifi, Bluetooth, all worked. So if you are Linux enthusiast and want great battery life and be free from Google, then this would be ideal for you.

But for me, I am too hooked on the Gapps that I needed to find another GSI that was more friendly Gapps. I found this GSI that looked great as it has a variant that has the Gapps pre-installed on the system image.
    [ROM][GSI] BlissRoms [11.8] 9.0 [Stable][arm64 a/ab][gapps optional] Official

To give a very short impression - this Bliss Bass GSI image has real potential to be a daily driver as all the core Google framework worked perfectly. So did the sound, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc. But there is a major issue with the camera. You can see my detailed post on the thread from above on page 25.

The developers of Bliss Rom seem to be quite helpful and I think that they might be interested in deep diagnostics that would be very helpful for us in the long run. So while I work with them on troubleshooting - I will not be flashing other GSI.
    I hate Samsung devices never ever going to buy one.

I let my eyes fall on (used) Huawei mediapad M5 with L1.

That's a shame because really like to have an amoled screen.... Thanks for honest opinion.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 9 met Tapatalk

I completely disagree with the review - I have had this tablet for since the beginning of the year and for the price, it is really top notch. Yes, the normal software does have issues which is why I have experimented with lots of different custom ROMS. In particular the lineage-15.1-20190406-UNOFFICIAL-u1005.zip for cn firmware by WUXIANLIN from the first post works wonderfully well - and has some great wifi enhancements to prolong the battery life.

Downloaded media from both Netflix and Amazon Prime video looks great on the tablet (the AMOLED screed really looks great) so I wouldn't let one recommendation based on what appears to be bad experience with the stock software make your decision. From a price/hardware perspective it is difficult to beat this value!
    kernel tweaks

Hi,

With the kernel sources provided on the first page , I've tried to tweak a little to get better battery life:
    brightness decrease to 20 nits instead of 40 nits at lower settings
    less aggressive frequency management
    undervolting of cpu and gpu

I've now around 9 hours of battery life for watching netflix offline video ( with wifi off) and brigthness set to 10 %

To install the boot.img ( lineage os), make sure you have backuped your boot partition with twrp before.
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot u1005.img
    fastboot reboot

As always, use at your own risk ...

Occip