• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[FIRMWARE / Update][Stock] Fire HD 10 - 7th Gen

Search This thread

Kctucka

Mar 24, 2019
Thanks, but my problem is that I can not get into Sytem Updates since it is blocked by Parental Contols which I can not seem to reverse

If you're not rooted, download DevCheck:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/flar2/devcheck-system-info/devcheck-system-info-2-39-release/

Open the app and navigate to the System tab. Scroll down until you get to "Operating System."

From there, you will see the option for fingerprint and build. Align that number with the build number listed in the urls of the OP. See attached screenshot.

View attachment 4815517

If you are rooted, just check Build.Prop

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
If you're not rooted, download DevCheck:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/flar2/devcheck-system-info/devcheck-system-info-2-39-release/

Open the app and navigate to the System tab. Scroll down until you get to "Operating System."

From there, you will see the option for fingerprint and build. Align that number with the build number listed in the urls of the OP. See attached screenshot.

View attachment 4815517

If you are rooted, just check Build.Prop
Thanks for the help. Really like the info that DevCheck gave. I was disappointed that indicated that the Fire 10 HD was a 32 bit were Amazon indicates it is a 64bit. Did get the operating info but not the version for the Fire. Question: If I do root and get TWRIP will the destroy what Amazon has provived or not? Thought that you might know

Kctucka

Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for the help. Really like the info that DevCheck gave. I was disappointed that indicated that the Fire 10 HD was a 32 bit were Amazon indicates it is a 64bit. Did get the operating info but not the version for the Fire. Question: If I do root and get TWRIP will the destroy what Amazon has provived or not? Thought that you might know

Thhe operating info should give the build number, that corresponds to the version. I'll show an example later when I have access to my tablets.

And yeah the HD 10 stock ROM is some odd combo of 32 bit and 64 bit. However, running @ggow Lineage ROM provides a full 64 bit ROM, so things work more smoothly.

Also, root and TWRP won't destroy what Amazon provides, assuming you mean access to their services and general OS.

jason7246

Apr 14, 2016
so what is the proper way to flash a bin turned zip stock os file through twrp on a bootloader hacked fire hd 10 2017? i seen mentioned earlier something about removing lines that say preloader, tz, and lk in the updater script, but when i look at it i see

getprop("ro.product.device") == "suez" || abort("This package is for "suez" devices; this is a "" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "".");
show_progress(0.750000, 0);
ui_print("Patching system image unconditionally...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
show_progress(0.050000, 5);
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot");
show_progress(0.200000, 10);]
package_extract_file("images/lk.bin", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/lk"); <-----
package_extract_file("images/tz.img", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee1"); <------
package_extract_file("images/tz.img", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee2"); <------
package_extract_file("images/preloader.hdr0", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot0hdr0"); <-------
package_extract_file("images/preloader.bin", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot0img0"); <------
package_extract_file("images/preloader.hdr1", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot0hdr1"); <------
package_extract_file("images/preloader.bin", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot0img1"); <------
package_extract_file("META-INF/com/amazon/android/target.blocklist", "/cache/recovery/last_blocklist");
set_metadata("/cache/recovery/last_blocklist", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0444, "capabilities", 0x0);

and am not sure if im supposed to removed all 7 lines or just certain ones or?

or can i actually just straight forward flash the turned zip firmware through twrp after first wiping it, without changing anything in the updater script?
thank you in advance.

Last edited:

spocko

May 22, 2013
Will we ever get a newer Android version for the Fire HD 10 2017? FireOS 5.x is based on Android 5.1.1, and I'm starting to see apps that need a newer Android version.

I recently added a Fire HD 10 2019 in my family, and it had FireOS 7.x, which is based on Android 9. That's a big difference, and makes the 2019 a much better device even though the hardware is not very different.

smithbill

Jun 24, 2007
Liverpool
so what is the proper way to flash a bin turned zip stock os file through twrp on a bootloader hacked fire hd 10 2017? i seen mentioned earlier something about removing lines that say preloader, tz, and lk in the updater script, but when i look at it i see

getprop("ro.product.device") == "suez" || abort("This package is for "suez" devices; this is a "" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "".");
show_progress(0.750000, 0);
ui_print("Patching system image unconditionally...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
show_progress(0.050000, 5);
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot");
show_progress(0.200000, 10);]
package_extract_file("images/lk.bin", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/lk"); <-----
package_extract_file("images/tz.img", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee1"); <------
package_extract_file("images/tz.img", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee2"); <------
package_extract_file("images/preloader.hdr0", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot0hdr0"); <-------
package_extract_file("images/preloader.bin", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot0img0"); <------
package_extract_file("images/preloader.hdr1", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot0hdr1"); <------
package_extract_file("images/preloader.bin", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot0img1"); <------
package_extract_file("META-INF/com/amazon/android/target.blocklist", "/cache/recovery/last_blocklist");
set_metadata("/cache/recovery/last_blocklist", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "mode", 0444, "capabilities", 0x0);

and am not sure if im supposed to removed all 7 lines or just certain ones or?

or can i actually just straight forward flash the turned zip firmware through twrp after first wiping it, without changing anything in the updater script?
thank you in advance.

Was there an answer to this question?

SaintJosef

Jan 12, 2021
Hello guys, I know this is an old thread, but I require some assistance, My tablet is a "Fire HD 10 (7h Generation)" what would be a step by step procedure to apply the updates? My Tablet has Fire OS 5.6.0.1 and I applied back in 2017 some patches and disabled the bloatware the came with it, I also changed the default Launcher for Nova following a guide from here from several years ago. Thank you very much in advance for your guidance!

RjGunner111

Jul 8, 2019
Motorola Droid RAZR
LG Leon
when i flashed this to my tablet, i actually full bricked my tablet, please put this in disclosure to NOT flash this directly (adb)

koad1226

Nov 3, 2014
I bricked my hd 10 2017 7th generation device. I used shorting to get it to boot. But the touch is not working. So I have been stuck at the first setup page for 2 weeks now. I am sure I have not tempered with the touch and digitizer. I have sideloaded 5.6.8.0 but the screen is not responsive to touch. I can't therefore enable developer option since I can't go beyond the first set up screen.
How do I get the device working again?

JJ2017

Jan 7, 2017
Huawei P20 Pro
when i flashed this to my tablet, i actually full bricked my tablet, please put this in disclosure to NOT flash this directly (adb)
Yep, OS 5.6.1.0 is the earliest you can go back to without running into problems (I have found this out through time consuming trial & error). However, TWRP should remain intact so rebooting into recovery (power & vol+) means it can be easily rescued.
To be fair to the previous posters - no-one mention going back as far as 5.6.0.1. I am interested in doing this - perhaps through some adjustment to the amonet script (or more accurately the .bin files therein) to allow this. Ideas anyone?

I bricked my hd 10 2017 7th generation device. I used shorting to get it to boot. But the touch is not working. So I have been stuck at the first setup page for 2 weeks now. I am sure I have not tempered with the touch and digitizer. I have sideloaded 5.6.8.0 but the screen is not responsive to touch. I can't therefore enable developer option since I can't go beyond the first set up screen.
How do I get the device working again?
Assuming you have unlocked the device and installed TWRP using the method posted: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/unlock-root-twrp-unbrick-fire-hd-10-2017-suez.3913639/ you should be able to get back into recovery. Once in TWRP you will know immediately if the screen is broken! You will also be able to reflash any of the Suez ROM's >5.6.1.0. I have flashed ROMs to Fire tablets many times and have occasionally hit the 'unresponsive screen' problem - but a reboot or a reflash will work if you persist... Good luck!

EDIT: corrected link to Unlock tutorial!

Last edited:

koad1226

Nov 3, 2014
Yep, OS 5.6.1.0 is the earliest you can go back to without running into problems (I have found this out through time consuming trial & error). However, TWRP should remain intact so rebooting into recovery (power & vol+) means it can be easily rescued.
To be fair to the previous posters - no-one mention going back as far as 5.6.0.1. I am interested in doing this - perhaps through some adjustment to the amonet script (or more accurately the .bin files therein) to allow this. Ideas anyone?

Assuming you have unlocked the device and installed TWRP using the method posted: https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/fire-hd-8-and-hd-10-original-android-development.4714/ you should be able to get back into recovery. Once in TWRP you will know immediately if the screen is broken! You will also be able to reflash any of the Suez ROM's >5.6.1.0. I have flashed ROMs to Fire tablets many times and have occasionally hit the 'unresponsive screen' problem - but a reboot or a reflash will work if you persist... Good luck!
Thanks for the response.
But with the touch not working, and being stuck on the first set up page, I don't know how to install twrp.
Now I can only boot into recovery,
brick the device by installing a lower version is, and unbrick it through shorting. I am actually stuck at the set up page.

JJ2017

Jan 7, 2017
Huawei P20 Pro
Thanks for the response.
But with the touch not working, and being stuck on the first set up page, I don't know how to install twrp.
Now I can only boot into recovery,
brick the device by installing a lower version is, and unbrick it through shorting. I am actually stuck at the set up page.
OK. So you've got stock recovery and by shorting you mean power & vol+ button press to get into it?
Have you tried 'clear cache' and 'factory data reset' options in recovery?
Might not help but worth a try. Also, might be worth sideloading the last working version you had - you mention 5.6.8.0 above - was that the last working one or the older version? (IDK if we're on 5.6.9.0 now, or whatever!)

Due to some heroic work on xda there are some great hacks for reviving a bricked Fire 10 (2017) e.g. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/2017-fire-hd-10-unbricking-from-anti-rollback.3896616/
However, this will involve disassmebly of your device - which you may be relucatant to do (I have noticed that during the production life of this device Amazon made it harder and harder to disassemble.... but it is possible!). So you do have some options.

koad1226

Nov 3, 2014
OK. So you've got stock recovery and by shorting you mean power & vol+ button press to get into it?
Have you tried 'clear cache' and 'factory data reset' options in recovery?
Might not help but worth a try. Also, might be worth sideloading the last working version you had - you mention 5.6.8.0 above - was that the last working one or the older version? (IDK if we're on 5.6.9.0 now, or whatever!)

Due to some heroic work on xda there are some great hacks for reviving a bricked Fire 10 (2017) e.g. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/2017-fire-hd-10-unbricking-from-anti-rollback.3896616/
However, this will involve disassmebly of your device - which you may be relucatant to do (I have noticed that during the production life of this device Amazon made it harder and harder to disassemble.... but it is possible!). So you do have some options.
I am grateful for your concern.
I can boot into recovery. I have done the factory reset and clear cache several times but still the screen is not responding to touch. Could installing apps from unknown sources have caused the problem?
Once it did work but I realized the screen began to misbehave after I had installed some apps from outside the Amazon store.
And the link you shared has been followed to unbrick the device.
Is it possible to sideload twrp?
Maybe a custom ROM could help. But how do I flash it when the screen is not responding to touch?

Top Liked Posts